Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV-Tickford Club of NSW > FPV-TCNSW Club Discussions

Old 06-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
mikeeman_ford
EXR-699

Default Ford Decision in the next year or so

Hi All,

You might have heard that Ford are going to look at weather they kill the design and production of the falcon and bring in an American car to align all the cars Ford worldwide.

The pro of this would be that parts should be cheaper and easier to get as they are the same all around the world. Performance companies will be worldwide trying to out do eachother, so you can get go fast bits for your car from anywhere in the world.

The cons - They would either choose the "fusion" or "Taurus". Problem is Front wheel drive (however they do have an all wheen drive option), the biggest motor is only the 3.5 6cyl. This has 196kw, not bad for a 6, but the torque is appaling (250). If they wanted to keep the Aussie Ford man happy they need to put a V8 motor and definate rear wheel drive, and when you do that you might as well make another falcon.

I dont mind if they want to align us all to have the same models across the board, but they need to have a good powerful family sedan, bring in the Mustang, but dont insult us by charging 6 figures for one, and an extra 10k for one with the roof cut off.

Your thoughts guys and gals

Mike

Visit my Blog lovemyfalc.blogspot.com
RIP - AU1 1999 XR6 VCT, Forever in my heart.
mikeeman_ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

I would go for dropping the Falcon for a Mustang but thats where personally I'd draw the line.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
Hords
Treasure your balls?

You couldn't substitute a Mustang for a Falcon. Two totally different cars for different buyer requirements.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Yes ford is moving to "one ford" platform. However cars which are localised for specific reasons, and which are still profitable will stay.
Don't rule out the Falcon yet, it's not dead until announced and there should be some interesting announcements in the not too distant future.

Remember FG is LHD patented and the only RWD car left in ford's product line up...
Besides the I6 is running until 2014 so you have 5 more years of the good girls left yet...

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
mikeeman_ford
EXR-699

I think they will be silly to let a RWD car go out of the australian market.

As long as they have a V8 Ford and perhaps a 6T in the future that should at least keep people happy. But if it is a rebadged american car with an FPV logo on it, would you buy it? i wouldnt because it is not a true FPV

Visit my Blog lovemyfalc.blogspot.com
RIP - AU1 1999 XR6 VCT, Forever in my heart.
mikeeman_ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post