Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 29-02-2024, 07:58 PM   #1
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Default Sync3

Just a few questions regarding the icc units in our Mondeos, as I'm looking into doing a maps & operating system update, mine is 2016mod with sync3 running 2.0 operating system.from my research the US cars can do downloads/updates using wifi ,but the Australian & UK cars need to do it with a USB download im looking....so a few questions what operating system is your icc running(click on the settings butting & view the sync3 settings & it's in there under the sync3 information) I'm thinking of using the CYANLABS Download, has anyone used them(as the information I'm getting out of Ford UK is the most I can go is 3.0, whislt CYANLABS say I can go the latest which is 3.4) also wondering if anyone has had it done with a local Ford dealer & what operating system they have put in, or any other companies that have been used..... basically still doing my research before I do it,so any help is much appreciated
goz007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2024, 05:35 PM   #2
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Default Re: Sync3

https://www.ford.co.uk/support/sync-maps-updates
For anyone interested,today i did the upgrade to my sync3 & maps the update, went smoothly & im happy with the results, the operating system is now 3.0(even though CYANLABS say it can be updated to the latest 3.4 maps) i decided just to go with the factorys suggestions at this time(although at so stage i may be brave & try CYANLABS out.....they also have some updates to the instrument cluster which im also interested(they have some awesome set ups/colors+i want to add electronic speedo)
but other than that anyone wanting to put the latest factory settings in there Sync3 the above link will get u there ,importantly read carefully & understand the procedure before attempting as u run the risk of bricking your module
goz007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post