Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default whats my fiesta worth

my reasons for buying my fiesta changed 1 month after i bought it
I moved 70km from work and though i'd sell the xr8 and buy a fuel saver but 1 month later my boss opened a local office for me and i drive 7km to work now so i don't really need the fiesta and want to buy a BA GT
now my fiesta is a Aug 2012 build and bought in dec 2012, black CL with safety pack, Zetec leather wheel, 12,500 km and serviced at 7000 with nulon full syn oil, rest if perfect as its only 9 months old
whats it worth? trying to work out if i give it away and the new owner picks up the repayments remaining or i pay it out along with the penalty fees and just sell it
i have seen 2011's for $12k and 2012's for $14k but I owe $12k or i can keep it another year and sell it for $11k and will then only owe $8k so i will make $3k but pay back $4k in repayments plus $1000 rego so i will lose about $2k
what to do?

BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
ellwa

Default Re: whats my fiesta worth

unfortunately what you see them listed for, and what they are selling for are 2 very different numbers.
I recently sold my '09 WS Zetec(yes, slightly different to your case, but not massively).
I paid around $22.5k in Nov. '09, sold in June. '13 for $9k. It had 32000km on it, no damage, new tyres all round, less than 1000km on them, and got zero interest, except from used car dealers trying to lowball me.

The unfortunate thing for you is that you can pickup brand new, with full factory warranty, registered etc for the same price you can get one brand new. and if you're financing, on a new car you can get between 0.5 and 3% interest, if you have to borrow to buy the second hand model, you're looking at 13-18% interest.

so unfortunately my friend, you're gonna get murdered on the resale, not least because people dont want to buy Fords since they've announced that they're ceasing production in Australia.

not what you want to hear, but the sad case :(
ellwa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i'm prepared for a hit in the pocket, car only really cost me $14000 not including rego and figured almost $2k per year depressiation over 4 years only crap thing is I have to pay $800 to close out the finance in the first year and my total interest over 4 years is only $800, I did work out that keeping it for 4 years was the best thing financially.
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellwa View Post
unfortunately what you see them listed for, and what they are selling for are 2 very different numbers.
I recently sold my '09 WS Zetec(yes, slightly different to your case, but not massively).
I paid around $22.5k in Nov. '09, sold in June. '13 for $9k. It had 32000km on it, no damage, new tyres all round, less than 1000km on them, and got zero interest, except from used car dealers trying to lowball me.

not what you want to hear, but the sad case :(
sold mine in a week for 13k... same age, double the km's but a LX. you just got to hang tight!

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
trumpy73

Yeah exactly. You gotta advertise properly on carsales with lots of pictures and clear information. There's buyers out there; it's just a matter of doing it right and being patient. It shouldn't take more than 3-4 weeks to sell a good condition Fiesta at a reasonable price. $9k for a 2009 Zetec, someone got a bargain.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2013, 12:12 AM   #6
ellwa

Was on carsales for 4 weeks, with around 15 images. had been freshly washed and detailed inside and out.
I wasn't in a position to wait around for any longer to sell, so when i got the one and only offer from a used car buyer, I pounced at it.
I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it, I'm not out of pocket, and loving my 86, so all good.
ellwa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #7
roberts
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How much fuel is in it
roberts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post