Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Sporting Achievements

I'm sure theres a few of us that like to play a few sports. I am interested to know what your ultimate achievement has been in sport. For example, you play darts, so the ultimate is a 9 dart finish. Or if you go ten pin bowling you have a perfect score of 300 or your a golfer and have had the hole in one. What are your achievements in your sport.

For me, i've lost track of the 180's. Never achieved the ultimate in 9 dart peg. In Golf, i've had a hole in one. Thats it for me. Tried a lot of sports, but darts and golf are the only sports i've actually done something worth remembering.

So what are yours.

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:12 PM   #2
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Got to a Rugby League Semi Final, was winning 20 nil at half-time, so many good memories. Oh, we lost 24-20! :
Old 12-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #3
krt10
eskyman

got 10th in australia for my gokarting. would of got a higher if some dik hadnt spun me out in one of the earlier heats. that was last year
krt10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 12:55 AM   #4
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I was in Year 7 I was in the rugby league team. We played against some other team who were meant to be Year 7 too but cleary about half the team were Year 10. Anyways the final score was 22-20. I thought that was pretty good.

Also I got through to Division 2 in try outs for soccer. This is after comming from rugby league. Played for one year and that was it. Never again that sport is so full of softc0cks it's not funny, plus it was boring.

Im working on an achievement every weekend-That is to beat my mate in pool. Last weekend he was so wasted he could barely stand but still always beat me.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 01:00 AM   #5
XAGSV8
Member 178

Years ago I was in a ten pin team that represented our town. My average was from memory about 165 per game and my highest score was 264. Turkey's for me (if you know what they are) were not uncommon.

Every year at school I was always the one going away to represent the school for swimming, fun runs and sprinting etc.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 01:23 AM   #6
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I played 1 trial game of juniors for west adelaide in the SANFL. Too much training i quit after 2 weeks haha, thats about my best acheivment!!!! (getting picked that is, not quitting lol)
starkersEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 01:42 AM   #7
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

Beat Steve Johnson quite a few years ago in Kart Racing.

I took out the Queensland Championships in my class.

Those were the days....
Old 13-04-2006, 02:01 AM   #8
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

I was picked to play baseball for NSW, 4 weeks before the 1st training session, tore muscles in my shoulder..bye bye..

My brother is the sportsperson now... He plays soccer for Sydney Olympic and hes 15
APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
ToxikXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 02:01 AM   #9
Jokers Wild
ANYWHERE ANYTIME

I was the marbles champ in primary school, ended up having all of the aggy's in my bag, cats eyes, bullies, milkies.

dang they were the days
Jokers Wild is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 02:33 AM   #10
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

ive played alot of different sports the ones that ive done decent in were union, touch, cricket, field events , cross country mountain biking, played with bmx but broke my bmx so i stopped with that, i do alot of inline skating and inline hockey i enjoy the thrill of a challenge and have no fear of hurting myself so that comes in handy(local kamakazi down at the rink so im told lol) i dont like soccer allthough my brothers full high up in it, its to boring for me lol but yer ill pretty much give anything a go, and within ten minutes of that make an a55 of myself in one way or another(y)
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 12:21 AM   #11
Falchoon

I came 1st in the bike leg of work triathlon (15km ride) beating several people literally half my age! :
Ridden push bike from Canberra - Goulburn and return (twice...different days though!), about 220km.
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 01:20 AM   #12
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Played junior tennis for a while for TTG Tennis Club. Wasn't improving and gave up.
Tenpin bowling now. Had a 300 and many games above 270.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 01:32 AM   #13
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

I play Masters (old farts) Squash every week, I won the best and fairest in the club last year and we won the Grand Final a few seasons back. It keeps me fit.

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 02:12 AM   #14
Scott

ACT KarmaSutra Champion 3 years running. Competition was pretty tough last year but before that there were just a few old nuts and the odd knob in the running. I nearly had my Championship Belt taken off me because some c@^t said I cheated, I nearly had to pull out! The whole thing smelt a bit fishy though so I don't think I'll enter again.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 03:10 AM   #15
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH8TR
ACT KarmaSutra Champion 3 years running. Competition was pretty tough last year but before that there were just a few old nuts and the odd knob in the running. I nearly had my Championship Belt taken off me because some c@^t said I cheated, I nearly had to pull out! The whole thing smelt a bit fishy though so I don't think I'll enter again.
Quotable quote!!!!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 07:09 AM   #16
carratt
I Love My T3

I'm an Irish Dancer and have been doing it for about 10 years. I'll be going over to Scotland next year for the World Championships and depending on my results over there I'll audition for some of the dancing shows like Riverdance, Lord of the Dance etc and hopefully spend a couple of years touring with them.
Old 14-04-2006, 08:14 AM   #17
The Monty
Just slidin'

Made it to the top 11 bands out of about 230 odd in the QLD rock awards. Also came in 4th in the National nescafe big break comp, and was in a band that cracked into the top 60 in the American charts, and played with an ex-Tea Party Drumer. Things like that you never forget.
Old 14-04-2006, 08:31 AM   #18
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH8TR

ROFLMAO...................and you came first, i take it? :monkes:
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 08:42 AM   #19
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I'm sure theres a few of us that like to play a few sports. I am interested to know what your ultimate achievement has been in sport. For example, you play darts, so the ultimate is a 9 dart finish. Or if you go ten pin bowling you have a perfect score of 300 or your a golfer and have had the hole in one. What are your achievements in your sport.

For me, i've lost track of the 180's. Never achieved the ultimate in 9 dart peg. In Golf, i've had a hole in one. Thats it for me. Tried a lot of sports, but darts and golf are the only sports i've actually done something worth remembering.

So what are yours.

cool Bucky, i'm another darter. i love the game and the best i've achieved is coming 32nd at the QLD state zone play offs back in '95 with around a 22 average. i've done a nine in practice but unless it's under comp pressure it dosn't mean much.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 12:05 PM   #20
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-0733
ROFLMAO...................and you came first, i take it? :monkes:
No, it kinda worked like a reverse grid race where coming first is pretty good but in reality if you come last you are in a pretty strong posiion for round two!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 12:19 PM   #21
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I played U16 basketball about 10 years ago. Geez was it THAT long ago? lol. My best game was 12 points, 10 rebounds, 5 blocks and 10 or so assists. Thats a Triple-Double! YEAH BABY!

Soccer in year 11 against the year 12s, I scored a goal. 2 if you include the penalties taken to settle the match.

Golf. I had a birdie on a par 3, 98 meter hole.

Poker with mates... Royal Flush!

Thats it for me. Not much. lol

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 12:24 PM   #22
Aeron
DJR Fan

When I was 16 I was in the same Cycling Club as Kate Bates, Gold Medallist, and I beat her (yes, the guys raced with the girls). We also had contact during a race once and I crash out quite heavily. That’s about the extent of my sporting career. I hope to get into motor sport in the next year or so, so that should be good.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 12:30 PM   #23
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Indoor cricket, Highest total per pair. 148 runs off of 6 overs. Thats off of 36 balls. Copped a shltty team, every bowler lobbing half volley's down the pitch ... just kept bashing em' to back-net. Need-less to say ... we won. 310-53.

Golf, nailed a hole in 1, no big feat though as it was on a 93 metre par 3, But still a hole in one regardless.
DDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 02:27 PM   #24
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I come from a very sport family.

Rugby Union - NSW State Champion U/13 1998 playing for Warringah Rats.
. NSW State Champion U/14 1999 playing for Warringah Rats.
. Undefeated 3 years in a row for schoolboy Rugby at Kings 2000, 2001, 2002.
. Scored the match winning try to win the premiership in 2000.

Rowing - State Champion in Quad scull and a coxed 4 in 2002.
. My uncle Ald Duval stroked the VIII that won the Silver medal at the Mexico Olympics.

Shot put - Best shot putter in the grade year 7 and 8.

Cricket - In year 6 set a record for the most amount of stumpings in a season.
. Also had the highest score that year with 105 N.O.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 02:44 PM   #25
kinksta
Luxojet

in year 12, i competed in the powerade games (state athletics), i got a gold and silver for long and triple jump respectively. was then ask to go to america 4 aths, but contrated glandular fever, and that buggered me. but carved up in athletics all thru out my schooling career. also a gun bowler in cricket. handy forward in footy too.
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 03:05 PM   #26
parawolf
beep beep

Made the Under 19 Volleyball Victoria squad at the age of 16. Wasn't able to maintain the training regime when I twisted my knee at a training camp. I haven't been able to jump as high since, but I still play at club level Division A with a rag-tag team of guys which is good fun.
Old 14-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #27
Hawk
I am The Brain!

I haven't made high levels in any sport, however I have managed to play in an amazing Cricket Grand Final - it was only G grade, but still a Grand Final.

We batted first (I am a bowler, so I came in at number 10) and we proceeded to get out for 68...naturally I made a duck. The opposition then batted and were 5/21 at the end of the day. The next morning we got them all out for 62, to which I contributed no overs. This match was played on synthetic, not turf, so to bowl two teams out for that is pretty amazing in itself.

We then batted again and were rolled for 109, this time I made a couple of runs and was the not out batsman. They ended up being 0/20 at the end of the day (off about 25 overs) and we had to come back the next Saturday (Two-day finals, third day used if required). They moved along to 5/90 needing about 25 runs to win when I got my first bowl for the match. I bowl right arm slowish-medium swing bowling. My first over went as follows - Wicket (bowled), Wicket (clean bowled), Dot ball, Wicket (caught at point), Dot ball, Dot ball. Suffice to say I was pretty amazed and so was the team! We ended up getting them out for 95 and won the match. I ended up with figures of 4/3 off 4.2 overs.

Something I doubt I will ever repeat again!

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 08:24 PM   #28
Jeld-Wen Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

'Bout the only thing ive ever done is club age bmx champ when I was 7 or 8. And U/16 champs in soccer. Although that was an awesome win.

Heading into the final game, we played the team that was ahead of us on the ladder by 1 point. We hadnt beaten them before. We fough out a very tough 2-1 win away.
Jeld-Wen Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 08:41 PM   #29
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I made it to State level in squash when I was a teenager, but obviously my sporting prowess has has passed throught my genes cos my son inherited them and is playing footy for Collingwood.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 08:45 PM   #30
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I played in my first cricket grandfinal last month, played over 4 days(sat/sun,sat/sun). We won a low scoring match, we batted first & were bowled out for 118, then overnight they were 1 for 25 & we cleaned them up for 107, second innings we made 179 so we had a lead of 190 & we rolled them for 90.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post