Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
321Go

Default Abandened AU on my property.

Someone has dumped an AU at my bussiness, been over a week now. I have contacted Police, they inspected it, and tried to contact owner with no result. Said they cannot do a thing as it's on private property. Contacted the local council, and got the same, will not touch as it's on private property. They will however, tow it if it is on council property, like the nearby road.

Can someone let me know via PM how I can get in, start and move it onto the road please? I have no interest in stealing it, or damaging it. But will break glass if I'm foced to, . I cannot get my work ute out as it is in the way. I have an old AU key and remote if it will help. Let me reassure, I AM NOT A CAR THIEF! I just want the thing off my property!

Please help! Need to move it asap. And I'm not going to waste my money on towing or anything like that. Just want to get in it and move it.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: Abandened AU on my property.

You need the key that is coded/cut to the car to access it.

I guess the only way to move it is to get a towie to at least drag it (as they are used to retrieving abandoned vehicless) onto council property ... then get he council to remove it.

Call a towing company and see if they will move it for you?
Old 08-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
321Go

Not going to pay $100 minimum towing fees. Plus they also said as I'm not the owner and it's on private property, they won't tow.

Anyway I can use my AU key? Like put it in ignition, leave for 45min for BEM to register key and then start? Have heard of this method but not sure.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Surely some local lads will have nothing better to do....

Although the poor AU needs a hug.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 08-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #5
SLO247
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Open it up, take it out of gear, handbrake off and roll it out.

I can't really say here, but its easy enough to open one up without damage.

No need for keys just to move it...
Old 08-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

If it is causing you greif and the Police have tried to contact the owner with no avail, I would just smash a window and forcefully move it, end of story.
Have the police said if it is a stolen vehicle ?.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Not an XR is it?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 08-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #8
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

does your business have a forklift, or a business close by have one?

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 08-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #9
321Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO247
Open it up, take it out of gear, handbrake off and roll it out.

I can't really say here, but its easy enough to open one up without damage.

No need for keys just to move it...
Problem I see there is, I need to do a U turn to get it onto the road, and as soon as you turn the wheel it will lock?? PM me please if you can't say here. As you can tell, I'm "new to breaking into cars."

Not reported as stolen.
No fork, or one near by.
Only me at the moment and throughout the weekend.

Geez, you guys are ruthless.. Sure it has been a PITA, but it's an AU! I'm a fan of this model and really don't want to kill it. Plus, seems like it belongs to someone with kids (soft toys in the back). Surely there's a way. How do the pro's do it without damaging the car? The only damage I am willing to do is a window and a ignition barrel, both easily repaired.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #10
nstg8a

get a patrol or other big 4wd, hook a tow rope onto it and just flat drag it out onto the road, then call the council to come and get rid of it..

or stick a 'free' sign on it.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #11
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

re contact the police tell them the owner of the car is guilty of tresspass and you need to track the owner to take civil action they may not give you the deatail directly but they will contact the owner for you. also if you can prove your situation I belive the RTA can give you the owners details.
you can also check your right with the chamber magistrate including you right to charge the owner a fee for "storage" of his vehicle.
if you break in and move it without geting legal advice you can be done for break and enter

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 08-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #12
SLO247
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

PM'd.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #13
321Go

Owner has been contacted by Police, all that they would tell me is they contacted the owner by phone = no answer, at home = no one there. Said "move it out of the way yourself, we will not make a fuss", whatever that means.

I know the legal mumbo jumbo, but I'm not particularly worried.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #14
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

If it's that much of a hassle as you say it is, then why bother wasting time on here getting people's idea's if you don't like what your hearing.
You seem to be in a rush to move it as it is hindering you somewhat, if that was the case and you have been told by the Police, just do what ever mean's you have and move the damn thing, I know I would do, if that mean't smashing a window to drag the damn thing out then so be it, not my problem.

The whole topic and the way you are going about people PM'ing you sound's more like your attempting to steal an AU and want the way in.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:33 PM   #15
robbyj
Rob

If you can find the owners address, be it through the police, Vic roads or another way, tow it to the road, send them the bill.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #16
321Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
If it's that much of a hassle as you say it is, then why bother wasting time on here getting people's idea's if you don't like what your hearing.
You seem to be in a rush to move it as it is hindering you somewhat, if that was the case and you have been told by the Police, just do what ever mean's you have and move the damn thing, I know I would do, if that mean't smashing a window to drag the damn thing out then so be it, not my problem.

The whole topic and the way you are going about people PM'ing you sound's more like your attempting to steal an AU and want the way in.
Yeah.. whatever mate . Where did I say I didn't like what I'm hearing ? Got a sense of humour?? The comment about being ruthless was a joke (see smiley if you're have trouble understanding). Smashing and dragging it is not possible as I don't have a vehicle butch enough to pull (only sports/performace cars here), and it's my last resort as I have said.

I don't need a AU, trust me. I have something a little better as my toy, plus a work vehicle, and a family car. The request for PM on a open forum is pretty obvious, if you haven't figured that out yet.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by 321Go; 08-07-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:38 PM   #17
FTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Post a pic up so people can see your predicament. Show its on your property
Old 08-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #18
V8kado
Mondeo Titanium Estate

Trolley Jack under the rear diff!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #19
big_mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jack up the rear end with a trolly jack and push it around that way. The front wheels will only turn to a certain point before the steering lock engages, then you'll be able to move it however you want.

You dont need to break into it to release the handbreak/put it in neutrel to be able to do it like this. Get a couple of blokes to help you push it around to where ever you want it. Problem solved!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #20
Blue Ice
Living the Dream

Some sort of dolly/cradle like they use in some paint shops to move cars around would be ideal. Jack it up, stick one under each corner and move it out of the way.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #21
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

^^ exactly what he said.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #22
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 870-cse
Yeah.. whatever mate . Where did I say I didn't like what I'm hearing ? Got a sense of humour?? The comment about being ruthless was a joke (see smiley if you're have trouble understanding). Smashing and dragging it is not possible as I don't have a vehicle butch enough to pull (only sports/performace cars here), and it's my last resort as I have said.

I don't need a AU, trust me. I have something a little better as my toy, plus a work vehicle, and a family car. The request for PM on a open forum is pretty obvious, if you haven't figured that out yet.
Thanks for your help.
We don't know you from a bar of soap and your on a public forum asking for asistance on just how to break into a certain vehicle and move it, in other word's by-pass the devices that the vehicle has to deter this kind of thing.
Why on earth would anyone tell you that..

You said in your opening post that it need's to go ASAP, it has been over a week aswell ?.
WE have given you some advice on what you can do and you don't seem to like it, all you want is for someone to tell you exactly how to STEAL it, that is what you are asking....
Now wether the situation is real or not, we don't know, How do you really expect us to tell you how to steal a AU ???
Old 08-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #23
321Go

The path to the road is uphill.

So even with trolley jacks (have) or Go-Jacks (have) wouldn't be easy pushing it uphill, not by myself or even 10 blokes.

Looks like I don't have much choice, this car will get butchered in my attempts to move it off my property. Oh well.. I tried.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #24
321Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
We don't know you from a bar of soap and your on a public forum asking for asistance on just how to break into a certain vehicle and move it, in other word's by-pass the devices that the vehicle has to deter this kind of thing.
Why on earth would anyone tell you that..

You said in your opening post that it need's to go ASAP, it has been over a week aswell ?.
WE have given you some advice on what you can do and you don't seem to like it, all you want is for someone to tell you exactly how to STEAL it, that is what you are asking....
Now wether the situation is real or not, we don't know, How do you really expect us to tell you how to steal a AU ???
Again, thanks. If you don't want to help, that's fine. Seems your only solution is to smash and destroy the car if you were in the same situation. Not everyone is like you, and some people do have respect for others property, even if their property is on your property. So again, thanks, you can unsubscribe from this thread now.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #25
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

breaking into an AU is easy-peasy
starting one without a key? fuggeddaboudit.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #26
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 870-cse
Again, thanks. If you don't want to help, that's fine. Seems your only solution is to smash and destroy the car if you were in the same situation. Not everyone is like you, and some people do have respect for others property, even if their property is on your property. So again, thanks, you can unsubscribe from this thread now.
You are totally missing my point, STOP , READ and LISTEN
We don't know you, you are on a public forum asking for advice to by-pass a certain vehicles devices to be stolen.
I am not doub'ting your situation, how would I know if it is real or not, none of us would, but in saying that, why would we also tell a stranger just how to steal a vehicle, can you see my point ?.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #27
321Go

Thanks all, looks like the AU is tough as nails, safe as houses, unbreakable-into!!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #28
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

where abouts in melb are you located, i could use the ute to pull it out if the road has grip and youre not too far away.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #29
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

What model AU is it?

AU1 = Smash a window, drill ignition barrel off the steering column, get another car, full lock on abandoned AU, pull it away...

The tow vechile would need an LSD at least... If you were in Sydney, I'd also bring along my "spare" ignition (completely stripped, so you have to start it with a screwdriver) to start it and move it...

edit: you don't need to undo/break off the ignition lock, just unbolt the top of the steering column from the dash, and then you can move it...
Old 08-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #30
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

Towies use these a bit

Closed Thread