Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-12-2023, 11:59 AM   #1
BlueEA

Default Car too low need advice

Hi all,
Before I go into this I'd just like to wish everyone a safe & Merry Christmas. I hope you enjoy the day with family & friends. If your taking a break/holidays have a great time but please be safe & take care when driving.

I just bought a really nice BF XR6 Falcon in Shockwave Mica it's stunning.
I bought it knowing it was lowered as I like my cars to have a lower stance it looked pretty good but when it was delivered to me yesterday I could see that it was too low. Now as said it looks good but it's not practical for general road use. The problem I have is it's too low it's practically sitting on the bump stops. I measured underneath the car for it's current clearance & it was bang on 100mls but the exhaust pipes are hanging about 5-8mls too low in spots. It has 20's on it but the top of the guard is sitting just above the top of the rim about 15-20mls. Now I know there are springs that are set to height preference but I'm not sure which one I need for the height/stance that I want & be legal.

So here's the question, what size/stage spring would you suggest I get to bring it up to sit just above the tires or have about 12-16cm road clearance or would I be better off getting adjustable coil overs? Your advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.: Maybe someone has a good set of Coil overs they're willing to part with?

Cheers.
Grahame.

Last edited by BlueEA; 23-12-2023 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Missed a couple of things.
BlueEA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2023, 12:00 PM   #2
Brodes
Brodes

Default Re: Car too low need advice

Any photos for a perve?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk