Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
T.M

Default Handling

Been doing a bit of reading on this forum recently and have noticed a bit of talk about aftermarket bits and pieces to make the focus a bit sharper to drive.
I'm currently looking at Eibach pro kit springs and a whiteline rear sway bar, both mods seeming quite popular around here.
Has anyone gone for anything else from whiteline such as the front sway bar or bump steer correction kit?
Any feedback on your handling mods would be much appreciated.

T.M is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
ConradP

Default Re: Handling

I too was looking at a few extra bits from whiteline, looks like it could be a bit of fun, I'm waiting on the eibach prokit from europarts still, the dedlivery time is huge been at least 3 weeks so far so if you're going to get them, get them asap
Old 24-09-2011, 12:47 AM   #3
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just put some RDA slotted rotors & TRW pads on the front of mine.
Made a huge difference for around the $300 mark. Also easy to do yourself.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #4
EUniqe
Starter Motor

I have a 24mm sway bar on the rear, really makes a difference when you push it. An absolute positive reccomendation.

If you're taking the handling seriously, then i reccomend some of these.

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...oducts_id=1174

Their proven to work wonderfully with the eibachs, in fact i'm getting both of those upgrades when the bank allows it. The B6's are a bit more comfortable than the sportier B8's. I care less for comfort so i'd get the B8's. Do not however run the eibachs on stock dampers, as i've heard from others' experience that the dampers will break very quickly as they're not designed to work at the lowered ride height. Get the bilstein dampers and eibach springs at the same time, and you'll have a wonderfully sharp handling thing.