Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 31-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 
Default The second mod - the tint.

From Tint-A-Car, Darkest Legal "Midnight Express" tint, $295, 25 year guarantee. Tint Professor does it for $265 and a lifetime guarantee but I decided to go with Tint-A-Car and spend the extra $30 because of all the good recommendations I've had.

So, from this...

To this...

And this...

The next mods are getting installed on Monday - the DBA slotted rotors, the EBC greenstuff brake pads, Eibach Pro Kit and then a little surprise....

DZ.

DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #2
mohit

Tint looks good DZFord. Got The Tint Professor to tint our LT LX a couple weeks ago for $240 (35% all round).

Rolled the windows down after a few days to find that the finish at the edge of the window line was not very good (refer to attached pics). Took it back today and they said due to the way the window closes up against the window frame at the top corner it's hard to get a perfect line.

They will be redoing it next week but I might drop into Tint-A-Car before and see what they say. If they can do a better job i'll get The Tint Professor to strip the tint and refund the money. Which Tint-A-Car outlet did you use DZFord?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0784 [800x600].JPG (89.9 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0786 [800x600].JPG (69.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0789 [800x600].JPG (65.4 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0790 [800x600].JPG (75.2 KB, 39 views)
mohit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

Looks tight.

I've heard great things about tint-a-car, infact i've heard they're the remnants of solace.
I'll be looking into them when i get the LV xr5.

Nice choice on the brakes too, they will not disappoint. BTW, what is it setting you back to have them installed. I did it myself and i'm just curious to see what sort of bill i dodged in doing so.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #4
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

mohit: I used the Box Hill outlet. It's in the Beaurepairs building. As far as I've seen so far, there are no problems with the edges.

Tj-zetec: I got a few quotes. Midas wanted $300, Auto Brake Service wanted $220 and Ultra Tune weren't intrested. I'm getting mine done for about ~$100 at the Tyre Factory, as it is convenient for them whilst they are fitting the springs.
Old 31-01-2009, 11:53 PM   #5
mohit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZFord

mohit: I used the Box Hill outlet. It's in the Beaurepairs building. As far as I've seen so far, there are no problems with the edges.
Cool i'm just down the road in Doncaster, will go have a chat to them next weekend.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:43 AM   #6
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I've had all my cars window tinted from more or less the day I have had them delivered. Wouldn't do without it. Had an independent guy do mine in '03 for $275.00.

So far the best effect of it is on my current ride, my LR Focus.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Did they tint your wheels as well? :P
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #8
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit

Rolled the windows down after a few days to find that the finish at the edge of the window line was not very good (refer to attached pics). Took it back today and they said due to the way the window closes up against the window frame at the top corner it's hard to get a perfect line.
That's just laziness. Any good tinter will take off the door trim so they can wind the window down slightly to get right to the edge of the window.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
mohit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS

That's just laziness. Any good tinter will take off the door trim so they can wind the window down slightly to get right to the edge of the window.
Exactly what i thought. The guy that i spoke to at The Tint Professor said they used templates for the windows without removing the trim, which explains everything.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #10
skriblz06

DZford: Nice tints mate. What percentage is the Midnight Express tint? I'm thinking of redoing mine. I got mine done at 15% only because the guy that done it for me is a window tinter by trade and done it cheap. It was the only tint film he had when I went over his house. Its way too hard to reverse at night time. I like the darkness of your tints. Not too dark, not too light
skriblz06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 11:47 PM   #11
819_FLY

I think from memory it is 30% tint

Check out 819FLY!!
819_FLY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #12
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From memory it's 35%.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #13
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

Yeh thats the stuff i got too, and yeh im sure its 35% aswell.

looks really good on overcast days

i had 18% on my last car,for $350 i wish i got it on my focus but oh well..
Old 14-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #14
blue_focus

I pretty sure it 35% I got 20% on my car for $300. It just the perfect tint. Not to dark at night but nice and dark during the day.
blue_focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post