Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
dfiesta
Starter Motor

Default 2009 fiesta - recirculate button

I just picked up my new fiesta it's 2009 alot nicer than i expected it to be very sporty well built car.

one question, everytime i start the car the recirculate button for the climate system is deselected is there a way i can make it remember that i pressed it like every other car

dfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nope. That's common to all Fiestas. Our Focus does it too. Annoys the hell out of me.

Oh, welcome to AFF too

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunately no, the climate control option in Europe isn't available here otherwise I'd had got that as well. However, welcome to the Fiesta world, what model did you get? Feel free to post up some pictures of your baby
Old 03-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
dfiesta
Starter Motor

thanks for the answers, thats a pain in the ***, i usually dont notice until im breathing in some toxic fumes of a truck in front of me.

i downgraded from a 2008 V6 outlander. I read great reviews about the fiesta. I got a basic 5 door CL, but it came with alloys coz the dealer couldn't manage to switch them out by the time i picked it up.

Very impressed with the car to be honest.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've gotten into a five point checklist when entering the Fiesta. Seatbelt, turn car on, select USB play from audio, adjust aircon or put windows down and check lights/fuel etc. Give it a month or so and putting recirculate on will come as natural as the left hand indicators!

And for the record, you have have gone down a size but I reckon you've upgraded! The Fiesta is a little ripper, hope your driving experience with it is an enjoyable one.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:03 PM   #6
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nice to see a new face...

im assuming that you have the manual version of the fez as well?
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #7
dfiesta
Starter Motor

yeah had to get the manual of course, little cars like this are great fun in a manual. reminds me of my old bmw 318ti sport in alot of ways.

its a brilliant car can deffinately see why it is number 1 in its class, its far better to drive than even a bigger lancer or corolla.

on a side note, i loved my VR outlander, fantastic car as well i think it was very underrated.

but im loving the fiesta
Old 05-04-2010, 12:21 AM   #8
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Those MIVEC engines are great, the V6 certainly is under rated and with the CVT trans just is magic.

There must be a way that ford can program the recycle function to be default setting? if not shouldn't be too hard to sort out a switch which reverses the action of the physical button on the dash.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #9
Festy
WS Fiesta 5Dr Manual

I'd imagine its done deliberately so the car is not left completely sealed when locked up and left for a while. That's how it was on my old Subaru.
Festy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post