Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-09-2020, 02:29 PM   #1
AussieG62013

Default Rear Window Wiper Delete

Has anyone deleted there rear window wipers on the MD's as I found some UK and all of the US models have them deleted personally since owning mine I have never used it at all apart from the day I picked it up.
AussieG62013 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2020, 05:56 PM   #2
thebigd

Default Re: Rear Window Wiper Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieG62013 View Post
Has anyone deleted there rear window wipers on the MD's as I found some UK and all of the US models have them deleted personally since owning mine I have never used it at all apart from the day I picked it up.
I couldn't live without mine.
Used most mornings when reversing out of the driveway. The car is not under cover, so usually condensation on the rear window in the morning.
If it's raining in start / stop traffic, I have it set to intermittent to allow the clearest view behind me via my rear view mirror.
thebigd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-09-2020, 07:21 PM   #3
AussieG62013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigd View Post
I couldn't live without mine.
Used most mornings when reversing out of the driveway. The car is not under cover, so usually condensation on the rear window in the morning.
If it's raining in start / stop traffic, I have it set to intermittent to allow the clearest view behind me via my rear view mirror.
Personally I don't like it and is an eye sore big massive wipper arm sitting in full view.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:15 PM   #4
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've never actually seen them without it.

US models are sedans, not liftbacks, which is why they don't have it. Mondeo sedans are also available in the UK, which is also why some don't have it. But as far as I'm aware, all liftbacks have rear wipers.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2020, 04:29 PM   #5
AussieG62013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
I've never actually seen them without it.

US models are sedans, not liftbacks, which is why they don't have it. Mondeo sedans are also available in the UK, which is also why some don't have it. But as far as I'm aware, all liftbacks have rear wipers.
Not all liftbacks have it in the none in the US and they also have hatch backs there as well or EU some didn't have them but I have also seen in US and and EU forums were owners have deleted them from the hatch models for being an eyesore and non use the size of the rear window and angle between the hatch and seadans are exactly the same.

I can understand why small hatches have them with there almosr vertical rear glass getting overspray from the rear wheels etc but these mondoes don't suffer this it's been no different then driving a normal sedan.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:50 PM   #6
thebigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
Mondeo sedans are also available in the UK, which is also why some don't have it.
Pretty sure all the Euro Hybrid's are in sedan version.
thebigd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post