Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 24-06-2020, 01:47 PM   #1
AussieG62013

Default MD Mondeo 2015 Mystery Button ???

Hi Guys,

I can not see anywhere in my manual or online what this mystery button does even the car dealer does not know or doesn't give a crap.
Also when selected it does auto shut off have a cretin time. nothing to do with heated steering it remained cold.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/04c43g83lr...81%29.JPG?dl=0

Last edited by AussieG62013; 24-06-2020 at 02:12 PM.
AussieG62013 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2020, 02:11 PM   #2
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: MD Mondeo 2015 Mystery Button ???

Front window heater demister.....and/or right hand mirror demister?

Last edited by aussiblue; 24-06-2020 at 02:33 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2020, 02:55 PM   #3
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Ok more research suggests it might be a windscreen wiper de-icer. Similar to this perhaps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l59GdsRFENQ
Old 24-06-2020, 03:24 PM   #4
DougalXR6

It is definitely the windscreen de-icer. As you have discovered there is no mention of it in the owners handbook and I also had no help from the dealer when I asked the same question when I purchased the car.
If you let your eyes focus on the actual windscreen glass you can see the heating elements clearly. It works very quickly.

Heated steering wheels were not made available on Australian MD Mondeos.

The demister / de-icers in both the external rear vision mirrors are controlled by the rear window demister button.
DougalXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-06-2020, 04:09 PM   #5
AussieG62013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougalXR6 View Post
It is definitely the windscreen de-icer. As you have discovered there is no mention of it in the owners handbook and I also had no help from the dealer when I asked the same question when I purchased the car.
If you let your eyes focus on the actual windscreen glass you can see the heating elements clearly. It works very quickly.

Heated steering wheels were not made available on Australian MD Mondeos.

The demister / de-icers in both the external rear vision mirrors are controlled by the rear window demister button.
Thanks for that I will put that in my manual in the back.
AussieG62013 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: