Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

Old 21-05-2008, 12:18 AM   #1
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Default DECA is Back - Sunday August 17

Greetings,

Thanks to Brute6, we have confirmed this years DECA day..... :

When: Sunday August 17
Where: DECA, Shepparton
Cost: $50

You will require a CAMS or AASA licence for this event. If you bought a AASA licence last year, then it should still be current.
We will be utilising the back track and the skidpan. Those wishing to take part in activities on the back track MUST have a helmet.

Payment is required IN FULL by the August Meeting.

For entry forms, questions, licence forms or any enquiry, contact Brad or 0418 107 056.

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Woo Hoo, I'm keeping the calendar clear for this one.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
XRLightening

Yippee....

This is going to be fun again....

Let me know if you need an extra set of hands for the day....

We just know him as THE MANTIS

-------------

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria
Daily Drive:
2005 GU IV Patrol, 4.8l Petrol, Manual, Steel Bullbar, Towbar, Electronic Brakes and Cargo Barrier.
Toy Drive:
1968 XT Falcon Ute - Dead Stock, Original and ALWAYS Garaged
XRLightening is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

We will be needing probably a dozen or so helpers for the day. From people doing the timing, to helping out at the chicanes on the back track, to helping out with the BBQ, the more helpers the better!!!! Its going to be a similar layout to last year, obviously the circuits on the skidpan will be different!!!
Once the entry form is completed (not long now....) I'll be able to send it out to the names that I already have.
But if any club members want to let me know if they will be playing, that is fine. I'll put your name down and send the entry forms out when they are completed.....

Any questions, fire them this way!!!!!!!

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #5
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Don't forget to get your entry in as the spots are filling.

This is day is being run in conjunction with the dirty rotten dattos, otherwise known as NDSOC. They have plenty of guys lining up to come and play ...... reckon you can beat 'em ?

A bargain at $50 and plenty of fun to be had.

Contact Brute6 for entries.

Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

Old 25-07-2008, 12:21 AM   #6
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

So far peoples, I have 20 names but only 8 confirmed all paid up starters, so get those entries in!!!!

Old 25-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #7
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

And the irony....

I have a NDSOC member whose brother is planning on coming up and competing as well - in his Shelby 427 replica!!! (providing there is no rain!!!!)

Old 31-07-2008, 12:29 AM   #8
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

Just a little update - this year will be better than last year! There are a couple of things in the pipeline that are pretty certain to happen this year, but I won't be confirming them until they are definates, but if they fall into place, its gonna be an awesome day!!!!

Did someone say V8Supercars............?

Did someone say race car demo............?

Time will tell : :

Old 17-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #9
XRLightening

Well just got home about an hour ago (after following Grasshoppr's brother most of the way).

A very special thanks to Brute6, GBG, Motiv8 and all those that helped put on a great day. The weather was cold, but the rain held off (apparently it never rains in Shep) which was the main thing.

I had a great day and am looking forward to seeing some photo's and video footage of a few runs that provided a bit of smoke (not the tobacco variety).

We just know him as THE MANTIS

-------------

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria
Daily Drive:
2005 GU IV Patrol, 4.8l Petrol, Manual, Steel Bullbar, Towbar, Electronic Brakes and Cargo Barrier.
Toy Drive:
1968 XT Falcon Ute - Dead Stock, Original and ALWAYS Garaged
XRLightening is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2008, 11:46 PM   #10
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRLightening
A very special thanks to Brute6, GBG, Motiv8 and all those that helped put on a great day.
Am looking forward to seeing some photo's and video footage of a few runs that provided a bit of smoke (not the tobacco variety).
Thanks Mantis !! I think the day got colder as it went on, but there was no wet stuff which was good for us workers!

Everyone enjoyed the day, and congrats to "Mr EVO IX" Cameron who won the VB challenge shoot out and took out the very high quality trophy... : The blue ovals didn't last too long against the Nissan/Datsuns, and the grand final was between the Evo and a Datto 1600. True the Evo was quicker and looked great doing a 4 wheel drift, but nothing beats the noise of Webbers in song...

The results will be out in a few days so will let you all know. The usual top 5 ALL did a couple of WD's (wrong directions) so they all cop a very slow time to their tally. it will be interesting- bribes are to go to Brute6.

I have had quite a few hearty thanks to us from the nissan guys, and they are ready and waiting for the next one....

Photos? did someone say photos? hehe... am trying to get them on the website now. I have some, but will have plenty more from Mantis and Keith and a few others in the coming days so keep checking back.

A gaggle of entrants

Even had an FG there......

Z32 against Xr8 (at top of pic) in the VB challenge

Free time at the end...

Old 18-08-2008, 12:06 AM   #11
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Winner of VB Challenge;

Runner up

Not bad for a Shmagma.....

Zed with a V6 Chev engine in it.....

Old 18-08-2008, 09:08 AM   #12
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRLightening
A very special thanks to Brute6, GBG, Motiv8 and all those that helped put on a great day. The weather was cold, but the rain held off (apparently it never rains in Shep) which was the main thing.
Thanks Paul and well done to everyone who helped out and competed yesterday and Brute6 for organising the day. It was a great day and everyone seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves. I was kept out on the back track do the timing and seeing some people improving greatly over the four runs that they did. The course was approx 950m long with four chicanes, a hill and an garage to stop in and the best time of the day out there was 46.86sec in a Porsche. I must say that the FG was very consistant in the 4 runs it did with a variation of about 0.6sec. I got the opportunity to have a go as well thanks to Roland.....beat him by nearly two seconds with him in his car.....(not to rub it in @47.52sec) but was severly disadvantaged as it is an automatic :

All in all was a great day, but c'mon boys n girls in the VB challenge were where the Falcons............ Cant wait to see all of the photos on the website - thanks GBG
MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #13
WYKKED
Starter Motor

That was a long cold day but boy was it worth it. Firstly a big thanks to Karen and Sean and all involved in organising the event. The Nissan guys can't wait for the next one, although a couple of them need to get new tyres first. Didn't get too many photos as I was busy driving most of the time but here are a few from me and some of the other Nissan crew.

The view on the way there,

The back track....it doesn't know what is going to hit it....

Beautiful car, sorry to see it going home early.

Mikey's Magna doing what Magnas dont usually do. And doing it well.

Me having a bit of fun on the back track. Would have loved to have done a few more laps back to back to see what times I really could have got from it.

The all conquering evo.

WYKKED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #14
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Hey there!!!

Glad you guys all enjoyed it! Had Sandeep not WD'ed the Atom course I think he would have been in contention for outright winner......

We should have NDSOC pics on their website before the end of the week too.....Mr editor took over 400!

Old 18-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #15
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like a good day...

I did a DECA day with ECCA back at the start of august....Luckly, I took another set of tyres up with me hahah

Whoops...

Just a question, you say you had to have a Helmet on the backtrack...we had no such restrictions?

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2008, 06:30 PM   #16
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

We decided helmet was required, plus permit structures have changed with hiring of the venue and receiving event permit through both AASA and CAMS.

here's the eski that had the axle snap.........

I took a few more on Mantis' camera so once i get a CD from him will add them to the website.

Old 19-08-2008, 11:59 PM   #17
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go baby Go
We decided helmet was required, plus permit structures have changed with hiring of the venue and receiving event permit through both AASA and CAMS.

here's the eski that had the axle snap.........

I took a few more on Mantis' camera so once i get a CD from him will add them to the website.

We didn't have CAMS/AASA licence required either...

Maybe because you were timing it?

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #18
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew`SEVNT5
We didn't have CAMS/AASA licence required either...

Maybe because you were timing it?
We prefer to run our days in this format as it is a requirement and it is what we have always done for the past 5 years with no complaints. We also use this as a 'taster' for members and the families to club motorsport events as well as having a bit of fun at the same time even if it is Wife vs Husband or what ever it may be..........

I cant imagine not timing any of the courses that we use at DECA otherwise it would make it a very boring event!!!
MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2008, 12:43 PM   #19
sandeep_z32
Starter Motor

hey guys, sandeep from aus300zx.com here. was nice to meet some of you on sunday, was a great day. the weather held up nicely to, was expecting it to rain. thanks to all the organisers for putting in their time/effort.

this was my 3rd deca event, the first 2 I did were with SAU VIC. I think this deca was my favourite though, i really liked the courses as they suited my lower powered car better than the tracks we do on the SAU days. On the SAU deca events, we use the whole skidpan in the morning session which means the big power gtr's and gtst's kill my NA Z32, but the tracks we did on sunday were nice and small, mainly first gear and alot of handbrake turns which was good. i'm abit annoyed that i managed to mess up the atom twice but that's life, it gives me more motivation to come back next time and not screw up i liked the vb challenge at the end, some close battles there.
looking forward to the results. if you guys are organising another joint event with ndsoc next year, i will definately come back and i'd say that there will be alot more 300zx's coming up. maybe it would be better if it was just after summer so that the spectators and officials don't freeze ;) hoping to get some better tyres before my next event.

here is our deca review thread, lots of pictures: http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278969

Last edited by sandeep_z32; 20-08-2008 at 12:50 PM.
sandeep_z32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #20
ryanlok15
Starter Motor

ey guys i used to be a member long time ago and seems my account is still here...anyways was nice to meet a few of you guys, especially the guy with the yellow fpv 5.4L (sorry i cant remember your name)...was great versing you guys in the vb challenge and was awesome seeing how alot of you powered your way through the courses...results are out and dont knwo if you guys have them or not but its in our thread (the link from sandeep)...cheers

Ryan
ryanlok15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #21
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Hey Ryan,

No worries - as you would have worked out now I'm on here too !!!

Guys, Brad will be emailing them out to you all but i have whacked the results here for the Zed boys....... here

Old 21-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #22
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

Now that I've had a chance to get on here, from my side of things, I'd just like to thank everyone who came to the event (competing and non competing!), and also to all those that helped out on the day - from helping with timing, to helping out at the chicanes, preparing and cooking on the barby, to getting the paperwork and scrutineering done - THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! Days like this need helpers, otherwise they can't really be run properly.
MOTIV8 and GBG a special thanks to you too!! :

I've received some very positive feedback, and its great to hear what others think!

I'm sending out the results as I speak (no bribes were received!!!), so everyone can see how they went on the day.

I had an absolute ball on the day, even though I didn't have a run, I had a ball organising it for everyone else to enjoy!!

Cheers!!!

Old 22-08-2008, 11:41 PM   #23
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Hi Kids,

Apologies for those who thought they had looked through pics on the website only to discover they had disappeared.... just checking you are on the ball!

All pics are up there that i have - there's literally a hundred or so, so go to the website for a look-see