Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

Old 28-05-2007, 10:52 PM   #31
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute6
Did GRNKPR get a little excited on his way home???

nah took it easy but a wheel yes a wheel decided to exit stage left and came to a halt running on the drum,a little dent in the quauter ,had t chase the wheel down the road and a little bruised ego >i pulled up at the set of lght s on lower plenty road and para road ,a couple of young guys at the lights looking and yelled out the window thats the sickest thing they have seen being driven on the street as the said this the car got real SICK and dropped a wheel off

Outcome i should ve tightened them after the track day at calder (lack of maintenance always bites you on the asssss!!!!!!! Pit crew went there either so i had to get under the car PRICELESS for Chris ****sing self

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 12:12 AM   #32
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

I can think of a million lines here.... and here i was thinking my roll baby roll was going to get the gags for a while...........

You win....

I'm with Chris - that would have been priceless - I wouldn'tve known whether to laugh more at the wheel heading down the road or you chasing it .......

I can see the next Mastercard ad now.....

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #33
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

Well here it goes then......

MASTERCARD
Full set of race tyres - $1200
Set of Wheel Nuts - $40
New Wheel Brace - $15
Not doing the wheel nuts up........PRICELESS

Sorry GRNKPR had to be done, when I read your first post about this I thought nah the wheel didnt come off did it.....yep. You have now joined an elite club where a few Beers n Laughs can be had about the one that got away....... at least there was no major damage caused and you were able to 'limp' home. You'll have to fix this before you go away or may miss out on the 6 Hour!!
MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2007, 06:35 PM   #34
GRNKPR

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTIV8
Well here it goes then......

MASTERCARD
Full set of race tyres - $1200
Set of Wheel Nuts - $40
New Wheel Brace - $15
Not doing the wheel nuts up........PRICELESS

Sorry GRNKPR had to be done, when I read your first post about this I thought nah the wheel didnt come off did it.....yep. You have now joined an elite club where a few Beers n Laughs can be had about the one that got away....... at least there was no major damage caused and you were able to 'limp' home. You'll have to fix this before you go away or may miss out on the 6 Hour!!

no rang Chris on the bat phone he arrived with wheel nuts a wheel brace and a stockie put it on and drove it on the trailer towed it home all done in about an hour ,I love runs close to home

6 hour the beast will have some new braking supplies arrive and some new wheel studs as well as a whole set of wheel nuts ,im splashing out and it will be having its neck rung in anger F##KIN OATH ILL BE READY

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 29-05-2007, 11:53 PM   #35
Seagull
The Guy on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
...car wanted to drive on 3 wheels and exited and passed me down lower plenty road there my friends starts a long arvo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh dear!!!!!! Reminds me of a certain rip to Bathurst when the trailer wheel decided to overtake a certain car . Lucky Craig Lowndes wasn't driving near you on the day. Might have collected the wheel for you GRNKPR. Seems you need something to remind you to tighten up your nuts !!!!

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ten years on and still going strong.......
Seagull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 12:34 AM   #36
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
the car wanted to drive on 3 wheels.......
Does that mean your new nickname is Bean ? Didn't Mr bean have one of those 3 wheelers - a Messerschmitt?

Geez... and the caption for the 2nd Bean movie was "disaster has a passport" - maybe you should be called that in more ways than one .....

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 01:56 AM   #37
1600GT

firstly, thanks to all who came along.
was good to see a few different things that we dont normally see.
just a shame that we didnt have as many people come along as we thought there'd be...
my little ute didnt know what had hit it, seeing as it was its first time out since Feb 06.
now that its on the road again, i have to try and use it more, but when the GT is finished, i guess it'll get used less and less again... :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go baby Go
Didn't Mr bean have one of those 3 wheelers - a Messerschmitt?
was actually a Reliant Robin.
would u believe they had a full-on 1 make race series for those things in pommyland some years ago!!

ohh, and philbie, WHEELY bad luck there i guess... but WHEELY good that all is OK, and that a WHEELY fun time can still be had at the island in Sept...
1600GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 02:02 AM   #38
GRNKPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go baby Go
Does that mean your new nickname is Bean ? Didn't Mr bean have one of those 3 wheelers - a Messerschmitt?

Geez... and the caption for the 2nd Bean movie was "disaster has a passport" - maybe you should be called that in more ways than one .....

yes i have a passport and im about to use it ,look out EUROPE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!