Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-03-2006, 04:21 PM   #1
szeps
Only Tools and Corpses

Default Remote Control Question

Hi all.
Just a quick question about the remote on a AUII Forte - one press on the lock button obviously locks doors, but when i press it twice, the blinkers flash again and the car emits a short quiet toot of the horn.
What does the second press do?

Thanks guys!

Tim.

szeps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
My AU

The second press tells you that you've pressed the button one too many times
It means the doors have already been locked I think.
My AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #3
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by My AU
That's correct!

The car is saying, "hey I'm locked already!" LOL!

Bye the way, you can set the remote to open all the doors or just the driver's door. Just hold the lock and unlock buttons together for about 5 or so seconds, the lights will flash to let you know that you've changed it!

Give it a go if you like. If you already know this, just ignore me! LOL!

Cheers,

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 04:40 PM   #4
My AU

GK thankyou so much for that. I'm going to do that as soon as Mrs. My AU brings it home. Love this forum!
My AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 06:06 PM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
GK thankyou so much for that. I'm going to do that as soon as Mrs. My AU brings it home. Love this forum!
Same!

GK
Old 25-03-2006, 06:09 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

The 2 stage unlocking only works on AUII onwards witht he Smartshield technology and the 4 Button remote, wont work on AUI with smartlock and 2 button remote.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #7
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Don't forget to do it with both remotes as you can set 1 remote to dual stage unlocking, and the other to single stage unlocking.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 02:55 AM   #8
szeps
Only Tools and Corpses

Quote:
Thanks mate.
I thought it may have had an alarm fitted, and that this was arming it, but the manual said nothing about any alarms - only the immobiliser...
So cheers for the reply
szeps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 08:48 AM   #9
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennAUII
Don't forget to do it with both remotes as you can set 1 remote to dual stage unlocking, and the other to single stage unlocking.
Or you can leave your wife's remote so that only she can get in from her door when the car is opened. It's a car jacking safety thing I assume. Depends on how she uses the car I suppose.

I set my remote to open all doors because I'm always loading and unloading things from the rear seat!

GK
Old 26-03-2006, 08:55 AM   #10
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
The 2 stage unlocking only works on AUII onwards witht he Smartshield technology and the 4 Button remote, wont work on AUI with smartlock and 2 button remote.
True, my Series one unlocks all at once, only my Series 2 lets me choose.

Actually some Series 1 can as they got the Smartshield upgrade sometime. I think it was May or June 99.

I'll see if I can find out. I asked about this last year as a guy around the corner has the same wagon (99 Series 1 Futura) as me but had a blinking light (ala Smartshield) on the dash. I asked and got an answer, again on the forum! LOL!

*Checking past threads on forum*

Found it!

This was found by LG in July 05

Smartshield

'Smartshield' is an enhanced version of the Smartlock vehicle immobilisation system it replaces. The most significant upgrade to the system is the addition of a transponder to the ignition key. The transponder 'talks' to the vehicle's electrical system when the ignition is switched on, the management system will not start the car unless the correct signal is received. The signal is an encrypted rolling code that cannot be duplicated.

With the introduction of Smartshield, and a warning notice on the side glass, the NRMA security rating on the vehicle increases to 85.

Smartshield will be standard on all Falcon passenger and light commercial vehicles from June 7th."

Enjoy!

GK