Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 11:15 PM   #61
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Shane so i take it you had no luck fighting the mail order fines?
But i can see Peter's side of the story.

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED

Back in a Ford XR. MA XR5 Mondeo

Old 02-02-2005, 11:17 PM   #62
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKFD6
Shane so i take it you had no luck fighting the mail order fines?
But i can see Peter's side of the story.
I havent heard a word about the mail order mines for about 5 months now, they know I'm fighting them in court so I hope they just give up on them.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:24 PM   #63
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

the people united will never be defeated.... unless the alien overlords return.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 02-02-2005, 11:25 PM   #64
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
the people united will never be defeated.... unless the alien overlords return.
and if it gives me a ticket I'll fight that too.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:26 PM   #65
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Dont like your luck Shane
The ignore it and hope it goes away attitude never works.

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED

Back in a Ford XR. MA XR5 Mondeo

Old 02-02-2005, 11:27 PM   #66
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

i prefer it when you earthlings resist :P

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 02-02-2005, 11:28 PM   #67
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKFD6
Dont like your luck Shane
The ignore it and hope it goes away attitude never works.
nothing I can do about it now. I'm not paying and they have been notified I will fight it. Up to them to start the legal action now...cause I sure as hell wont be reminding them :nutsycuck

Old 02-02-2005, 11:54 PM   #68
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by our_blue_xr6
What happened to the good old days when 60ks meant 70ks and 80 meant 90.
If I ever get a ticket for doin 62 in a 60 I will tell him/her to go ****em selves in no uncertain terms . atleast that way i'd be gettin a ticket for actually doin somethin wrong
Funny think is the Victorian rules are not legal under Australian Standards. And its all documented in federal law the same stuff that makes inch rulers illegal. :
Old 03-02-2005, 01:50 AM   #69
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Just to clear up some facts here.

if you dont have the balls to challenge the fine then pay it off straight away, dont pay it off on a payment plan.

I got stooged into paying off a $500+ fine on a pay plan. The catch is, it has to go to Perin Court before you can begin a payment plan which means you incur nearly double the amount in "late fees" which in effect is INTEREST! On a goddamn parking fine!

Do the community a favour and let the government work for it. Dont pay your "stealth taxes", I havent seen any documentation to explain why things like parking fines were increased or why undercover speed cameras are beneficial to road safety (nothing legitimate at least).

And for all of the "do-gooders" among us please dont drag everyone else down with the "You Do The Crime, You Pay The Fine" government rhetoric. If doing 61kmh in a 60kmh zone makes me a criminal then i accept im a criminal, but ill fight that charge till the end.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:38 AM   #70
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRGirl
Theres the problem.. blokes don't respond to nagging :nutsycuck
Hi Laurel, good to see you understand the male species.. :
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRGirl
I wish this thread was posted last month, I was unaware you could pay in installments.. would've been a lot nicer when you got 2 of them to pay. _ :newangel:
Soon as you get the infringement send a letter to the address on your fine, tell them you have some financial problems and you want the maximum time to pay the fine.
They will send you a letter back saying, we will give you a extension on your fine must be paid within 3 months..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW

Last edited by SpoolMan; 03-02-2005 at 02:48 AM.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:26 AM   #71
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Interesting thread.... sometimes i feel good about being single, lol.

But anyways... gotta poke some fun at the resident anarchists ;)

Quote:
Do the community a favour and let the government work for it. Dont pay your "stealth taxes", I havent seen any documentation to explain why things like parking fines were increased or why undercover speed cameras are beneficial to road safety (nothing legitimate at least).
Yeah, do the community a favour and make the government waste more money chasing up a few bucks, so then they can increase your fines.... and then waste more money because you refuse to pay them....

Good plan :
Old 03-02-2005, 11:37 AM   #72
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
Yeah, do the community a favour and make the government waste more money chasing up a few bucks, so then they can increase your fines.... and then waste more money because you refuse to pay them....

Good plan :
Right, so refusing to comply to extortion by a government is wrong? I say giving in and just accepting they can do whatever they like, when ever they like, to whom ever they like and not making a fuss is wrong.

Screw them, its wrong, they know it, the majority of the population know it so why make it easy for them. I would love for it to cost them money to chase fines, mabey then they will learn its not a cheap revenue stream for them to use.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:02 PM   #73
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

I feel for both of you Mrs and Mr Casper... it sux when you have no spare cash and you get demand notices.

I say :jab: them.

I have this issue with the EA. We don't quite know what speed we are doing! The speedo's out, but we're not sure by how much... so we're just waiting for the fines.

I also hate driving in Sydney - try Parramatta road out for size! - there are so many signs around that after a while you just ignore the lot of them. It is difficult to see the speed camera signs amongst all the other signs that who knows, a fine might be on it's way as I type.

61 in a 60 zone is friggin ridiculous.

Try this: hubby was in Dubbo on business and the company hired a car for him. At the time it was a brand new AU, and he loved it. Made it do all kinds of things (donuts in reverse etc). Flying along a road at 140kph in a 100 zone, he got done.

He didn't realise how fast he was actually going. He was waiting for the shaking and whinging that happened in his 85 XF when he neared 100kph

We filled out the credit card details on the fine but attached a letter of explanation. We got away with not paying the fine but still having the points taken off

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:06 PM   #74
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Right, so refusing to comply to extortion by a government is wrong? I say giving in and just accepting they can do whatever they like, when ever they like, to whom ever they like and not making a fuss is wrong.

Screw them, its wrong, they know it, the majority of the population know it so why make it easy for them. I would love for it to cost them money to chase fines, mabey then they will learn its not a cheap revenue stream for them to use.
You go hard Casper, I am sure your act of defiance is going to change things .. All it is going to change in the long run is your bank balance and credit rating...Obviously your wife isn't too happy with your anarchistic approach to paying infringement notices or this thread wouldn't be here. For harmonies sake just pay them and forget about it.

Right or wrong they were elected democratically and do you think a change of government will undo the law??

Old 03-02-2005, 12:09 PM   #75
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
You go hard Casper, I am sure your act of defiance is going to change things .. All it is going to change in the long run is your bank balance and credit rating...Obviously your wife isn't too happy with your anarchistic approach to paying infringement notices or this thread wouldn't be here. For harmonies sake just pay them and forget about it.

Right or wrong they were elected democratically and do you think a change of government will undo the law??
Well, its my money so I'll cop that. I'll also cop the home stuff. As for making a difference, no, 1 person cant, but if I dont do it I'm not even trying. They may be elected democratically but I'm betting the majority dont vote for increased stealth tax and revenue raising. They have broken every promise they ever made at the election. Basically they are in by fraud and deception.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:13 PM   #76
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I'm with you there mate - im not suggesting we shouldnt be vigilant, inquisitive citizens.

But let's take the example of parking fines... you parked somewhere you shouldnt have.... you got fined for it. Why would you fight something so petty to the "bitter end" ?

I guess im a member of the "if you got caught, pay the fine and get over it" camp.... but hey, if you got a good reason not to pay up then bloody oath - dig your heels in... but "i dont want to" is not a good reason....

We all know the rules.... why such a fuss when we get stung for infringing them? If you disagree with the rules then catch a damn bus... driving on our roads is not a right. You want to play the game, but you dont want to play by the rules? i.e. want to have your cake and eat it too.

I'm not saying let them do what they want, when they want to whom they want... im saying if you know the rules, and get caught infringing them... pay up, learn a lesson from it and move on. If you did nothing wrong, then you wouldnt be fined for anything, yeah? This isnt unreasonable is it?

Quote:
Hey, it doesnt bother me.... my state's revenue comes from a different pool of motorists so im not affected by your attitude (lol, that and our parking fines are less than 15 bucks...). Tell ya what tho... i'd be ****ed if people did have this attitude as it sounds like you are blatantly trying to waste the government's money... which your fellow motorists end up flipping the bill for. I put this in the same boat as dole bludging and insurance scams.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:19 PM   #77
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
Hey, it doesnt bother me.... my state's revenue comes from a different pool of motorists so im not affected by your attitude (lol, that and our parking fines are less than 15 bucks...). Tell ya what tho... i'd be ****ed if people did have this attitude as it sounds like you are blatantly trying to waste the government's money... which your fellow motorists end up flipping the bill for. I put this in the same boat as dole bludging and insurance scams.
Yeah, I am making it hard for them but I hardly consider it wasting tax payers money, the government do that just fine by themselves.

$100,000 to renovate an office....then repaint it again cause they dont like the colour. Sounds like they are doing just fine wasting money to me.

As for done bludging, I see it different. I pay more tax than I can count and the Government get plenty out of me. Maybe if the fuel tax, road tax and fines went towards the roads and traffic works I'd probably be fine with it. Of course when it goes to the pollies super funds (which are far bigger than ours are) and other assorted scams I get my back up.

Anyhow, this is all off topic now. I will deal with the fines as I see fit. My money, my issue, my solutions.

Closed Thread