Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 28-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
ZacharyW
Starter Motor

Question Engine Air Filter/Cleaner

Hi everyone

I'm an American living in WA and own a 2009 Mondeo Zetec MB Wagon. I've just recently had my 15k servicing performed, and was informed that changing the air filter isn't part of that service, so I went to AutoPro and bought one.

I pop the bonnet and go looking around and can see where the air intake is, but the section that could contain the filter/cleaner is much too small for the filter/cleaner in the box from AutoPro (this part was referenced in a "master filter catalog" in the AutoPro store for my car year and type).

So I break out the Ford manual, which says the air filter/cleaner "needs no maintenance." I find it incredibly hard to believe as dry and dusty as it is here that Ford have designed an air filter/cleaner that lasts the life of the car without ever needing maintenance. I come from a dry, dusty part of the U.S., and I changed my air filter about every 7500k and it was filthy.

Am I overlooking something here? Can anyone please advise? Thanks!

Cheers

Zac

ZacharyW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Re: Engine Air Filter/Cleaner

Welcome Zac.

Did you take the old filter out and have a look at it? That might give you an idea what you need. I'd bet you could get part off EBay out of the UK.

Ford are hopeless. I'd be changing my filter if I lived in a dusty area like you. These are European cars and are sold I. Other dusty locales in Europe so maybe have a look at Talkford.com and see what the guys there say.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
ZacharyW
Starter Motor

Default Re: Engine Air Filter/Cleaner

Hey Dusty1

I'll take the box apart and peek inside. I can't imagine why the catalog and AutoPro (using a computer to look up parts numbers based on make/model/date of manufacture) would come up with something so obviously wrong. Oh well!
ZacharyW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post