Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-12-2005, 12:29 AM   #1
indi
Starter Motor

Default Any girls interested in drifting please read

Initial Drift Australia is holding a drift training session at the Eastern Creek Skid Pan on Sunday, 11 December 2005. This is an ideal day for anyone who is interested in trying a drift event for the first time. Being on a wet skid pan it isn't necessary to have a particularly well set up car, all you really need is anything rear wheel drive in order to give it a go, I still wish I had've taken my XD out and given it a thrash before it moved on to greener pastures.

I will be attending and I am trying to get as many other women to participate as possible.

I am also starting up Drift Chicks Australia to promote, train and support women in drifting. Soon I will be organizing training nights for women who are interested in drifting and motorsport in general and those who want to learn about their cars but don't have much mechanical or racing experience. So it would be a great opportunity to get together and talk about what sort of training nights I may be able to organise in the future.

If you or anyone you know might be interested please contact me via email driftpromotions@hotmail.com.

indi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 12:26 PM   #2
indi
Starter Motor

Initial Drift has now opened registration for the event click here for details

If you're a girl who is interested in getting into drifting but cant get out to Eastern Creek on Sunday to meet me then feel free to send me an email if there is anyway that I can help you or if you have any questions about getting started. I want to try and help as many girls get out on the track as I can.
Old 06-12-2005, 12:30 PM   #3
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Welcome to the forums, some questions for you

Cost?
Your Experience?
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 01:15 PM   #4
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"PRICE: $170 - PLACES LIMITED TO 25 DRIVERS.

Yes, it's a more expensive day than usual, but we're limiting entries to give the drivers who come a better chance at practicing, and the Eastern Creek skidpan is an expensive (but really, really good) facility."

Taken from the link above....
Old 06-12-2005, 01:17 PM   #5
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shame its not in Victoria :(
Who's going to shout me to sydney for a holiday and drift session????
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 01:28 PM   #6
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

What about guys who drive like girls?? : Can I apply? :hihi:

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 06:28 PM   #7
indi
Starter Motor

I'm not involved in running the event I'm just trying to get some more girls to give it a go so if you are looking for more information your best bet is to click on the link above ask the guys from Initial Drift.

The event is open to guys and girls. So far 3 girls have signed up and paid and another 3 have said they will.

The training nights I want to organise in the future are aimed at helping women to learn about their cars and about racing but any guys who don't know much about their cars or about racing and want to learn will be welcome too.