Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 13-08-2006, 07:39 PM   #61
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
Damn sounds like you guys had a ball! Was almost going to go but elephant and wheelbarrow was calling me :P I'll definately be going to the next night cruise, for one it's a hell of a lot cheaper ;)
Hehe ditto. No wonder I have no money to blow on my hack.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #62
Bluemist

LMAO... the blind leading the blind
Bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 07:45 PM   #63
dveus 1
93' 5 Litre LTD

LMA0 ~ At least its good practicew for someone like me who doesnt know that many roads around the suburbs.Gotta get me one of those GPS gadgets like Fantz has got for my LTD

1993 5 Litre LTD.Stock motor.tinted windows,sunroof,pioneer P7550 7" DVD head deck + 2x7" headrest monitors,pioneer 260w rear,110w front,Kicker ES 1000w subby run by audioline 4channel 800w boot.Duel Fuel. Catback 2.5" exhaust.Hornet Alarm,Pimped Out LED's,Sits on King Lows & 17" ROH RT's.
A WORK IN PROGRESS HEHE :eclipsee_

Daily Ride: 1989 Telstar TX5 TURBO
dveus 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 07:57 PM   #64
niko
likes falcon's

guys melways is cheaper :P
Old 13-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #65
dveus 1
93' 5 Litre LTD

LOL...hmm guess your right.Not as impressive....but cheaper.And I need all the spare cash I can get my hands on at the moment lol.

1993 5 Litre LTD.Stock motor.tinted windows,sunroof,pioneer P7550 7" DVD head deck + 2x7" headrest monitors,pioneer 260w rear,110w front,Kicker ES 1000w subby run by audioline 4channel 800w boot.Duel Fuel. Catback 2.5" exhaust.Hornet Alarm,Pimped Out LED's,Sits on King Lows & 17" ROH RT's.

Old 13-08-2006, 08:34 PM   #66
jrfttf
Getting By!?

GPS are the go! They can backfire on ya though! Last nite was a good example! Mine took me for a small detour around the block then inot the last meet! LOL!

Earlier in the cruise 3 cars had to dive in front of me cause the first of 3 cars was in the wrong lane! Looked like a gps was on board in the first car!
jrfttf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #67
-jjM-
Banned

this cruise was really easy for directions thow, it was all highway driving, my brother who dosent know his streets very well and his mate didnt even get lost, and didnt have map or melways and sometimes was left behind from everyone

but there are some people from out of town so ill go easy on you, ethir way, i do my best to make maps understandable, easy to follow and easy to get to meet to meet
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 09:06 PM   #68
dveus 1
93' 5 Litre LTD

Well i hope this works.Trying to attach a photo of my other car.5lt 93' LTD.The one I didnt bring to the cruise.
Thats my NA Fairlane in the background :sm_headba

Old 13-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #69
dveus 1
93' 5 Litre LTD

mate the maps were fine...Im just relatively new to most of the roads.That and I gave my map to bluemist and got left at the lights LMAO

Old 13-08-2006, 09:14 PM   #70
Pouki
Crusin

hey it was my first cruise and i enjoyed it cant wait to see some pics from the night i left a bit early went to a party but yeh the maps were good great work to everyone who organised this cruise i got a bit lost dont usually go over the other side of town but the map helped a lot cheers guys
Pouki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 09:15 PM   #71
EFFalcon
Last warning

also i'm sorry i didnt get around to talk to everyone, i was flat out at the start with the maps and stickers, then fairly busy from there.
wasnt enough time!
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 09:16 PM   #72
-jjM-
Banned

talk about cruise whore....making the new maps as we post lol should be posted in the events section near this week
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 09:16 PM   #73
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ahh im spewing if i knew you's were going to cambelfield as one of the stops i wouldov come pass. Its like a 3 min drive from where i live.......damit
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 09:29 PM   #74
dveus 1
93' 5 Litre LTD

No worries John..hope to talk more at the next meet.Will wait anxiously for word of the new batch of stickers....cheers,,,Andy

Old 13-08-2006, 09:36 PM   #75
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

joe the maps were fine, in all honesty i was just really tired, i'd been driving around all day to get the new seats, and a few other bits for the car. been from thomastown to bayswater to doncaster to thomastown to ringwood, back to thomastown, then to chadstone for the meet ;p So when i left altona i wasn't really all there at first.

But for those of you who didn't have a map, or are unsure of the areas for the next cruise, i'm going to pre-program all the waypoints into the gps, so there's no issue of aimless driving The gps i've got is pretty good too.. used to have a mio digiwalker which was quite nice, but this one is a garmin. It's really very easy to use in comparison, and ultra-quick at picking up satellites and re-calculating routes if you miss a turn. I'd recommend it to anyone chasing a reliable unit. link here for anyone interested.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 09:42 PM   #76
dveus 1
93' 5 Litre LTD

hey Fantz..whats the price of your unit?Is it one that can be installed on the dash?
Also...Im following you next cruise HAHAHA!
Ok..i'll get another map and hang onto it this time

Old 13-08-2006, 09:47 PM   #77
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dveus1fairlane
hey Fantz..whats the price of your unit?Is it one that can be installed on the dash?
Also...Im following you next cruise HAHAHA!
Ok..i'll get another map and hang onto it this time
this pic shows where i've got it.. but most units will come with some form of dash/window mounting. This one you can have on the windshield, or use the 'dashboard disc' to stick it to the dash. But if you can tell me a spot on an EL ghia dash to stick it, you're doing better than me.

EDIT: as for price.. it was around $900 but i'm sure it will be cheaper soon.. they always get cheaper. Smaller units are available from around $550

Old 13-08-2006, 09:52 PM   #78
dveus 1
93' 5 Litre LTD

Yep..thats cool..only place i can think of putting it in the fairlane...and then in the LTD when i get it on the road.Seen alot of them mounted in that position.my mate has one ...works well there..cheers dude.

Old 13-08-2006, 09:57 PM   #79
Kenster

Hey Guys,
Thanks for orgainsing the cruise even thou it was my first time with all the you guys i had fun met a few mates and damm i sat in fantz fairmont ghia that some nice seat and car for sure.

I was pretty blonde of me getting lost right where you guys park at vermont. Thanks to NClane for staying behinde so i could follow you guys in my stock EA.
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 10:01 PM   #80
dveus 1
93' 5 Litre LTD

Hi Kenter...we chatted online just before we both left to fuel and cash up....hope to meet you at the next cruise,,,Andy

Old 13-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #81
Kenster

hey dveus1fairlane
hahah i know where about in melbourne are you from?? if you are close than im sure we could arrange a small cruise to some place and have a few chat
Old 13-08-2006, 10:05 PM   #82
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenter
Hey Guys,
Thanks for orgainsing the cruise even thou it was my first time with all the you guys i had fun met a few mates and damm i sat in fantz fairmont ghia that some nice seat and car for sure.

I was pretty blonde of me getting lost right where you guys park at vermont. Thanks to NClane for staying behinde so i could follow you guys in my stock EA.
good to meet you too mate, and there's nothing wrong with a stock car - when i was younger (15,16) my dad nearly bought a 5 speed EA S.. was a great car.
Old 13-08-2006, 10:07 PM   #83
Kenster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
good to meet you too mate, and there's nothing wrong with a stock car - when i was younger (15,16) my dad nearly bought a 5 speed EA S.. was a great car.
yeah damm i so want your car, im not sure if you were behinde me or something i think i manage to stay in the middle of the pack throughtout the cruise until right to the end hahaha
Old 13-08-2006, 10:08 PM   #84
dveus 1
93' 5 Litre LTD

Im in East st kilda...right near the notorious Chapel st.As u know it was my first cruise after joining the club.Think im gonna be a...as Jim put it...a cruise whore LMAO.
Also..I sent an email to the administrator on Johns advice.I will soon be known on her as just dveus 1.....due to the fact they are my plates and eventually I will sell the fairlane and get my 5lt LTD on the road..but it will be awhile yet :(

Old 13-08-2006, 10:09 PM   #85
dveus 1
93' 5 Litre LTD

Also.........i cant stay out too late during the week due to work(ugh)...eraly starts but would be all for hooking up and going for a cruise and a chat over anything automotive..cheers mate

Old 13-08-2006, 10:09 PM   #86
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenter
yeah damm i so want your car, im not sure if you were behinde me or something i think i manage to stay in the middle of the pack throughtout the cruise until right to the end hahaha
not sure, didn't see you though. I was mainly in a pack of fairmont ghia's from chadstone to altona.. think it was stevo and blackout.. didn't see you after altona either.. but i left later that most from both locations.
Old 13-08-2006, 10:10 PM   #87
dveus 1
93' 5 Litre LTD

:the_finge wow...they change my ID already ..that was quick...MUHAHAHAHAHA !!!

Old 13-08-2006, 10:10 PM   #88
Kenster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dveus 1
Im in East st kilda...right near the notorious Chapel st.As u know it was my first cruise after joining the club.Think im gonna be a...as Jim put it...a cruise whore LMAO.
Also..I sent an email to the administrator on Johns advice.I will soon be known on her as just dveus 1.....due to the fact they are my plates and eventually I will sell the fairlane and get my 5lt LTD on the road..but it will be awhile yet :(
hahaha man that not far i live in mulgrave i was in chapel street today with a best friend of mine going to vic uni open day to get freebies lol

How long you got until you get off your Plates?? im sure i got time to go and help you out in getting the car on the road and ready for you, i have a few mate who are in the automotive industry and im sort of mechanic myself
Old 13-08-2006, 10:14 PM   #89
Kenster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
not sure, didn't see you though. I was mainly in a pack of fairmont ghia's from chadstone to altona.. think it was stevo and blackout.. didn't see you after altona either.. but i left later that most from both locations.
ah im not sure which part of the pack is that cause i went off with most of the earlier cars i had an xr following while i was follow a burndeny fairlane all the way .

so pretty much you must of been of in the middle as well or up in front since you go to the campelfield stop pretty quick
Old 13-08-2006, 10:20 PM   #90
dveus 1
93' 5 Litre LTD

i posted a couple of pics on this post...its reg and I must admit..I drive it down the local shops to keep battery good and lube the motor.I got ages to go.dont wanna think about it LOL...but it gives me time to spend all my hard earned on it....heres a couple more pics
Kenter..thats my stock NA Fairlane in the background