Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-08-2022, 12:42 PM   #4621
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
2 weeks in The Kimberley including 3 days at tropical Broome, 32 degrees,then home to 14, cold and rain.
Clothes drying in front of the heater and tumble dryer.
Can truly relate!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-08-2022, 06:20 PM   #4622
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You have to love plastic storage containers. Once they've fallen onto the road - or the supermarket car park like today - and get run over and over they break up into multiple, multiple pieces, progressively smaller and smaller.
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2022, 02:54 PM   #4623
roKWiz
Cabover nut

$ydney for 4 days next week.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2022, 10:29 PM   #4624
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Have dropped and broken two inspection lights this past week, and kerbed alloys on two cars. Represents a lot of cash outgoing for slow progress.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2022, 07:29 AM   #4625
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
I put a leave notification in at work a few weeks ago, I have now been asked to justify how the company can survive without me..

I have been acting in other people's roles for 5 months this year without anyone filling my position, which means I get to do higher stress roles as well as some parts of my role and that suits the company just fine. But when I want a holiday suddenly it could be a problem.

I spoke to my union rep before I jumped through the company's hoops. If the request for annual leave is declined I will push further with the union.. trying to take a holiday shouldn't be stressful.

I am the lowest paid in my section by a fair margin and somehow I need to explain how the organisation will continue without me - the award states 'organisation' not my section... there are 3500 employees, I don't think I will be missed for a few weeks. If they can't live without me I need to be paid way more than I am.

Leave was approved late last week so I don't have to worry about that now.

I think I should come into the company as a consultant to point out some simple ways we waste money. Like needing three levels of management to approve leave for someone on the lowest rung of the ladder..

now for the part I hate, waiting another 2.5 months until I get my holiday
Old 22-08-2022, 10:14 AM   #4626
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
Leave was approved late last week so I don't have to worry about that now.

I think I should come into the company as a consultant to point out some simple ways we waste money. Like needing three levels of management to approve leave for someone on the lowest rung of the ladder..

now for the part I hate, waiting another 2.5 months until I get my holiday
Good result.
Start planning what to do on your holiday, will give you something to look forward to.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2022, 09:54 PM   #4627
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

people who bleat on FB about someones cat dead on the road but couldnt pick it up...
I had my kids with me
Was on my way to work
etc etc
One stupid bleating annie was going on about a brown & white cat dead on the road, all the wimpers carry on
I had great pleasure in advising the muppets it was a bloody wide rabbit, I had hit coming home late.
Old 26-08-2022, 10:42 PM   #4628
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I calculated that I'm due for a pay rise on 29/9 but my current duties ends on 30/9

What's worse I will still be doing the same **** whether they extend it or not but my options are opening up and failing that I can flat out resign and be good for a year or two due to not ****ing up my pay. The bonus is it will **** them hard
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2022, 06:40 PM   #4629
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I mean, where do I even start with this?

What am I supposed to say about a 3" sticker?
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2022, 06:45 PM   #4630
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I mean, where do I even start with this?

What am I supposed to say about a 3" sticker?
You could say "What the hell am I doing spending money on a sticker?"
Old 27-08-2022, 06:47 PM   #4631
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
You could say "What the hell am I doing spending money on a sticker?"
Ha ha ha, funny! You must be new here?
Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2022, 06:48 PM   #4632
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Ha ha ha, funny! You must be new here?
Sorry I should have said "spending money on a single sticker"
Old 27-08-2022, 06:52 PM   #4633
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Sorry I should have said "spending money on a single sticker"
Again, you must be new here? I bought 4 of them!

Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2022, 07:32 PM   #4634
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
…What am I supposed to say about a 3" sticker?
That you’re stuck for words? :p

A while back I griped about people too lazy for delivering local mail that ended up in their box by mistake.

After a council phone call to ask if I’d changed my mailing address, it was determined that the neighbours have been putting my mail back in the post-box when they’ve received it in error. When my letterbox is only fifteen metres away! Fair dinkum!

My solution has been a $48 investment in signposting their flaming letterbox so I can pay my bills on time.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2022, 07:44 PM   #4635
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
That you’re stuck for words? :p

A while back I griped about people too lazy for delivering local mail that ended up in their box by mistake.

After a council phone call to ask if I’d changed my mailing address, it was determined that the neighbours have been putting my mail back in the post-box when they’ve received it in error. When my letterbox is only fifteen metres away! Fair dinkum!

My solution has been a $48 investment in signposting their flaming letterbox so I can pay my bills on time.
Some people really lack logical thinking skills, almost as amusing as it is frustrating.
Mustang GT

Old 27-08-2022, 07:57 PM   #4636
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Today was one of "those" days at work.

Dealing with the general public is a varied situation, and sometimes, there is a definite pattern to the sort of people who walk through the doors.

Each and every customer today was hard work. No simple requests, very little in the way of intelligence from some and a variety of others who overcomplicated each and every situation. Then there were those who flat out expected discounts for the simple fact that they were spending some money. Not to mention a lady who offended my colleague, who is recovering from cancer treatment, by pointing out that she was wearing a wig. Or someone who couldn't tell the difference between two varieties of plant despite one having yellow flowers and the other having red. Or maybe the well-known doctor who wanted his purchase sprayed with water for no reason I could think of. Throw in a variety of rude comments throughout the day, and you can guess that I was glad to go home and hide at the end of the day, I swear it's going to be a full moon tonight!

And the good news? I get to go and do it all again tomorrow.
Mustang GT

9 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2022, 08:46 PM   #4637
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

retirement is good, so is working in a country town
Old 27-08-2022, 11:39 PM   #4638
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Dealing with the general public is a varied situation, and sometimes, there is a definite pattern to the sort of people who walk through the doors.

Each and every customer today was hard work. No simple requests, very little in the way of intelligence from some and a variety of others who overcomplicated each and every situation. Then there were those who flat out expected discounts for the simple fact that they were spending some money. Not to mention a lady who offended my colleague, who is recovering from cancer treatment, by pointing out that she was wearing a wig. Or someone who couldn't tell the difference between two varieties of plant despite one having yellow flowers and the other having red. Or maybe the well-known doctor who wanted his purchase sprayed with water for no reason I could think of. Throw in a variety of rude comments throughout the day, and you can guess that I was glad to go home and hide at the end of the day, I swear it's going to be a full moon tonight!

That was painful to read so I can imagine how you are feeling after dealing with it.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2022, 03:49 PM   #4639
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Sounds like you are in "sales", I suggest you find another career for your sanity.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2022, 06:42 PM   #4640
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
That was painful to read so I can imagine how you are feeling after dealing with it.
Exhausted! Today was much better, but being an introvert, I'm ready for some alone time!
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2022, 06:42 PM   #4641
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Sounds like you are in "sales", I suggest you find another career for your sanity.
Bingo!

I'm only there for the plants, the people tire me.
Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2022, 09:01 PM   #4642
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

It’s stories like these that tell me getting out of sales was the right thing to do. Some days I ride a mower like forest gump with my tunes and not a another person to be found;)

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 28-08-2022, 09:20 PM   #4643
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
It’s stories like these that tell me getting out of sales was the right thing to do. Some days I ride a mower like forest gump with my tunes and not a another person to be found;)
I kind of love it if I have something to do down the back behind the scenes and out of customer view.

The ones that peeve me off are generally unrealistic in what they are asking for, unrealistic in what they think I can deliver or just downright rude. If I take the time to give you information and buying suggestions while guiding you every step of the way, don't answer your phone mid conversation, don't be outright dick in pointing out that Bunnings are cheaper, don't expect to be able to just snap your fingers and have exactly what you want right then and there when these are living plants subject to a variety of influences. And don't make me stand there while you speak to your wife/husband/friend in another language that I can't understand, or perhaps refrain from having a domestic argument until you get back home, or the car at the very least. And another thing, older gentleman in particular, don't argue with me about how something will fit in your car; I do this all day long and have done so for 18 years, I know what works and what doesn't, if say it's best laid down or positioned a certain way it's because I know what is best for the plant.

Having said all of this, I do have some lovely regular customers that make the whole thing worthwhile. These are the sort who know be by name and enjoy the whole buying process, respect my knowledge and respect the asking price reflects the quality of product and quality of service.
Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2022, 09:45 PM   #4644
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

aint that the truth the gumpies are mostly few and far between, and 90% are good honest beautiful people but hell those grumpies can sure mess up your day.
Old 28-08-2022, 10:08 PM   #4645
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
I kind of love it if I have something to do down the back behind the scenes and out of customer view.

The ones that peeve me off are generally unrealistic in what they are asking for, unrealistic in what they think I can deliver or just downright rude. If I take the time to give you information and buying suggestions while guiding you every step of the way, don't answer your phone mid conversation, don't be outright dick in pointing out that Bunnings are cheaper, don't expect to be able to just snap your fingers and have exactly what you want right then and there when these are living plants subject to a variety of influences. And don't make me stand there while you speak to your wife/husband/friend in another language that I can't understand, or perhaps refrain from having a domestic argument until you get back home, or the car at the very least. And another thing, older gentleman in particular, don't argue with me about how something will fit in your car; I do this all day long and have done so for 18 years, I know what works and what doesn't, if say it's best laid down or positioned a certain way it's because I know what is best for the plant.

Having said all of this, I do have some lovely regular customers that make the whole thing worthwhile. These are the sort who know be by name and enjoy the whole buying process, respect my knowledge and respect the asking price reflects the quality of product and quality of service.
You know the old saying does not matter where you work there is always someone who going to give you the ****s.
I tend to switch off.

That's life.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2022, 10:09 PM   #4646
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
aint that the truth the gumpies are mostly few and far between, and 90% are good honest beautiful people but hell those grumpies can sure mess up your day.
When I was working with the public I found the first couple of customers for the day set the mood.If they were good I found the annoying ones weren’t as bad compared to if the first couple were annoying
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2022, 10:16 PM   #4647
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when I first started work it was the corner grocery store and we did deliveries from 7.30AM as a lust ful lil teenager the mumsies were always a joy to visit.
Old 29-08-2022, 11:15 PM   #4648
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Fleabay: Just because a transaction involves multiple communications between buyer and seller, does not make it a problem. The only problem was persistent and unnecessary messages from Fleabay asking if I needed help with my purchase. Then they followed up with something like “how could we help you better next time?” - I had run out of patience by then.
6 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2022, 09:04 AM   #4649
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I clicked on send and it only went to postimage....not happy
Old 31-08-2022, 01:06 AM   #4650
.:4:.
Kicking back

Hmmmm, had to replace the bog roll. Went to the pack of poo tickets, grabbed one. The cardboard former came out but not the roll of tickets. Never had that happen. A roll of 3 ply with no former.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post