Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-05-2022, 08:48 PM   #4501
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Had to replace a hollow core door today for a client, great! A quick 3 hr job easy! Bought the first door, in transit in the back of my van a hole got punched in it when it moved. Bought a second door, fart arsed around with it, planed it to size, fit hinges, attach handles, then the wind blows it over punching the handle through the middle. Onto my third door, I’ll have to go back tommoz to finish it and off. If this doesn’t work out I will burn the place down :/

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 24-05-2022, 08:59 PM   #4502
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I can relate to that, pressure is on and Murphy won’t leave you alone.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2022, 07:00 PM   #4503
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Inconsiderate, lazy people parking across the footpath, nil regard for the mobility impaired. Makes my blood boil.
This user likes this post:
Old 26-05-2022, 07:08 PM   #4504
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Inconsiderate, lazy people parking across the footpath, nil regard for the mobility impaired. Makes my blood boil.

hmmm .... i trimmed the next door neighbours bushes around their letterbox. so the postie/kids on bikes could get past .... & deliver their/our mail safely!. we also have people blocking our driveway ..... they have been told don't block it.....
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-05-2022, 07:14 PM   #4505
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I consider it part of the “social contract” for suburbia. Allow the footpath or its allocated area to be used as intended; prune or edge as required to keep it user-friendly.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-05-2022, 07:43 PM   #4506
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

in a previous life we had neighbours friends blocking our driveway, they were asked numerous times over several months to park elsewhere.
Dad finally had a guts full, went back to work, grabbed the F250 breakdown truck, hooked up the car and dragged it in gear and handbrake on, into the park across the road.
never had them bother us again and the neighbours were very nice from then on.
Old 26-05-2022, 07:55 PM   #4507
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
in a previous life we had neighbours friends blocking our driveway, they were asked numerous times over several months to park elsewhere.
Dad finally had a guts full, went back to work, grabbed the F250 breakdown truck, hooked up the car and dragged it in gear and handbrake on, into the park across the road.
Brilliant response!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2022, 08:19 PM   #4508
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
This is exactly why we choose not to have neighbours, had all that and more in a previous house. Don't no how people can live in suburbia, we have done it and are glad we don't anymore.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2022, 05:47 AM   #4509
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ray Liotta has turned the toes up. RIP
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2022, 05:43 PM   #4510
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Hacking a garden to pieces that took me more than a decade to create so as to compile with stupid, idiotic pool regulations.

I understand that a tree or large shrub sitting close to a pool fence could pose a risk, but having to clear soft vegetation away from a that fence is just stupid, most plants simply crush under the weight of a human body.

As usual, these rules have probably been made up by someone sitting in an office pretending to know what they are doing. Meanwhile, I have just ruined what took me a long time to create.

And to cap it all off, I got stung on the forehead by a bee removing a branch overhanging the owners bee hive.
Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2022, 05:58 PM   #4511
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Hacking a garden to pieces that took me more than a decade to create so as to compile with stupid, idiotic pool regulations.

I understand that a tree or large shrub sitting close to a pool fence could pose a risk, but having to clear soft vegetation away from a that fence is just stupid, most plants simply crush under the weight of a human body.

As usual, these rules have probably been made up by someone sitting in an office pretending to know what they are doing. Meanwhile, I have just ruined what took me a long time to create.

And to cap it all off, I got stung on the forehead by a bee removing a branch overhanging the owners bee hive.
Pool surround laws. I couldn't build a battered stone wall (vertical's fine) at the base of a pool due to a councils fear that someone might scale it.
Yet across the other side of their driveway lay 2 dams.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2022, 06:03 PM   #4512
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Pool surround laws. I couldn't build a battered stone wall (vertical's fine) at the base of a pool due to a councils fear that someone might scale it.
Yet across the other side of their driveway lay 2 dams.
I live in an area with miles and miles of channels and dams, a child is more likely to fall and drown in those than a residential pool. Simply catering to the lowest level of stupidity.
Mustang GT

Old 29-05-2022, 06:13 PM   #4513
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I live in an area with miles and miles of channels and dams, a child is more likely to fall and drown in those than a residential pool. Simply catering to the lowest level of stupidity.
I house I grew up in in Sydney with a pool has a 7ft paling fence all the way around it for the last 40 something years. The same fence has the rails on the inside on 3 sides with a high brick wall and wooden gates at the side. Recently my mother was forced to install a pool fence because the council were worried someone could climb over the paling one to get to the pool.

Seems like a lot of trouble to go to for a swim IMO.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2022, 06:36 PM   #4514
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When my kids were young the day the council speced pool fence went up all my kids went over it and not through the gate.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-05-2022, 06:32 PM   #4515
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate had same silly issues with his pool.
I remember him having to sort this one - 2 nearby posts were deemed too close together, a child could climb up between the two posts Spiderman-style and then get over, somehow.
When it was only one post, that was OK.
An extra pane of glass between the 2 posts and it was signed off.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-05-2022, 07:20 PM   #4516
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about having a spa pool with locking lid (locked) and nazi pool inspector shows up and insists on us draining it till it gets fenced. Spa shop has to give details out to council when selling.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-05-2022, 08:27 PM   #4517
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kids with Spiderman moves are also likely to be skilled locksmiths
4 users like this post:
Old 30-05-2022, 08:31 PM   #4518
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Speaks in council:
My clipboard say you are doing your job wrong.

2019 LDV G10
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 31-05-2022, 09:33 AM   #4519
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Cake proof screen saves Mona Lisa!

Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-05-2022, 08:01 PM   #4520
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I prefer this one

Old 31-05-2022, 10:39 PM   #4521
.:4:.
Kicking back

I was out this evening with my kid and my mum.
Afterwards my son texts me saying grandma was embarrasing. My respose was simple, atleast shes your grandma, she is my mum....
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 31-05-2022, 11:19 PM   #4522
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi View Post
I consider it part of the “social contract” for suburbia. Allow the footpath or its allocated area to be used as intended; prune or edge as required to keep it user-friendly.
Another “social contract” item in my book, if you get mail in your letterbox that’s misdelivered but local, you deposit or deliver it to the correct address promptly. Even if you think the addressee is a dirtbag.

Have just received today a stash of mail from someone else’s house where erroneously delivered, it’s mine. Bills, statements, newsletter, all unopened and mouldy. Fifty metres away, at most. That’s shamefully lazy.
5 users like this post:
Old 01-06-2022, 10:34 PM   #4523
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Visited my disabled 59 year old brother today for a coffee date.
I was checking his room in the so called care house.
He had cotton sheets and one blanket on his bed, yet right there in his wardrobe was a spare blanket and 2 sets of flannel sheets. Bastards.
So I remade his bed and fired off some emails when I got home.
He feels the cold terribly and the last 3 nights have been 5 degree minimums. He can't communicate very well and wouldn't have the capacity to think to get the extra blanket.
Man was I angry, but have to be moderate in feelings or language to the staff for fear of him being not cared for properly.
6 users like this post:
Old 01-06-2022, 10:57 PM   #4524
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

That’s terrible; I feel for you all.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2022, 11:16 AM   #4525
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Typical story from a care facility.
FIL just passed away...spent so many days in the last 2 years living in a bubble because staff wouldnt assist with his hearing aids. He had dementia and wouldnt realise, staff didnt care and every time he had a visitor he was found in a dodgy state, so off to the office again to report the situation.
They never did get it right
3 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2022, 02:35 PM   #4526
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Note to self:

When replenishing the sugar-bowl, one adds sugar. Not water.

#dementia #wherearemymarbles
4 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2022, 04:44 PM   #4527
.:4:.
Kicking back

So righto, i pulled into the servo this arvo. This servo has an entry an an exit. So i pulled in the entry as you do, seen a free bowser and got completely snaked. Some old fart pulled in the exit driveway and stole my bowser. So i waited and kind of had a laugh. He came in much faster then whats reasonable for a pedestrian area. The pump was on the wrong side to his filler and he overshot so had to adjust where he was parked. So i waited for a normal person to fill up and transact and got my pump, filled up etc. In line at the cashier, i was behind the old fart and he had 3 cards decline, so more annoying.
Only good part was the entry was blocked when that bloke wanted to leave out the entry not the exit.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2022, 08:30 PM   #4528
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All the phishing scams on FB market place, every day I report 3 at minimum, it’s always the same, a $70k car listed for $10k with a stock photo, vacation mode switched on, email only listed in one of the pics. When you check the poster, they have the same ad listed in multiple locations around the country. FB should be on top of this.

2019 LDV G10
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 07-06-2022, 08:36 PM   #4529
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Absolutely. Their lack of real commitment to integrity is just another reason I refuse to tango with them on any level. Not even WhatsApp.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:38 PM   #4530
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
All the phishing scams on FB market place, every day I report 3 at minimum, it’s always the same, a $70k car listed for $10k with a stock photo, vacation mode switched on, email only listed in one of the pics. When you check the poster, they have the same ad listed in multiple locations around the country. FB should be on top of this.
There was one on Facebook here earlier tonight.2017 Jayco Silverline ($60-70,000 van) “selling” for mother in law $9350.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post