Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-04-2022, 10:56 AM   #4441
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

“Battery health: 79%”
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2022, 04:57 PM   #4442
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A woman waiting at a pedestrian crossing in the local shopping strip today ... two cars went past. I guess it's optional to stop. I'd love to be a cop sometimes.
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-04-2022, 05:19 PM   #4443
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Was nearly rear ended some idiot in a jacked up Hilux today while waiting at a red light to turn left.

He then turned left with me and proceeded to tail gate me, then did the usual frantic ducking in and out of the lanes attempting to get ahead. This sort of behavior is both amusing and frustrating to view. He would have made better progress just staying in his lane and going with the flow of the traffic.

He ended tailgating me again up until the last set of traffic lights. By this stage I was over it, so made sure to shift extra smoothly and slowly.

This d..k bag might feel really tuff in his jacked up LoLux with massive steel bull bar, but guess what fella, you can only flirt with death for so long with driving "skills" like that. Moron.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2022, 02:34 PM   #4444
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

When you go to use the butter and find someone previous to you has found that they had too much butter for their piece of toast and scraped the excess back into the butter container....with the myriad of toast crumbs along with it.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2022, 03:26 PM   #4445
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

It’s better than finding cat or dog slaver on the butter.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2022, 04:42 PM   #4446
marty351
Shenanigans..............

When mum cooked sausages or chops , she would drain the excess fat info a cup to be thrown out.
But this one time, we came home and noticed tongue marks halfway deep into the fat and a very ill kitty leaving numerous deposits on the carpet.

Geez, my dad hated that!
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2022, 05:05 PM   #4447
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

My mother would eat it on bread!
This user likes this post:
Old 27-04-2022, 06:08 PM   #4448
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Last night I went out in the drizzle to jump start for my hort mate. I’d warned him about the battery dying months ago. I found the best value replacement, told him where to buy it and thought job jobbed.

So… What did he do? Answers on a postcard, please.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2022, 09:00 AM   #4449
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Place I'm working on at the moment. The owner tells me he left the Bobcat out for me to use.
Get there in the morning, filck the the key to give the 20 sec pre-heat the SOB but no the pre-heat is enough to flatten the battery.
Spend the next half hour trying to get the rear engine cover off to get to the battery for a jump.
Got the job done manually without the need for it afterall.

Had a 24V truck once that did the same thing, geeze I hate that set up this time of year.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2022, 09:06 AM   #4450
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
When you go to use the butter and find someone previous to you has found that they had too much butter for their piece of toast and scraped the excess back into the butter container....with the myriad of toast crumbs along with it.
Commercially. One of the reasons I'm told why they don't butter your toast in so many cafes these days. The arguments I've had just to get buttered toast.
I love soggy unbuttered toast sitting under the eggs with a packet of butter next to it !

5 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2022, 10:16 AM   #4451
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I love soggy unbuttered toast sitting under the eggs with a packet of butter next to it !
Nooo that's just wrong, the butter insulates the toast from soggyness and provides a flavour layer...
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2022, 10:22 AM   #4452
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Toilet paper malfunction two days in a row. Think the wife picked up some, well it was cheap paper. Toilet paper production another thing shifted off shore what could go wrong, same as petrol and diesel.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2022, 11:28 AM   #4453
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A few key buttons on the DVD remote stopped working last night.
I figured it was gunge in there stopping the contacts so opened it up and gave it a good clean out. Tested the buttons, all good, time to re-assemble.
For the life of me I could not get the pieces back together. Its all very simple which made it more and more frustrating. The one "tricky" bit was placing the 4-way toggle button in place and clicking it all back together but every time I did, this round button would jam and so I would have to start over.
So after 7 or 8 attempts and the swearing ramping up, the missus decided to have a look.
I was more "F**k this" and went online and bought a replacement. 30 seconds, maybe 40 seconds later, she yells out "I've got it working".

I had been putting that button in upside down for the last hour....
Anybody need a Panasonic remote?
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2022, 12:14 AM   #4454
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tonight the remote works perfectly...its got the WD40 smell though
3 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2022, 02:04 PM   #4455
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some deadhead, dropkick idiot walks in the local park and drops his plastic lolly wrappers time after time after time. I don't understand: you walk there because it's a nice place but you spoil it every time you go there.
3 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2022, 04:03 PM   #4456
.:4:.
Kicking back

Last frday arvo the manager from my old job calls me. Now we are good mates, and were good mates when i worked for that company. So its not unusual for him to call on a friday arvo to catch up on the social level. It wasnt a social call to begin with, he was stressing out about an email sent to him from a site that is no longer a customer about a job i did 4 years ago. Now granted, i dont remember the specifics, but it the email sounded like i was a dodgey bastard. Now after asking me mate to look up my service report. It was apples. Thats the reason i used to be descriptive of the works i did. It made perfect sense, under instruction from building management (the old company, the building has since been sold) xyz, thats your answer. So he put that info in an email and called me back for the social chat. He knows i have no inclination to get back on the tools, but joked about how spastic the current guys on the tools are and said they should employ me as a consultant. And it is retarded.
Now, due to heavy staff turnover at that place, i only know 5 people who still are there since i left and only answer tge phone to 3 of them. 1st is a bloke who finished his apprenticeship under me 5 years ago. He doesnt call me to ask how to do his job. He only calls when he has been looking at something for hours but wants a second opinion. Usually a fresh set of ears, or if he sexts me a picture, a fresh set of eyes, usually its staring him in the face, but frustration at times blinds you. Yep, we've all been there. My last apprentice. I answer the phone to him. He is a fresh tradesman. Really smart an clued on. I never answer his questions directly, I'll point him in the general direction, but being a fresh tradesman he has to learn how to work it out himself. You learn more in your 1st year out of an apprenticeship then the 4 years being an apprentice.
I also answer the phone to my old manager. When its not a social call, its because clients are blowing up about incompetent staff. So that, well, the persons he blows up i dont know, so those staffers, he says ill call you back, 30 second call, i say its this that or the other. He calls the person on site, tells them, takes all the credit, and reminds them that its not his job to tell them how to do theirs.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2022, 12:46 AM   #4457
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Commercially. One of the reasons I'm told why they don't butter your toast in so many cafes these days. The arguments I've had just to get buttered toast.
My local supermarket has a cafe in it that makes cheap breakfast. They put the butter packet on top of the hot bacon, so by the time you open it, it is liquid. Ive told them not to do it several times but they take no notice.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 02-05-2022, 08:41 AM   #4458
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
My local supermarket has a cafe in it that makes cheap breakfast. They put the butter packet on top of the hot bacon, so by the time you open it, it is liquid. Ive told them not to do it several times but they take no notice.
Obviously they don't work for tips.

Maybe this should be in the "feel good" thread but I actually had buttered toast with scrambled eggs on Saturday and didn't have to ask.
Thank you Bertsy and co.

Old 07-05-2022, 11:12 PM   #4459
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Went to the stupidmarket specifically for one thing; coffee.

Get to the store, start grabbing a few items then remembered I was there for something..., scratching my head and pacing the asiles to trigger my memory, for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was.

Anyway, get home and see the coffee mug by the kettle.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2022, 03:16 PM   #4460
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Roundabout near home ... as I drive thru it I see some screws on the road ... I go back a bit later on my pushie to pick them up and when I thought I had them all I kept seeing more. Better check my tyres. I hope the di*kheads who drop them get more than their share of punctures but they probably don't.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2022, 03:24 PM   #4461
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another thing: Southern Road in Heidelberg has a median strip that must be 7 or 8 metres wide. Idiot at the front of a line of cars is going to turn right when the lights go green but stops with his ute into the median strip space and his trailer still in front of the cars behind him. It takes forever for him to see that he can get his whole ute and trailer into the median strip division space ...
Old 11-05-2022, 08:10 PM   #4462
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Deceitful companies!

Bought a set of 12v ST3301 Pro 4.6" Stedi brand work lights to hang on the Pioneer platform on the back of my Ranger from one of their local retailers.
On their website it clearly stated that they came with a slide bracket and stainless steel side brackets included.

Got them home and opened them up, no side brackets, so I screen shotted the passage on their website that mentioned them being included and sent Stedi an email enquiring about the missing brackets.

https://i.postimg.cc/ZKNp0GPz/Screen...g-Internet.jpg

Got an email back today...

07/05/22
Q: Hi, I just bought 2 of your 4.6" work lights, on your website, under the heading 'key technical breakdown' it says slide mounts and stainless steel side mounts included however in the boxes there are no stainless steel side mounts.
11/05/22
A: Hi Steve, The ST3301 Pro 4.6" lights come with the sliding bottom bracket. The side brackets can be ordered seperately - stedi.com.au/side-brackets-for-led-light-bars-brushed-stainless-59mm-profile.html

Clicked on the link for the lights included with the email and they've since changed the wording from 'included' to 'sold separately'.

https://i.postimg.cc/9MqNxWwF/Screen...g-Internet.jpg

They want another $20 for the brackets per light so i fired back an email suggesting fraud and misrepresentation under consumer law, will see what they say.
BENT_8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2022, 08:18 PM   #4463
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Deceitful companies!

Bought a set of 12v ST3301 Pro 4.6" Stedi brand work lights to hang on the Pioneer platform on the back of my Ranger from one of their local retailers.
On their website it clearly stated that they came with a slide bracket and stainless steel side brackets included.

Got them home and opened them up, no side brackets, so I screen shotted the passage on their website that mentioned them being included and sent Stedi an email enquiring about the missing brackets.

https://i.postimg.cc/ZKNp0GPz/Screen...g-Internet.jpg

Got an email back today...

07/05/22
Q: Hi, I just bought 2 of your 4.6" work lights, on your website, under the heading 'key technical breakdown' it says slide mounts and stainless steel side mounts included however in the boxes there are no stainless steel side mounts.
11/05/22
A: Hi Steve, The ST3301 Pro 4.6" lights come with the sliding bottom bracket. The side brackets can be ordered seperately - stedi.com.au/side-brackets-for-led-light-bars-brushed-stainless-59mm-profile.html

Clicked on the link for the lights included with the email and they've since changed the wording from 'included' to 'sold separately'.

https://i.postimg.cc/9MqNxWwF/Screen...g-Internet.jpg

They want another $20 for the brackets per light so i fired back an email suggesting fraud and misrepresentation under consumer law, will see what they say.
Did you send them the original screenshot as well?
Old 11-05-2022, 08:20 PM   #4464
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Did you send them the original screenshot as well?
I have now Gaso, will be interesting to see how they respond.
The fact that they've changed the wording suggests they are aware, they're just hoping to avoid the responsibility.
BENT_8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2022, 09:43 PM   #4465
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

60 in a 50 zone....
Just over $500 puts that at ~50 bucks a kmh over.
On a main road too, but that section is a bit of a shopping hotspot, I should have remembered, but goddamnit
Old 12-05-2022, 02:43 PM   #4466
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ouch.
Old 12-05-2022, 02:49 PM   #4467
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
60 in a 50 zone....
Just over $500 puts that at ~50 bucks a kmh over.
On a main road too, but that section is a bit of a shopping hotspot, I should have remembered, but goddamnit
Wow, how many demerits?
I got done by a camera in 2017 6ks over and that was 1 point and $118. I didnt dispute it. It was 5:28am and i was probably asleep at the wheel.
Old 12-05-2022, 04:50 PM   #4468
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Wow, how many demerits?
I got done by a camera in 2017 6ks over and that was 1 point and $118. I didnt dispute it. It was 5:28am and i was probably asleep at the wheel.

Expiation Notice states "Demerit Points and License Disqualification may apply" in RED.
Too hard to have it printed under the breakdown of the $506 so had to go online to find out....looks like 10-19kmh over is 3 points.

60 in a 50 - that's not even speeding. If you're gonna fine me at least wait til I'm doing something worthy
2 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2022, 05:01 PM   #4469
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Expiation Notice states "Demerit Points and License Disqualification may apply" in RED.
Too hard to have it printed under the breakdown of the $506 so had to go online to find out....looks like 10-19kmh over is 3 points.

60 in a 50 - that's not even speeding. If you're gonna fine me at least wait til I'm doing something worthy
10ks over, dunno where you live, but in sydney thats the golden rule, except where static cameras are or when mobile cameras are noticed.
$500, thats nuts for 0-10.
Old 12-05-2022, 05:06 PM   #4470
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
10ks over, dunno where you live, but in sydney thats the golden rule, except where static cameras are or when mobile cameras are noticed.
$500, thats nuts for 0-10.
In NSW it's $280 plus 3 points.....unless you go to court, then it can be up to $2200 max