Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-04-2022, 07:29 PM   #4411
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
ah the joy of living on the road to one of the best beaches Auckland area can provide.
Too true Tonz but I prefer Anawhata beach its magic out there plus bugger all people and you can't drive/have 4wd beach access there unless you in the very small loop....[url=https://postimg.cc/T5cpFr6v][/url

Last edited by five 7; 11-04-2022 at 07:44 PM.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2022, 08:36 PM   #4412
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Are they the same type who ride side by side, making themselves vulnerable to passing traffic and spend more time chatting than actually concentrating on the exercise aspect?

(And before I get flamed, I am the son of an ex-cycling professional, this behavior irks him too.)
Can be packs of 10 20 30 + with the usual five to ten or more cars backed up behind them on a windy road, and yep more worried about there convo than surroundings...
This user likes this post:
Old 11-04-2022, 08:43 PM   #4413
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Too true Tonz but I prefer Anawhata beach its magic out there plus bugger all people and you can't drive/have 4wd beach access there unless you in the very small loop....[url=https://postimg.cc/T5cpFr6v]image[/url
**** of your making me homesick. Feb next year I'll be back unfortunately just a short trip.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:56 PM   #4414
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry mate nearly put up a pic of Toi Toi's a awhile back in another thread to tease you, they always make me think of NZ when I'm away. Ah bugger it why not...
3 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2022, 11:32 AM   #4415
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

The PC brigade are onto Elvis Costello for his lyrics in Oliver’s Army.

So - rather than pander by re-writing, he’s ceased to perform it.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2022, 11:43 AM   #4416
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The PC brigade are onto Elvis Costello for his lyrics in Oliver’s Army.

So - rather than pander by re-writing, he’s ceased to perform it.
I hate this sort of thing. People need to consider the era the art was created, before someone starts chipping away at the Statue of David.

However, Costello probably happy to have an excuse to stop playing a song he likely performed every time he played a show.
Good song, and I agree with him when he says a censoring "Bleep" over the word would be worse than not hearing it on the radio again.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2022, 12:45 PM   #4417
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Second gripe of the day; nothing lasts anymore. 32 year old, 335K power window switch, spring metal contacts have fatigued and snapped.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-04-2022, 01:25 PM   #4418
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
I hate this sort of thing. People need to consider the era the art was created, before someone starts chipping away at the Statue of David.
That wouldn't take long there's not much to chip at...
Old 13-04-2022, 05:00 PM   #4419
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Second gripe of the day; nothing lasts anymore. 32 year old, 335K power window switch, spring metal contacts have fatigued and snapped.
Not good enough, still have some original air hoses fitted to the 46 year old Kenworth.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2022, 08:50 PM   #4420
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Outrageous, only 32 years.
Old 13-04-2022, 09:35 PM   #4421
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Didn’t you buy extended warranty?
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2022, 12:10 AM   #4422
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Didn’t you buy extended warranty?
I think extended warranty expired two years ago?

Trying to buy one now, vendor (Argentinian) not responding to my request for price with express post.
Old 14-04-2022, 09:38 AM   #4423
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think extended warranty expired two years ago?

Trying to buy one now, vendor (Argentinian) not responding to my request for price with express post.
Express post Argentina
Old 14-04-2022, 11:49 AM   #4424
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Express post Argentina
Via sled dog through our sister continent.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2022, 09:20 AM   #4425
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Silly of Oz Post, to be unhelpful and then ask my opinion of them.
5 users like this post:
Old 15-04-2022, 12:44 PM   #4426
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was asked to fill out survey for woolworths after using their delivery service during Iso.
I went a little overboard describing the useless delivery guy, hit Send, and then told the missus what I had done.
She says Um, that part there was the idiot pizza guy, not the idiot Woolies guy.
Oops, I confused the 2, though both had no idea how to follow simple instructions.
I have doubts that they both managed to find their way back to the store.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-04-2022, 05:42 PM   #4427
.:4:.
Kicking back

Hmm, had a mate ask if my chainsaw works. My answer was should do. Long story short, not my mate who asked me, but my other mate bought his work truck home and took out a large branch. And by work truck i mean a heavy rigid with 2 front steering axles, 2 rear drive axles. Refrigerated with a tailgate loader. So real truck.
Hmmmm, so topped it up, yeah chainsaw works. But i had to put in the work because apparently chainsaws are scary.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2022, 06:40 PM   #4428
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Weeding, I ****en hate weeding

I just finished my backyard and some of these bastards were as big or bigger than some of the plants. I have an unusually big backyard for a townhouse and I still have to do the front but that's a lot more easy as not much of it.

I'm glad I put some weed mat down between my pergola and the back gate. Only one has popped up between a pipe and the mat but now I gave it the Round up treatment should be good.

That was the worse place to weed before then so definitely give a thumbs up for weed mat. I would put it every where else if mum wasn't constantly planting and moving **** around
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2022, 06:44 PM   #4429
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Weeding, I ****en hate weeding

I just finished my backyard and some of these bastards were as big or bigger than some of the plants. I have an unusually big backyard for a townhouse and I still have to do the front but that's a lot more easy as not much of it.

I'm glad I put some weed mat down between my pergola and the back gate. Only one has popped up between a pipe and the mat but now I gave it the Round up treatment should be good.

That was the worse place to weed before then so definitely give a thumbs up for weed mat. I would put it every where else if mum wasn't constantly planting and moving **** around
I don’t have much time for weed mat because I find the weeds grow on top of it rather than through it
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-04-2022, 07:50 PM   #4430
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
I don’t have much time for weed mat because I find the weeds grow on top of it rather than through it
With mine I put it on top of the dirt then put down mulch on top, no dirt on top of it. My only concern was the water would pool but so far so good.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2022, 05:12 PM   #4431
.:4:.
Kicking back

Lack of 'man skills'. I dont use that term in a sexist way. My mate borrowed my jigsaw. My ex wifes mum could use that thing properly, no questions. My mate, theyre not hard. Put the flat bit on the flat wood and let the tool do the work. So after the comedic few minutes of watching my mate hold the thing up and get taken for the ride whilst trying to push too hard, i did a couple cuts to proove its not that hard. My mates older then me so doesnt like being shown man skills that he clearly lacks.
It was entertaining to watch though.
To be fair im surprised at how the black and decker jiggy even still works. It was bought by my grandpa from cash converters in 1986, so before i was born. Bunnings still sell blades that fit.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2022, 07:32 PM   #4432
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Blooming mega toothache on a long weekend; for the dentally informed 29 & 30 need to go.
Old 23-04-2022, 07:44 PM   #4433
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What's gunna hold up 31 and 32.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2022, 07:59 PM   #4434
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Devcon?

Seriously looking at dental tourism this year, quotes locally were insane. If anyone’s had gnashers done OS in recent times, keen to hear. A bit trepidatious about Eastern Bloc dentistry, although Konfetka swears by it.

Last edited by Citroënbender; 23-04-2022 at 08:13 PM.
Old 23-04-2022, 08:16 PM   #4435
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a crown done a couple of months ago on 30 lower which I thought was toast, the whole side of it fell off. $1400 a ton of grinding and some ceramic it's mint. Didn't think price was too bad for three Visits.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-04-2022, 08:20 PM   #4436
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

No, that’s fair given the “site costs” of running a surgery and skilled labour. But I was quoted over $38K to fix my mouth.
Old 23-04-2022, 08:29 PM   #4437
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ouch....have you looked at India or Vietnam, do no someone that had 40 odd ks worth done for 5k in Thailand but that was years ago think it was implants. Also no a female friend spent similar on some Thai implants but you might not want to go down that path.

Last edited by five 7; 23-04-2022 at 08:54 PM.
Old 23-04-2022, 10:42 PM   #4438
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Ouch....have you looked at India or Vietnam, do no someone that had 40 odd ks worth done for 5k in Thailand but that was years ago think it was implants. Also no a female friend spent similar on some Thai implants but you might not want to go down that path.
I think Citroënbender wants to fill his mouth not his chest
Old 23-04-2022, 10:45 PM   #4439
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

As you know, or don't .. I spent a lot of time in school holidays in Manly with my grandparents. Oh, did that water taste like...... I never did drink the water there, after the first time. Give me the Canberra fluoride treatment, even if it is mind numbing. (Apparently that's a thing.)

My last dentist visit, 3 years ago, had a $600 corrective plan. I didn't take it, because the main concern was some decay in a back tooth, which I had pointed out to my previous dentist 10 years earlier, where he said "it's not bad enough for me to do anything" and I've been taking special care of that area since. I didn't bother telling the new dentist.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2022, 06:22 AM   #4440
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think Citroënbender wants to fill his mouth not his chest
Haha the first was dental