Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-02-2022, 11:08 PM   #4291
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Private Investigators..**** ones.

My eldest Daughter is friends with a guy she plays sport with, unfortunately his partner is a paranoid nutjob who thinks her 43yo man is interested in a 21yo girl and vice versa.
It all blew up last week when he was 'caught' talking on the phone to my Daughter, that it was about team selection for a game 3 days later didnt seem to matter.

So my Daughter gets up for work on the Friday morning and notices a black Mazda CX3 driving past slowly. 15 minutes later as she's leaving for work the car is still circling our block.
As she leaves the estate she notices the car following her 2 cars back, it continues to follow down a few roads at which point she decides to put them to the test and pulls into a side road and stops, sure enough the car turns in and stops a bit further down.
She pulls a u turn and heads back towards home and in the busy morning traffic loses them.
She parks in another side street where she can see the main road and sure enough a minute later the CX3 is seen heading back towards our house.

At this point she calls my Wife and tells her about the situation, my Wife decides to do a bit of her own surveillance and jumps in the FG. Soon enough the CX3 is passing our house again obviously looking for the Daughters car. My Wife and Son back out and begin following the CX3 and record it for a good 5 minutes circling our neighbourhood until the driver gives up and leaves.

When I get home I watch the video, note the number plate and Google it, up comes a current Gumtree for sale ad with a phone number and first name.
So I get the number run through Facebook and up pops a profile with the same first name and a last name.
I Google the name and discover it links to a PI business, further FB research of this clowns partner and friends provides a connection to the nutjob.

So I send him a message asking if he still has his CX3 for sale and can I come look at it, straight away I get a reply saying yes and an address, so I message back saying I just wanted to make sure he hadnt sold it since it was spotted and filmed tailing my Daughter before 7am, I forwarded him some screen shots.
Theres a lull in the exchange before a reply suggesting its all a misunderstanding and he had the car out to show someone.
I replied no mate, youre a PI tailing my Daughter and I know who put you up to it through your FB contacts.
The conversation ends abruptly, the Gumtree ad is deleted and the FB profile taken down.

Surprising what you can find out from a numberplate and a google/FB search.
Poor bastard cant even cash in on the used car covid tax as he doesnt know who's coming to look now..lol

Not very good at his gig either.
Your daughter still has the paranoid nut job to contend with, think she needs to tell the guy to do something about it before more **** goes down.
These things can get nasty.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-02-2022, 12:10 AM   #4292
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Your daughter still has the paranoid nut job to contend with, think she needs to tell the guy to do something about it before more **** goes down.
These things can get nasty.
Oh the paranoid nutjob got the message, they all did but i'll leave that there.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2022, 04:26 AM   #4293
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Damn man, I would go Rambo: Last Blood mode if that happened to a female member of my family.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-02-2022, 10:01 AM   #4294
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

My eldest Daughter is friends with a guy she plays sport with, unfortunately his partner is a paranoid nutjob who thinks her 43yo man is interested in a 21yo girl and vice versa.
It all blew up last week when he was 'caught' talking on the phone to my Daughter, that it was about team selection for a game 3 days later didnt seem to matter.

So my Daughter gets up for work on the Friday morning and notices a black Mazda CX3 driving past slowly. 15 minutes later as she's leaving for work the car is still circling our block.
As she leaves the estate she notices the car following her 2 cars back, it continues to follow down a few roads at which point she decides to put them to the test and pulls into a side road and stops, sure enough the car turns in and stops a bit further down.
She pulls a u turn and heads back towards home and in the busy morning traffic loses them.
She parks in another side street where she can see the main road and sure enough a minute later the CX3 is seen heading back towards our house.

At this point she calls my Wife and tells her about the situation, my Wife decides to do a bit of her own surveillance and jumps in the FG. Soon enough the CX3 is passing our house again obviously looking for the Daughters car. My Wife and Son back out and begin following the CX3 and record it for a good 5 minutes circling our neighbourhood until the driver gives up and leaves.

When I get home I watch the video, note the number plate and Google it, up comes a current Gumtree for sale ad with a phone number and first name.
So I get the number run through Facebook and up pops a profile with the same first name and a last name.
I Google the name and discover it links to a PI business, further FB research of this clowns partner and friends provides a connection to the nutjob.

So I send him a message asking if he still has his CX3 for sale and can I come look at it, straight away I get a reply saying yes and an address, so I message back saying I just wanted to make sure he hadnt sold it since it was spotted and filmed tailing my Daughter before 7am, I forwarded him some screen shots.
Theres a lull in the exchange before a reply suggesting its all a misunderstanding and he had the car out to show someone.
I replied no mate, youre a PI tailing my Daughter and I know who put you up to it through your FB contacts.
The conversation ends abruptly, the Gumtree ad is deleted and the FB profile taken down.

Poor bastard cant even cash in on the used car covid tax as he doesnt know who's coming to look now..lol

It would be funny if it wasnt happening to your daughter.

He just got out-PI'ed by her dad
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-02-2022, 10:17 AM   #4295
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

It's just lucky that his daughter has a good father that dealt with the situation.

A lot of young people don't have that level of support in their lives.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-02-2022, 11:46 AM   #4296
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Looks like you and your daughter should become PIs, you're daughter is very switched on, good on her.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-02-2022, 12:56 PM   #4297
.:4:.
Kicking back

So on friday my kid put his google account into his new computer and got an email from google. Im his backup email and i got the same email so its not a scam. Because he is 12 if he didnt setup the parental supervision thing his account will be deleted in 14 days.
So he did all that, i ok'd it and had to get the google family app. But it blocked every app on his phone. Even the clock. I had to spend a fair amount of time unblocking everything. Now im sure for helicopter parents they'll like that feature for a kids phone as you can set daily limits and crap for everything, but thats not me.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2022, 02:50 PM   #4298
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Google is horrible like that. I had a youtube/google account which went viral in 2017/2018. For some absurd reason, due to my videos primarily being political in nature, google first blocked my content from appearing in virtually every country you can imagine... then they sent me an email saying the account was scheduled for deletion without providing justification.

Lucky you stopped the account deletion. Otherwise he would have lost all his emails as well, as I did.
Old 27-02-2022, 03:09 PM   #4299
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
Google is horrible like that. I had a youtube/google account which went viral in 2017/2018. For some absurd reason, due to my videos primarily being political in nature, google first blocked my content from appearing in virtually every country you can imagine... then they sent me an email saying the account was scheduled for deletion without providing justification.

Lucky you stopped the account deletion. Otherwise he would have lost all his emails as well, as I did.
Yeah email crisis averted. The parental thing is more just because he is 12. Ive never had issues with google. I got my gmail account in testing before it was even released. Back then it was considered stupid as who could dethrone hotmail and yahoo.
I trust my kid. Its not as if he is trying to look up stuff on the dark web or anything.
Old 27-02-2022, 03:26 PM   #4300
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Looks like you and your daughter should become PIs, you're daughter is very switched on, good on her.
I had a similar experience myself almost 20yrs ago.
At the time I was on workcover for a workplace accident to my right knee.
Just prior to the accident I'd borrowed a wheel barrow from work and so when they realised I wouldnt be back to work anytime soon they asked me to return it asap.
I didnt have an issue with that so I had my Wife and eldest Son lift it into my HZ ute and drove it down there, a mechanic unloaded it and I drove home.
Soon after I got a call from the service manager asking how I could drive my manual ute with a busted knee, I said its my right knee, you use your left for the clutch and im a left foot braker from day dot so the right leg just hovers over the accelerator.
He mumbled some **** and hung up.

Now to set the scene, I was living in Davoren Park at the time, a renamed suburb of Elizabeth so when a shiny bright red BMW M3 pulled into the church carpark across the road it stuck out like dogs balls.
I watched it through the loungeroom window for half an hour or so and the driver just sat there looking towards my house.
So I rang Workcover and asked them If it was their doing, nope came the reply, go ask him if he wants a coffee.
I wasnt that brazen so I said to my Wife lets play a game with him instead.
So we jump in her car and she reverses out the drive and heads north for a few hundred meters before doing a U turn at an intersection and heading back towards the carpark entrance.
At that exact moment the nose of the bright red M3 pokes out onto the road to tail us, he realises we've turned 180* and in a hail of gravel and dust proceeds to backtrack into the carpark and back to where he was.
So we slowly pull up across the entrance and I wind my window down and give him a wave, he didnt look too happy.
We sat there in a stalemate for a while and eventually drove off once he got the message.

I rang a mate who worked with me and told him the story, he starts laughing and says thats Mathew the service managers mate, he's a PI, not a very good one mind you, who goes undercover in Elizabeth in a bright red BMW M3.
Never saw it again.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2022, 04:50 PM   #4301
Kicking back

First off, im complaining about the weather, but im much more fortunate then others who been heavily effected by proper flood waters.
So me mates roof has sprung a leak. So that sucks, i own his place so thats my bill to repair. I dont reckon its a leak per say, but the silly gutter between the the flat and the carport probably overflowed last night as its the heaviest rain ive ever seen. So 'should be right' but if its not....
Me other mate who lives next door asked for a hand also.
So the rear deck was roofed mostly colourbond with tinted lazerlite panels for light.
So its his mums house, she is a lovely lady, great neighbor and all that. But a couple of months ago decided to getthe tinted lazerlite changed to clear for better light.
Anyhow, my mate asked for a hand because the replacement panels had failed.
Im no expert on pergolas, but im pretty sure roofing screws are used not roofers silicone. Also, the whatever cheap crap panels that were used were no joke made out of whatever takeaway contaners are made out of. After drilling a few drainage holes as those panels were sagging and retaining water, it was stupid easy to remove the ****ty parts and workmanship.
2 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2022, 05:16 PM   #4302
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Found this damage on my fathers Ranger today, some low life bastard decided to use the car as kicking practice.

I said this in my thread, but I'm a pretty placid person, but if witnessed this it would have been a blood bath!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2022, 07:03 PM   #4303
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

When i was finally allowed to cross the border a month or so ago i took the remainder of my spares from my old xr6 and fixed my cousins xr6 down in Lismore.

Thursday her car was submerged under 8ft of water and her mobile home floated away...

Neither were insured

I will post some pic's later, the smell was intense inside that poor car.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2022, 09:42 AM   #4304
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I don't know if this is the correct thread for this post...

After all, who doesn't like starting off their day by stepping on glass and embedding it into their feet?
2 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2022, 10:02 AM   #4305
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

That’s a rotten start.

Jackson Pollock is said to have walked drunkenly over glass syringes tossed onto the canvas of Blue Poles (he created it flat on the floor). I understand that some - if not all - of these had been used to squirt jets of paint across the work. There was also the follow-up tale of a huge coming-down from this binge and many splinters of fine glass being picked out his feet.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2022, 11:02 AM   #4306
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Jackson Pollock is said to have walked drunkenly over glass syringes tossed onto the canvas of Blue Poles (he created it flat on the floor). I understand that some - if not all - of these had been used to squirt jets of paint across the work. There was also the follow-up tale of a huge coming-down from this binge and many splinters of fine glass being picked out his feet.
That's pretty bad. Pollock used turkey basting syringes in many of his artistic pieces and I assume those are the syringes he walked on. Back then, they all would've been made of tempered glass I guess.

He was probably incredibly drunk when he walked on the glass. Alcohol did that man no good.
Old 16-03-2022, 12:24 PM   #4307
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont know about that. If he was blind drunk and painted Blue Poles than there has got to be something good about being drunk. (tongue in cheek of course.)
Old 16-03-2022, 01:11 PM   #4308
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Found this damage on my fathers Ranger today, some low life bastard decided to use the car as kicking practice.

I said this in my thread, but I'm a pretty placid person, but if witnessed this it would have been a blood bath!
That's pretty crappy, shame it's on the body line too.
3 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2022, 01:31 PM   #4309
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
I dont know about that. If he was blind drunk and painted Blue Poles than there has got to be something good about being drunk. (tongue in cheek of course.)
https://youtu.be/nOHjhYyCJbE
Old 16-03-2022, 01:33 PM   #4310
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lined up at ServiceSA centre to pay some stamp duty.
Was given a ticket and sat down to see the numbers being called were all higher than the number on my ticket....hmm.
I waited for a few more to confirm they were being called in order and stepped up to a counter to explain.
"Oh you must have missed your number being called".
Really?
You think there's so much of interest in this building that I clean forgot I was waiting for my number to be called up?
Old 16-03-2022, 01:51 PM   #4311
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
You think there's so much of interest in this building that I clean forgot I was waiting for my number to be called up?
How I imagine your day has progressed thus far: https://youtu.be/ikXfMQQ1WXk
Old 16-03-2022, 01:57 PM   #4312
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Lined up at ServiceSA centre to pay some stamp duty.
Was given a ticket and sat down to see the numbers being called were all higher than the number on my ticket....hmm.
I waited for a few more to confirm they were being called in order and stepped up to a counter to explain.
"Oh you must have missed your number being called".
Really?
What was on the big screen telly at the time ?

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2022, 07:15 PM   #4313
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
What was on the big screen telly at the time ?
Numbers.
And rolling ads telling us how to apply for personalised plates.

I sat down, saw the screen, moved to another seat so I had a better view of screen and immediately saw numbers 5+ more than mine.
The only screen in the room was for calling us up.

If there was any distraction it was Blondey at the reception desk, but I was already feeling I'd been given a dud ticket
Old 16-03-2022, 07:19 PM   #4314
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Numbers.
And rolling ads telling us how to apply for personalised plates.

I sat down, saw the screen, moved to another seat so I had a better view of screen and immediately saw numbers 5+ more than mine.
The only screen in the room was for calling us up.

If there was any distraction it was Blondey at the reception desk, but I was already feeling I'd been given a dud ticket
or you were doing a Brick and was reading the fire capacity signs at the time.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2022, 10:12 PM   #4315
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Guys, he obviously dropped a bunch of acid in the shower and was never even at service sa.

The "numbered ticket" he thought he possessed was actually a pair of woolen socks and the screen he claims to have seen was in fact his own hazy reflection in the mirror.

Prove me wrong.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2022, 10:13 PM   #4316
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

In other news, I spent an hour or two this afternoon watering my parents' extensive garden.

Then it started raining just after I finished.
5 users like this post:
Old 16-03-2022, 11:45 PM   #4317
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
Guys, he obviously dropped a bunch of acid in the shower and was never even at service sa.

The "numbered ticket" he thought he possessed was actually a pair of woolen socks and the screen he claims to have seen was in fact his own hazy reflection in the mirror.

Prove me wrong.
This post totally made my day - thank you!
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2022, 12:09 AM   #4318
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
This post totally made my day - thank you!
This post made my day. You're welcome and thank you also.
Old 17-03-2022, 12:40 AM   #4319
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad you guys are having a good day in the I Hate That thread

And I dont own woolen socks.... everything else are genuine possibilities
Old 17-03-2022, 12:12 PM   #4320
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I never said they were your socks.

And now that you've returned from outer space, I'd like them back.

I legitimately have another geez I hate that moment from today. Tried to replace the internal battery in my phone and ruined the screen while removing it to access the battery.

$100 cost for replacement screen = this phone is toast.