Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
98fex

Default free guns yahoo

I found this on facebook .
http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/f...116-17uoq.html

Old 29-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
Kryton

Good to see the same old stories recycled and called 'news'.
This was 'news' many months ago - certainly not on the 16th Nov.
Old 29-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

I love the way they sensationalize this story!!!

Free AK-47 with every truck: US car dealer
Quote:
A US car dealership is trying to drum up business by offering an unusual perk for potential used-truck buyers: a free AK-47 assault rifle.
Yup, only in America will they shove an AK-47 assault rifle at you to get you to buy a used truck.

Quote:
General sales manager Nick Ginetta says that since the promotion was announced in the Florida town of Sanford on Veterans Day (November 11), business has more than doubled at Nations Trucks.
See that? It's working like a charm! So many Yanks are excited to get a machine gun for buying a used truck.

....except that they are not getting a machine gun. We all know an AK-47 is a machine gun, but in the US you have to have a special, and very involved to get Class III permit to own one. The AK-47 that they are getting has to be a single shot unit. Machine guns are illegal for most people to own. And the "assault rifle" designation is due to the pistol grip handle. A rifle (any rifle) with a pistol grip handle is considered an "assault rifle."

Quote:
Customers would have to pass a background check before using the $US400 ($405) gun-shop voucher.
Oh, you better believe there will be a background check. What's this? It's a voucher they are getting and not a gun thrust into their hands? Well, that doesn't sound quite the same as the first sentence, does it?

Quote:
They also have the option of using the money towards other firearms,...
Huh? They don't HAVE to get an AK-47? They can get a .22 pistol instead? Well, that doesn't sound as scary now. Maybe they should have said people will get a "gun" when they buy a used truck.

Quote:
...or they can request a cheque for that amount instead.
You mean people can just get a check for buying a used truck? But the first line said everyone was being offered a free assualt rifle. It didn't say "A voucher for a gun or a check for cash."

Quote:
The dealership has fielded some complaints about the deal, which Ginetta acknowledges is controversial.
I'm not surprised with the sensational press it is getting.

Quote:
But he adds: "My buyer is absolutely a gun owner, no question."
Well, someone who has or wants a gun will be interested in this offer, that's why they are there, what with the promise of an assault rifle.

Quote:
The promotion is scheduled to run until the end of November.
So let me get this straight. You go to this dealership and buy a used truck and you can get a check for $400, or you can get a voucher for a gun shop to buy a gun of your choice up to $400. Well, even if they were not offering the voucher you could use the check to go buy a gun if you wanted to........or a roller cam too.

What happened to the AK-47 machine gun they were going to throw at you for buying a truck? Isn't that what the headline said???

Free AK-47 with every truck: US car dealer

Man. I hate when they do that kind of stuff. It makes me want to get out my HK G3 .308 with 15 rnd clip and just unload on them!!

....isn't that what I am expected to say as a Yank??

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Old 29-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes Steve. Go shoot them :P

Didn't someone post this like last week!
Old 29-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #5
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB

Man. I hate when they do that kind of stuff. It makes me want to get out my HK G3 .308 with 15 rnd clip and just unload on them!!

....isn't that what I am expected to say as a Yank??

Steve
The only thing missing was a "yeehaw".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
Didn't someone post this like last week!
Yep.
Closed Thread