Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-10-2006, 12:08 AM   #1
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Default Focus WRC - Telstra Rally Australia

OK Gang,

As the club's most widely travelled member to the highest number of meets and arguably the one who has perosnally met the most number of members Australia wide, I'm now heading to Perth for Telstra Rally Australia and would love to meet some club members and Euroford owners!

Who's going to the WRC on 26-29 October? :eclipsee_

Old 17-10-2006, 10:25 AM   #2
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Matt, I'm organising the XR5Turbo forum cruise but all focus owners are invited. I've invited Karl 74 (Karl), Chevaps (Tom), and WRC1AB (Nick) from this Forum already, but the invitation is open to everyone.

Here is my provisional itinerary for Rally Oz:

Wednesday 25th October 3, 2006

19.00 – 22.00 - Gloucester Park practice session
Note: In many ways this session is much better value (free entry) than the actual timed Super Special stages because you get to see the top drivers run up to half a dozen times, rather than just twice, as on the competitive nights. There are also a number of other races featuring all sorts of cars.

Friday 27th October

1) 7.30 – Assemble at Narrogin Inn car park (Cnr South West and Albany Hwy, Armadale).

2) 7.45 – Depart for Dwellingup.

3) 8.35 – Arrive Dwellingup and continue on to SS3 Murray North and SS4 Murray South (first car due 9.23).

4) 10.35 – Head to Dwellingup Rally Village for a look around.

5) 11.25 – Head back out to SS3 Murray North and SS4 Murray South (first car due 11.49).

6) 12.50 – Head back to Dwellingup for some lunch and to discuss how good Marcus Gronholm is, and possibly discuss the mornings rally action also.

7) 13.30 – 1.45 Head home for Perth.

Saturday 28th October

1) 7.20 - Assemble at Narrogin Inn car park (Cnr South West and Albany Hwy, Armadale)

2) 7.30 – Depart for Bannister Stages

3) 8.40 – Arrive at Bannister stages and get good vantage point (first car due 9.20)
Note: For the Bannister (Sotico) stages, the action all happens in the same area, so once parked up that’s where you stay for the running of all the stages.

4) 13.00 - Depart for Perth (after quickly getting together to discuss how good Marcus Gronholm is)

Sunday 29th October

1) 6.45 - (yep you have to be keen) - Assemble at KFC car park Great Eastern Hwy Mundaring.

2) 6.55 - Depart for Helena stages

3) 7.15 - Arrive Helena stages (first car due 7.33).

4)12.45 - Head to Perth for some lunch and to check out the service area and the Podium finish

5) 14.30 - Attend Podium presentation (and admire Marcus as he stands on the top step)

6) 15.00 – Gather to discuss how great the Rally was and to marvel at the skills of the world’s greatest driver – Marcus Gronholm!

In addition to the 3 days of country stages, the Gloucester Park Super Special stage is run on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night - At this stage I don’t plan on attending a Gloucester Park Super Special as I think the practice run on Wednesday night is better, but if enough people want to go on another night I might change my mind.

It would be great to get as many focus owners along as possible, so please join us.

Cheers,

Simon.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 12:05 PM   #3
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Just in case anyone was planning on attending the Wednesday night shakedown.... it's not open to the public this year :
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post