Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-10-2005, 10:34 AM   #1
Engineer
Cookie Monster

Smile Rogue vacuum line

Hi All,

This is my first post here on this forum. I just bought myself an AU 2 XR8 with 70K kms and all the tickford options, leather , momo wheel and Tbar, sunroof, tow pack, premium brakes, bodykit etc. I love the car its great!!

I have a quick question. Right in front of the air box is a black plastic vacuum line that comes out of the left hand guard and connects to nothing. Does anyone have any clues? I could not see where it would go.

Any help greatly appreciated..

Cheers
Engineer

Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 08:56 PM   #2
Steve_T

Hi mate,

Welcome to the forums. Great car you scored yourself! (I have an AU3 XR8 ute ).

Don't worry, that line is supposed to be open-ended. It is the vent for the charcoal canister which is located down inside the LH guard. They just run that line as a remote breather to it so it gets a bit cleaner/better air from the engine bay instead of whatever water and crud it might cop down where it's mounted. If you can see it sitting in the open there it means it's come off it's mounting clip (they just tape it with electrical tape which looses it's stick after a while). Look at the top body/radiator support panel/cross-member where it runs in front of the airbox - see next to where the rubber stop for the bonnet is mounted, you should see a little white clip sticking up through a hole next to it - feel underneath and you'll find the clip - it's just a clip with a couple of plastic tabs - you tape the hose onto the tabs (use duck tape - it's stronger than elec. tape) and then it clips the hose up under the edge of that panel so you usually can't see it.

Steve.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 11:33 PM   #3
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Hey, welcome to the forums. got yourself a great car there. as Steve T said its a breather.

Thats a cool avatar.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 10:57 AM   #4
Engineer
Cookie Monster

Default vacuum line

hey Steve and chief,

thanks for the reply. I figured it was a canister breather of sorts as i blew into it and it felt like there was a diaphram on the other end. Thanks about the car shes a beauty I was looking for ages and finally got one with all the tickford options (except premium sound..but thts not a bad thing from what i am reading on the forums here!! )

Thanls too about the avatar chief!! My other car is a 4wd laser turbo and thats what i look like after working on it for a weekend!! hahaha ;)

Cheers guys thanks for the welcome!!

Regards
Engineer
Old 25-10-2005, 03:09 PM   #5
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Does the I6 also have this canister? I cant say i've ever seen it in my travels underneath the car.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 12:17 AM   #6
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Does the I6 also have this canister? I cant say i've ever seen it in my travels underneath the car.
Can't say I've seen one in my car either.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 12:07 AM   #7
Steve_T

Yeah guys, I6s have 'em just the same - you won't see it from underneath unless you remove the front air deflector - easiest way to access it though is to pull the front LH wheel off and pull the inner wheel arch splash shield off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer
...and thats what i look like after working on it for a weekend!!..
ROFL - that is a cool avatar. Sounds like you have two awesome Fords mate - the 4WD Turbo Lasers were one of the best things ever released IMHO.

Steve.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2005, 11:52 AM   #8
Engineer
Cookie Monster

Default tx3

Heya Steve,

yeah mate the 4wd TX3 has been in the family for 9 years now and is undergoing a full ground up restoration. They are a fantastic car the laser will outhandle just about anything in the bends (wrx incl). Its very very fast and competant in all areas. The only downside is that they ae getting old now and due to the low low volumes the parts are 3 times as expensive as anything else fod sells!!

Getting the parts is a huge problem too, everything is discontinued now just about. They are also very fragile in the gearbox and in the crank area, abuse will kill them fast. They are very complicated little cars, way too much going on in such a small space. Mine has spent a lot of time off the road for repairs and upgrades, but mate geez its all worthwhile when its running well and you let it have it on full boost through twisty mountain roads.

I love the car, its just one of those 'cool' cars that only come round once every so often ( a bit like the tickford cars).

I must put some picks up of both of them when i get a chance..

Cheers steve
Engineer