Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-06-2005, 11:01 PM   #31
b2tf
not here much anymore

The foglights are seperate to the bumper, you can buy them from Ford and fit them to any Focus as far as I am aware.

I dont think the bodykit would fit the 5 door, the only real option for 5dr bodykits apart from aftermarket is the optional Ford one.
Old 27-06-2005, 11:54 PM   #32
zetec
Zoom Zoom

ST170 bodykit is the same as the "Zetec" Bodykit that was available as a factory oprion on the Zetec but available through Spare Parts for any other model of Focus. It's nothing more than a front lip, side skirts and a rear skirt.

ST170 foglihts plug straight into ANY Focus regardless of bodykit or not.

ST170 grille plugs straight into ANY Focus also separate to the bodykit

Hope this helps!!
Old 28-06-2005, 01:32 AM   #33
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

SWEEEEETTTTTT... i love the look of the ST170 with the foglights... Now i wish i got a ZetecR and put the foglights from ST170 on it... bugger

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 09:52 AM   #34
whippet_zetec
Supes

check out the eurofordclub site and melbzetec did:
17" Zetec alloys, Factory Body Kit, ST170 Lower Grille, ST170 Fog Lights and ST170 side indicators, along with ST170 pedals. (link below).

Only problem is that its that bloody machine silver that gets around everywhere :P

http://www.eurofordclub.com/php/details.php?m=melbzetec
Old 28-06-2005, 10:23 AM   #35
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

You're right about that Machine Silver, I would have preferred Black any day!!!!!!! (My last 3 cars were black) But I got a deal "I couldn't refuse" on the Silver one, so what is a guy to do???
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 11:21 AM   #36
Nic
Starter Motor

So yeah, back to me...

I HAVE MY CAR! :1syellow1

But i made a bit of a mistake, it's a 2003, not 2004, though it was first registered in July 2004. Are there any big differences between the models worth knowing about?

I realised as i stepped in, just how light the interior is. Might have to make the first modification floor mats. Ford Genuine again?? : Or can i just go to Auto Barn? And does anyone have seat covers, or are they not so good for the interior?
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 11:46 AM   #37
b2tf
not here much anymore

Nice one, post up some pics when you can!

The floor mats are good, theyre an odd shape though so i dont know how you'd go fitting aftermarket ones. I have the gen. Ford ones and they're great.

Seat covers I havent got but I will probably need to get them soon, in which case I might look at leather ones.

No real differences between the year models as far as i am aware.
Old 28-06-2005, 12:08 PM   #38
Nic
Starter Motor

Will definitely take some pics this weekend after it's had a proper wash and i have some daylight!

Hmm, the genuine ones look pretty good, i might get those. Any idea on price? I suppose i could just call them myself later today and find out, but if you happened to know.... :voldar02: Oh, and do i contact the dealer? Dumb question, i know, but i thought maybe there might be a genuine parts place i'm supposed to contact instead. One more question: carpet or rubber?? I like the look of the carpet ones, but i expect rubber is more practical.

Someone (not even sure who) one said that the underside of seat covers can damage the upholstery. Is this an old wives tale?

My confusion continues over the year of the car - it's a 2003 model with a July 04 build date?!? *shrugs*
Old 28-06-2005, 12:16 PM   #39
whippet_zetec
Supes

:1syellow1
Old 28-06-2005, 12:19 PM   #40
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic
Will definitely take some pics this weekend after it's had a proper wash and i have some daylight!

Hmm, the genuine ones look pretty good, i might get those. Any idea on price? I suppose i could just call them myself later today and find out, but if you happened to know.... :voldar02: Oh, and do i contact the dealer? Dumb question, i know, but i thought maybe there might be a genuine parts place i'm supposed to contact instead. One more question: carpet or rubber?? I like the look of the carpet ones, but i expect rubber is more practical.

Someone (not even sure who) one said that the underside of seat covers can damage the upholstery. Is this an old wives tale?

My confusion continues over the year of the car - it's a 2003 model with a July 04 build date?!? *shrugs*
Hmm, the build plate should tell yuo what year its made (obviously). Take that over whatever else youve been told, the build plate can never be wrong.

Mats are about $80 or so, I got mine for $5 cos I used to work in Spare Parts :, and they are very good. Rubber is an option but it loos cheap and nasty, the Ford mats will stand up to a fair bit of rough stuff but like anything, the more you look after them the better they will look and last.

For all parts like that just go to your local Ford Dealer and head to the Spare Parts Department. My recommendation is to always buy your parts in person for 2 reasons - you can see what they are before you buy them, and if you buy enough the parts guys will remember you and start giving you a good price. Ask for trade price on your parts if you can - try going back to the Ford dealer you bought the car from and see the salesperson who sold it to you, they should be able to get you some good prices.

Mats will not damage the carpet underneath. The Focus drivers side mat has 2 lugs you screw into the carpet to hold it in place, and thats it.
Old 28-06-2005, 02:59 PM   #41
Nic
Starter Motor

USED to work in spare parts?? What good are you? :voldar02:

Called a friend who is a mechanic and he can get the mats for me for just under $70. Said the only mats available are black - does that sound right? (This will teach me to look on ebay and see ones in the US that would match perfectly!!)

Also, there is a small chip in the paint near the number plate which i'd like to run over with touch-up paint, but my mechanic friend tells me he can't get it from Ford. Where oh where does one get some then??

Thanks so much for all the advice, and not laughing at a clueless newbie. You guys are very welcoming :
Old 28-06-2005, 03:14 PM   #42
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

If you can't get it from ford try another auto spare parts store that can make up their own, as long as you have the colour codes for your car they can match it.

On leather seats sometimes seat covers can cause damage to the seats from rubbing, which is why I haven't bothered to get any as yet.

Chris
Old 28-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #43
whippet_zetec
Supes

My Zetec floor matts are black with a blue trim, but mine were thrown in with my Zetec when I bought it. The wear pretty good and as b2f said they have little plugs you can lock the drivers one down with.

As for touch up paint there is a thread in here somewhere about that and I think it has been discussed that you cant actually get touch up paint for the Focus from Ford.....in saying that if you picked up the car this morning and it has a chip that it noticeable I would take it back to the dealers and get them to fix...you just forked out good cash for a new car, tell em you want it new or looking new!
Old 28-06-2005, 03:38 PM   #44
Nic
Starter Motor

Well, i did buy it ex-demo, so i can't expect perfection!

Will look for that thread on paint, thanks!
Old 28-06-2005, 03:52 PM   #45
b2tf
not here much anymore

Yes, the mats are only available in black and you should be able to get them for yourself for that price anyway. But by all means go thru the mechanic if you want to, just means more waiting :P.

As for paint. Ford couldnt import the genuine touch up paint from Germany for reasons unknown to me, although I think it was because you cant put flammable stuff like paint on a plan. Load of BS if you ask me but that said it doesnt solve the problem.

I agree with what has been said, regardless of it is ex-demo or not I would still be taking it back. Mine had a few chips in it and I had the entire bonnet resprayed free of charge before I picked it up. Didnt need to be but I am a pedantic perfectionist sook when it comes to this car so only the best will do.That said, fordel is right - any good auto parts place will be able to make it up for you, just give them the paint code for Ink Blue which Im sure somebody here knows (I dont).
Old 28-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #46
Nic
Starter Motor

Mechanic is my bf's sister's bf and my bf's best mate, and he lives around the corner, so i'll get home delivery included in that price

Hmmm, have Ford ever heard of BOATS!?? Surely all the Foci here didn't come here by plane. lol
Old 28-06-2005, 05:22 PM   #47
b2tf
not here much anymore

Yeah I dont think they can fit a Focus in a plane :

Touch up paint isnt that hard to get though. Just make sure its a spot on match!

I got my windows tinted today too and on Ink Blue it looks FANTASTIC. Hasnt dried yet so I couldnt see the full effect, Ill post some pics in about a week once its perfect.
Old 28-06-2005, 05:27 PM   #48
Nic
Starter Motor

Well, i could never accuse my friend of being a slouch - he has the mats for me already! :
Old 28-06-2005, 05:30 PM   #49
Nic
Starter Motor

Will look forward to the pics b2tf! Been trying to convince myself the tint it came with is good enough, but it's not working!!
Old 28-06-2005, 06:02 PM   #50
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Nice one, post up some pics when you can!

The floor mats are good, theyre an odd shape though so i dont know how you'd go fitting aftermarket ones. I have the gen. Ford ones and they're great.

Seat covers I havent got but I will probably need to get them soon, in which case I might look at leather ones.

No real differences between the year models as far as i am aware.
First of all, any standard floor mats fit in fine, I have just off-the-shelf units and they fit perfectly.

Secondly, to clear up the Build Date issue, I am sure I know why you're confused. The car has a Build Date and a separate Compliance Date. The Build Date is when the car was manufactured in Germany, the Compliance Date is when the car arrived in Australia complying with all of Australian Standards. So, depending how long it took the car to get to Australia, the dates could be months apart. Also, then you add time it took the vehicle to first sell, and you could be up to half a year from the build date to the first registered date.

The final point I want to make is: don't any of you guys work?? The forums are blistering today! :

All the best with the car, have fun with it - oh, and we want !!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 06:02 PM   #51
b2tf
not here much anymore

Darkest legal is what I got, done for $240 through a good arrangement at the dealership i used to work at.

Looks fantastic but as I said, will be better by the end of the week.
Old 28-06-2005, 06:05 PM   #52
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Oh yeah, I remember what else I had to add. As far as I know, there is no difference between any of the Foci that have been on sale here in Oz, other than minor stuff like the turn indicator signals on the dash. Certainly not between the 2003 and 2004 models anyway.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 07:19 PM   #53
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Floor Mats. There are the "Zetec" ones- black with blue edging and blue zetec logo. I gave these to Matt from memory

But there are also "Focus" ones - black with black edging and a white Focus logo. They're the ones I swapped to beacuse I try to get a monotone look in the interior (it's ok....I am having therapy for that)

In other words, there are a couple of choices in genuine Ford mats.
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 08:16 PM   #54
Nic
Starter Motor

As Paris might say "My mats are hot"
Old 28-06-2005, 11:06 PM   #55
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet_zetec
check out the eurofordclub site and melbzetec did:
17" Zetec alloys, Factory Body Kit, ST170 Lower Grille, ST170 Fog Lights and ST170 side indicators, along with ST170 pedals. (link below).

Only problem is that its that bloody machine silver that gets around everywhere :P

http://www.eurofordclub.com/php/details.php?m=melbzetec
YEA, it looks really nice, just needs the painted body protector mouldings.

On another note, get some pics for us Nic!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 11:21 PM   #56
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Yeah I scored Stephen's floormats - thanks mate! I have worn a hole through mine in 55,000km of driving so I am about to put yours in to replace it!!!!! I must have abrasive heels.

Paint can't be imported from what I heard, it's too volatile, or just not worth the cost for something that can be mixed here. My guess is it'd settle too much. I got some mixed up at an automotvie shop for $15, far more than I'll ever ever need. Unless I cut sick and colour code everything. Like my windscreen.

Build date and compliance are traditionally 2 months apart according to how we organise it, so your build date should go like this

October Build on Build plate
December Compliance on Compliance Plate (when it arrived and officially entered the country)

Hope this helps.
Old 29-06-2005, 11:28 AM   #57
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
The final point I want to make is: don't any of you guys work?? The forums are blistering today! :
nope, not yesterday......
Old 02-07-2005, 08:18 PM   #58
Nic
Starter Motor

After two hours washing it, i finally took some pics of the car! Please excuse the ridiculous reflections!!