Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-02-2006, 04:05 PM   #1
snozzau
Starter Motor

Default Idle Problems!!!

Guys,
Had extractors and new exhaust fitted,got the the car home and did the ECU reset as per instructions and now the car cant seem to make up its mind what speed it wants to idle at.
Sounds like someones under the bonnet revving it up to 1200rpm then back to nearly stalling.
Please dont tell me I have to go the local ford dealer and get the idle codes reset.
Any ideas welcome.
Snoz

snozzau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 02:19 AM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Hi - seeing no one else is dropping any suggestions maybe try this, all i could maybe suggest/ask is .... did you set the transmission to adaptive shift mode after reseting the ecu then drive it on adaptive shift ( shift mode 3 ) for the first full tank ( roughly 400km ) ?????? , if not - reset the ecu again and try that - also make sure u got good fuel in ya car , not cheap unleaded . Maybe this wil help . gl
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 02:24 AM   #3
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

OOps , forgot to mention that i was on about if u have an Auto , not manual , also did the guide u read on reseting the ecu describe about running the a/c for a few mins on , then few mins off etc etc ???- if not -> make sure to read up on steps to follow after reseting the ecu , this does include idleing the car for certian amonts of time with the a/c on and off for certian amounts of time in Nuetral and in gear etc etc etc .
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 02:55 AM   #4
OZFORDAU
Banned

Thumbs up Rest ECU

To Reset AU ECU?
Disconnect the battery for approx 40minutes to 1 hour.

Once reconnected do the following:

AUTO Transmission:

- Reset Computer by disconnecting battery (Take off the positive terminal lead)
- When power is re-connected, start car and idle in this sequence?
- 2 minutes idling with the transmission in drive and A/C on.
- 2 minutes idling with the transmission in drive and A/C off.
- 2 minutes idling with the transmission in neutral and A/C on.
- 2 minutes idling with the transmission in neutral and A/C off.
- Drive the car on the road, for at least 5 minutes under variable throttle positions.

MANUAL Transmission:

- Same as above, except put the transmission in gear for (drive).

Often, resetting the ECU can give the car a fresh start, improving performance, economy and smoothness. It is recommended that an ECU reset is done after any modification to allow the computer to relearn the car and the driver

Hope this helps!!!!!!!
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 03:34 AM   #5
snozzau
Starter Motor

The car is a manual and I followed the reset procedure word for word.
I'll try it again but go for a longer test drive this time.
snozzau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 01:58 AM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Disconnect the electronic plug from ISC solenoid (it's attached to the Throttle Body) and see how it idles then. If it's better, then remove the ISC solenoid and clean it using WD40, RP7 or carby cleaner. Replace it, plug it in and see how the car idles then.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post