Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: What is your Marital Status?
Female - In Relationship 58 8.57%
Female - Single 30 4.43%
Male - In Relationship 300 44.31%
Male - Single 289 42.69%
Voters: 677. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 10:08 PM   #91
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Kat
Female here *waves hand from the back row*

Also single... :(
Well, I reckon you're set, the odds are in your favour.
You only need to state your preference of age and car.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:23 PM   #92
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut Queen
There's been a lot of talk about making women feel safe here but I haven't yet heard any women say they don't feel safe. Personally, I've never had a problem here and most of the guys I've spoken to seem to be very decent and respectful blokes. As for the few idiots, there's always going to be some of them everywhere you go and most girls are pretty good at holding their own and taking care of themselves. I also feel secure in the knowledge that everyone here has administrators etc. to help sort out any issues you can't solve yourself. I don't think we need to advertise how safe this forum is for women in order to attract more of them. I don't know of any women who would wonder if they'd be safe before checking out a forum they were interested in.

I think the lack of females is just due to the fact that more guys are interested in cars than girls in our current culture. Finding a partner who has common interests is a great way to start a relationship so I'm not surprised lots of people meet partners here. For those who don't find a girl around here who shares your passion for cars, there's always your star trek conventions ;)
Thanks for speaking up Donut Queen. I realise your disagreeing with me, but that doesn't matter. What matters is your providing input that will help the admin team determine what strategy to take (if any) to encourage more female members if that is possible,- which I think it is.

Colville
Old 11-02-2005, 10:50 PM   #93
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

lol omg how off topic has this thread gone lol

started off as someone wanting to know how many chicks are on AFF and its now turned into a policy and "make women safe" / anti-harrassement thread lol

why cant people just stay on topic :P

btw im all male and i dont think we should worry about trying to get more chicks in quick smart, we want quality here peoples :P and looks like all the chikidies here are quality people so dont ruin it aye :P give it time and she'll be right

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
Old 12-02-2005, 12:23 AM   #94
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut Queen
There's been a lot of talk about making women feel safe here but I haven't yet heard any women say they don't feel safe. Personally, I've never had a problem here and most of the guys I've spoken to seem to be very decent and respectful blokes. As for the few idiots, there's always going to be some of them everywhere you go and most girls are pretty good at holding their own and taking care of themselves. I also feel secure in the knowledge that everyone here has administrators etc. to help sort out any issues you can't solve yourself. I don't think we need to advertise how safe this forum is for women in order to attract more of them. I don't know of any women who would wonder if they'd be safe before checking out a forum they were interested in.

I think the lack of females is just due to the fact that more guys are interested in cars than girls in our current culture. Finding a partner who has common interests is a great way to start a relationship so I'm not surprised lots of people meet partners here. For those who don't find a girl around here who shares your passion for cars, there's always your star trek conventions ;)
I've just ploughed through all 7 pages of this thread. Doughnut Queen is spot on!! Particularly the last paragraph.

Am not suprised nearly all the women are taken. You blokes who have partners who are into cars are so damn lucky!!!

Single bloke here, middle aged, not wealthy, mega fuggly so the odds aren't great!!

But at least I have my cars.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:39 AM   #95
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearman
I've just ploughed through all 7 pages of this thread. Doughnut Queen is spot on!! Particularly the last paragraph.

Am not suprised nearly all the women are taken. You blokes who have partners who are into cars are so damn lucky!!!

Single bloke here, middle aged, not wealthy, mega fuggly so the odds aren't great!!

But at least I have my cars.
lol youve got one up on me with the cars lol, but i got one up on you as im younger hehehehehehe

my mum thinks im cute :

Member of the MTAS

Old 12-02-2005, 05:20 AM   #96
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin_Girl
ok another girl here...

and i think i am the first single one! woohoo exciting :
i just like fords... and that's why i'm here!
PICK ME, PICK ME :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Kat
Female here *waves hand from the back row*

Also single... :(
PICK ME, PICK ME :

Just joking.
Start of last year I had a girlfriend & money. Ended up mid year, no money, no girlfriend. She didn't like fords... Nuff said.
7 months later, still single and i just bought a V8
At the moment I'd rather the V8 than a girl friend, It's cheaper to run & I love it.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:21 AM   #97
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6

Just joking.
Start of last year I had a girlfriend & money. Ended up mid year, no money, no girlfriend. She didn't like fords... Nuff said.
At the moment I'd rather the V8 than a girl friend, It's cheaper to run & I love it.
Obviously going out with the wrong kind of girls if its costing you alot of money. :nutsycuck

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
Old 12-02-2005, 08:36 AM   #98
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

Definately would have to agree with that you are most correct wrong kind of girl indeed.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:14 PM   #99
Bubbly
Blonde Bomb

im a chick and married hmm dont think hubby has got off his butt and registered here yet. maybe i should stop making him work on me car :P
Old 12-02-2005, 02:41 PM   #100
Black Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
PICK ME, PICK ME :
PICK ME, PICK ME :

Just joking.

Mhm, but a V8 & the right type of girl is even better. Or that is man in my case.

Old 12-02-2005, 02:49 PM   #101
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Yes, definitely the wrong kind of girl.
I'm just a big softie & can't say no for requests like
"can i just borrow $50 and I'll pay you back on pay day"
"i need $100 or they're cancelling my modelling course"
"can i borrow $80 to get my lay-by off and i'll definitely pay you back"

That sort of thing can't go on forever and, well... it didn't
Old 12-02-2005, 04:45 PM   #102
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Hey all,

I started this thread out of interest, wondering how many chickies are on AFF. I didn't mean for it to be so messed up!

It's fine the way it is. If women didn't like it, guess what? WE WOULDN'T BE HERE. Simple.

At least there are a couple of single chickies here, that'll keep the men perked up so to speak :Reverend:

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:49 PM   #103
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont think its messed up bindi ;)

This is what a forum is all about ....... a topic .... going off topic & getting back to it :P

I agree with you on the other counts though ....... I love this place & if someone else whether their male or female dont like it ... its their loss not mine ;)
Old 12-02-2005, 05:38 PM   #104
Leah
www.madel.com.au

haha wow, its funny how quick this thread went from topic, off topic, back to topic and so forth.

Oh, and I completly agree with Bindi in that if people, both male and female didnt like being on here, I'm sure they wouldn't be. So there's my 2cents worth. :

Anyways, great to hear of other chickidees on here, and hope to see more at future cruises! :

Last edited by Leah; 12-02-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:41 PM   #105
MadManz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
Hey all,

I started this thread out of interest, wondering how many chickies are on AFF. I didn't mean for it to be so messed up!

It's fine the way it is. If women didn't like it, guess what? WE WOULDN'T BE HERE. Simple.

At least there are a couple of single chickies here, that'll keep the men perked up so to speak :Reverend:

LoL, just means all the single fellas have to sift through the off topic to find em!!!

Old 13-02-2005, 02:37 PM   #106
Pursuit_chick
E-series mutantette

woohoo chicky here : but am also taken b y Perana_XR8 :P : :
Future mods: Speed Holes!
Old 14-02-2005, 03:42 AM   #107
XRchic
Hello

Hi everyone. Well, needless to say, Im a chic for those who dont know me - haha also attached to the one and only Cobra. We actually did meet on the forums and have formed a rather unexpected parntership. I am so glad I joined to forums a year ago now, otherwise I wouldnt have met Cobra at all, since he is interstate (not for long).

Since Ive been on the forums I have also met some great people, and I now have some awesome friends from here, who I count among my best mates.

I agree with Nic (DQ). I have never felt intimated, threatened or harrassed on here. I think I give as good as I get in any case, and I have a thick skin. I dont mind the jokes either, it's all in good fun, there is no intention to harrass anyone, and I think that if people take it that way, then they have to lighten up a whole lot - one cannot go through life taking offence at every little thing!

Um yeah, Im into cars in a fairly big way. I love my car, I love Fords (have been brought up that way) and I love the V8 Supercars. Ive been brought up around cars all my life, and recently Ive become addicted to the drags as well - nothing like living for the next mod and the next tenth of your time to get a new PB!

And I agree with whoever said no pink! I dont think the forums should be changed to accommodate more females. I think the way it is is just right, and the chics who do come on here, do so because of the way it is. It just wouldnt be right if it were changed to cater for a different kind of girl. We may be rare (ie car chics) but if we are on here, then its good... dont go changing it to be more chic friendly - then it wont be the thing that we like so much. If some girls dont like it the way it is, then do we really want them on here? Sounds harsh, but I think its the way it is... Having said that, more car chics on here would be awesome, but over the last year, I have seen a LOT more chics on here, which is great!

Nope, leave the forums as they are, and the right chics will come and the ones who are here will stay. And I dont think all chics are ready to jump down the throats of guys who make sexist joke - most of us are pretty relaxed and see the funny side of it, so dont go modifiying your behaviour for us! If a car salesman behaves like a sexist pig, I will go off my nut. If the guys in here make sexists jokes, its nothing more than amusing because I know its not intended to offend.

And happy Valentines Day everyone. And especially happy Valentines Day to my baby!

Jac

: Cobra :
Old 14-02-2005, 11:36 AM   #108
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
I agree with Nic (DQ). I have never felt intimated, threatened or harrassed on here. I think I give as good as I get in any case, and I have a thick skin. I dont mind the jokes either, it's all in good fun, there is no intention to harrass anyone, and I think that if people take it that way, then they have to lighten up a whole lot - one cannot go through life taking offence at every little thing!
Sadly a lot of people cannot take a joke, and thats not just the girls! Political correctness, is just sanctity for those wanting to force their thoughts onto others, or to bang on with a tired cause. Harrassment is something quite different from having a joke and would never be tolerated by the OPs or more importantly by the membership of the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
And I agree with whoever said no pink! I dont think the forums should be changed to accommodate more females. I think the way it is is just right, and the chics who do come on here, do so because of the way it is. It just wouldnt be right if it were changed to cater for a different kind of girl. We may be rare (ie car chics) but if we are on here, then its good... dont go changing it to be more chic friendly - then it wont be the thing that we like so much. If some girls dont like it the way it is, then do we really want them on here? Sounds harsh, but I think its the way it is... Having said that, more car chics on here would be awesome, but over the last year, I have seen a LOT more chics on here, which is great!
Being the one responsible for the "pink" and the "furniture rearrangment" comments, I can assure you it was tongue in cheek. If some choose to see those remarks as sexist then its their issue to deal with not everybody elses.

Things Automotive are generally a male environment but not exclusively so. It is great to see the number of ladies that feel welcome and included here its not "Blokesworld" even if some of us occasionally put on the pretence that it is.

Minge asked how to attract more ladies to the forum. As Jaq has already stated, more of the same will attract plenty more of the right people from either sex.

Harrassment of any kind, political correctness, pink curtains or neandathal attiudes not required. And SOH is a valuable thing for surviving and even enjoying this crazy world.

David.
Old 14-02-2005, 12:04 PM   #109
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

political correctness = people who cant joke about themselves :P

now back on topic.............

all you taken chicks ened to bring your female ford fans along and get em to join up :P
cause i dont like these male to single females odds :s lol

Member of the MTAS

Old 15-02-2005, 10:46 AM   #110
missfairmont
Living it up in London

: Another chicki here.. But also taken.........:
Old 15-02-2005, 10:52 AM   #111
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by missfairmont
: Another chicki here.. But also taken.........:
and i thought it was only us guys that were misunderstood
Old 15-02-2005, 08:18 PM   #112
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

Sorry to say guys, but if you think you are going to find a chick while sitting in fron of you PC posting on a car forum you have alot to learn!
Old 15-02-2005, 08:25 PM   #113
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i_SiX
Sorry to say guys, but if you think you are going to find a chick while sitting in fron of you PC posting on a car forum you have alot to learn!
I met Kelly through the forums and Cobra met XRchic through them too! Didnt expect it or anything at all.. but it did and can happen!

Last edited by Perana XR8; 15-02-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Old 15-02-2005, 08:35 PM   #114
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perana XR8
I met Kelly through the forums and Cobra met XRchic through them too! Didnt expect it or anything at all.. but it did happen!

ok ok, rare instances may happen ;)
good on ya though :P
Old 15-02-2005, 08:41 PM   #115
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

*puts up hand*

Me and Feathers too
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
Old 15-02-2005, 08:44 PM   #116
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i_SiX
No actually it is possible to meet someone while sitting infront of your pc
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
Old 15-02-2005, 08:56 PM   #117
XR8GRL