Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 19-03-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Default new engine time

I’m researching going down the rebuild path for my poor car as it would probably last me another 100 thou but it would be a tired 100.

I was more concentrating on the bottom end and making it strong and reliable. I’m thinking an ACL Race kit and a few other goodies.

However some one told me that there was a shop (possibly a club sponsor) that did exchange short motors with all the goods already fitted.

Who are these people and what’s there contact number?

Oh yeah ill also be using a standalone MegaSquirt2 Engine management system which will keep this monster 6 in front of all the 8's! :

Also does anyone own a Honda?

Old 19-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #2
BOSS 8
FG GT

Drew when I first read the Title I thought you had finally realised the error of your ways and was going to put a real engine in your car(V8) : but then I kept reading and to my dismay seen you were still proceeding down the same foolish path :yeees: When will you boy's learn ing_sm
BOSS 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 11:47 PM   #3
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS 8
Drew when I first read the Title I thought you had finally realised the error of your ways and was going to put a real engine in your car(V8) : but then I kept reading and to my dismay seen you were still proceeding down the same foolish path :yeees: When will you boy's learn ing_sm

Yes I am young and foolish, however for the moment I would still like to get 6-700kms to a tank a fuel in stead of 4-450 in the 8. I might just play the "the V8 is too powerful for a young kid like me" card! Either way there will be Boost involved and some very jealous 8 drivers.
Old 20-03-2006, 01:37 AM   #4
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

I own a honda!
Old 20-03-2006, 08:50 AM   #5
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass

Oh yeah ill also be using a standalone MegaSquirt2 Engine management system which will keep this monster 6 in front of all the 8's!
Bwhahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS 8
Bwhahahahaha. I was thinking the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
I might just play the "the V8 is too powerful for a young kid like me" card! Either way there will be Boost involved and some very jealous 8 drivers.
Bwhahahahahahaha. This thread is cracking me up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4u
I own a Honda!
Bwhahahahahahahahaha OMG, I have not laugh so much in my life. This is a funny thread you started Drew..... I've got stomach cramps from laughing so much...

Regarding you short motor. I think it might be Bob romanoe(Spell?) that did the short engine exchange.... Nathan at Herrods look after you also.

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 10:56 AM   #6
SP Ken

G'day Drew,

Also have a look at another Club Sponsor - Bryant Engineering. I think they did some work for Grunter as well.

http://www.bryantengineering.com.au/default.htm
Cheers,

Ken
Old 20-03-2006, 12:22 PM   #7
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4u
I own a honda!
Want to supercharge it?

Thanks for the links guys ill look into it, Nathan from Herrod....not sure if he is interested in the SOHC 6's Ill give he a buzz anyway.

Jabba, the GT doesnt run away...it only creeps.

Up the 6 with 44deg of advanced timing!!!! *waits for the big bang*
Old 24-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #8
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

I spoke to Bryant Engineering and they are one of the nicest people i have spoken to over the phone in regards to rebuilding my engine.
Very happy with there service and i could tell they were being honest with me.

Thumbs up Ill be getting it done there.....now where did i put my cheque book?