Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 22-03-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
xt3valve
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Kenne Bell for 3v

Just wondering if this kit for the 4v 5.4l could be adapted to suit the 3v 5.4l. I have the bulge bonnet so clearance wouldnt be a problem. Im seriously looking at my options for supercharging my 3v. Looking to get a intercooled supercharger fitted within the next few months. If this kit couldnt be adapted what would be your opinion on the next best thing. I have seen the CAPA kit for the 3v but it looks too cheap and nasty. Im happy to spend around the 12-13k mark.

Cheers
Shaun

Gearbox: Fully rebuilt BTR 4sp, Chryogenicaly treated, high stall
490rwhp E85
xt3valve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 09:27 AM   #2
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by xt3valve
Just wondering if this kit for the 4v 5.4l could be adapted to suit the 3v 5.4l. I have the bulge bonnet so clearance wouldnt be a problem. Im seriously looking at my options for supercharging my 3v. Looking to get a intercooled supercharger fitted within the next few months. If this kit couldnt be adapted what would be your opinion on the next best thing. I have seen the CAPA kit for the 3v but it looks too cheap and nasty. Im happy to spend around the 12-13k mark.

Cheers
Shaun
Shaun,

Supercharging is expensive. A BPR Kenne Bell system has awesome potential, but we feel that you need a total budget of around 20-30k if your going to push it.

The kit is cheap, however you will need to budget for an engine and assiciated peripherals, and this gets expensive quickly.

Is your car manual or auto??

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 10:55 PM   #3
xt3valve
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My 3v is an auto.

20-30 grand sounds very expencive. Im not looking to break any power records or anything. I just want a good reliable supercharger that makes good power for the street/strip. Not pluging or anything but bpt sell there PD kits for 14 grand all in. So could you please explain where the extra 16 grand comes in. Im just looking at my options thats all. And could you please answer my question could the KB kit be made to fit the 3v 5.4l. Wouldnt the measurements be the same. Just different heads. I would like to go PD but may have to go Centrifugal by the looks of it.

Thanks
Shaun
490rwhp E85
Old 26-03-2008, 09:09 AM   #4
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
My 3v is an auto.

20-30 grand sounds very expencive. Im not looking to break any power records or anything. I just want a good reliable supercharger that makes good power for the street/strip. Not pluging or anything but bpt sell there PD kits for 14 grand all in. So could you please explain where the extra 16 grand comes in. Im just looking at my options thats all. And could you please answer my question could the KB kit be made to fit the 3v 5.4l. Wouldnt the measurements be the same. Just different heads. I would like to go PD but may have to go Centrifugal by the looks of it.

Thanks
Shaun
Shaun,

We are looking at the 3v as a proposition, however due to market forces, we will be concentrating on development of our LS1/LS2 kit, and our FG ORION Boss kit.

The 3v is quite a limited market.

A budget of 20 to 30 will include the following,

BPR Intercooled blower kit with a 2.6 twin screw compressor
BPR airbox
Difilippo Exhaust
Fully speccd BPR engine
Clutch/converter to suit
"Gun" fuel system
modified engine mounts........

and you should at least get some change.

Its not as "easy" to just throw a blower on a manifold. We are not in the business of slapping a kit together. If we were to pursue the 3v, we will buy a car, build and test a prototype manifold, build a pattern, cast a test piece, write a CNC and then go into production.

After the kit is readied, and say you want to run one on your car, the BPR KB range are proven for their poundage to be the most efficient setup in Aust, and the facts are shaun that you could easily get addicted, and continue to search for power. Easy for you to settle on a certain power level, and thats fine, but if you want to "stand" on it with confidence, a built engine is the only way to go.

Chris

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 26-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #5
xt3valve
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Chris for clearing that up for me.

I understand where you are coming from now.

And when you say you could easily get addicted well then call me an addict .

Keep up the good work mate

Shaun
490rwhp E85
Old 26-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #6
Rooster
Gimme Shelter

Cool

Chrisso,

BPR finance? 24 months interest free?

Benny H
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2008, 08:26 PM   #7
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
T

And when you say you could easily get addicted well then call me an addict .
Me yes addict. :hihi:
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #8
punktured

I was in the same boat as you, I asked Chris a few months back on a KB setup for a 3v, then he told me the price and i kinda put it in the back of my head for a while. Then he decided to do a stupid thing last week and take me for a drive in his ute! So now 3v is coming out a Boss + KB is going in ;)
punktured is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
lukep

Quote:
Originally Posted by punktured
I was in the same boat as you, I asked Chris a few months back on a KB setup for a 3v, then he told me the price and i kinda put it in the back of my head for a while. Then he decided to do a stupid thing last week and take me for a drive in his ute! So now 3v is coming out a Boss + KB is going in ;)
if you dont mind me asking how much is that gona set you back and whats involved?
lukep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 10:07 PM   #10
punktured

I'll be looking at about 15-20k all up. It just depends how much i can get a good Boss 290 for.

There's a bit involved but nothing major, from what Chris has said the Boss will just drop in and don't need to change the ECU but i will need Billet oil gears, new extractors, underdrives and a tune. Also will need to get a Boss bonnet for the engine to fit. Once all that is done it's just a matter of getting Chris to put one of his blower kits on
punktured is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #11
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry to dig up an old thread, but what are the chances of a KB kit to suit an AU xr8??
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2008, 09:10 AM   #12
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVd_uP
sorry to dig up an old thread, but what are the chances of a KB kit to suit an AU xr8??
It can be done, just watch those little rod bolts.....

www.bluepower.com.au

Old 10-11-2008, 11:00 PM   #13
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have you done them before??? if so, what kinda dollars would we be looking at, for something relatively mild, on a near standard motor
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #14
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVd_uP
also have a friend who would be interisted in an approx price for a KB kit to suit an AUII 220kw XR8..
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post