Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-02-2006, 10:40 PM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default It's Time - How much? - Price my car!

Hey guys...

It's not for sale just yet, but out of curiousity how much would i get for the Fiesta Zetec?

September 2004 Aquarius Fiesta Zetec - manual
- Rego till Sept 2006
- 29,500km
- German Wolf Rear Wing
- Tint
- 16 inch optional Ford wheels
- Pedders Sports Ryder - might be put to stock height again
- Never been in an accident as yet
- Always filled with BP Ultimate - and 5W-30 Synthetic Engine Oil
- Paint in great condition - always kept clean for work!
- Euro premium plates

What do you all think - What price can i put on my pride and joy? And, should it have the lowered springs on it when i sell it? What might i think of getting for Trade- in also?

Cheers!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #2
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

"Ill give u 75c for the whole car, including ur chick" - Quote from Grease

Anyways, id be loooking at $14000 -15000 and nothing less.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:59 PM   #3
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Anyways, id be loooking at $14000 -15000 and nothing less.
Unfortunately for that price i would be keeping the car... and waiting for a Novated Lease with my new car.

*EDIT*
also include:
- Ford Fiesta car mats - don't we all get that?
- Fully serviced by Ford - regularly changed engine oil
(can't edit original post 20mins after it was made... so yep)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 01-02-2006, 11:08 PM   #4
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

How much were u think of then?? i definitly would be expecting the same with mine

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 01-02-2006 at 11:20 PM.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 11:08 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

OK to be honest. write off any mod that's not a factory option. Ignore lowering, ignore all mods, they bring virtually not a cent more. All they do is increase the chance of selling it quickly for the price it should be anyway.

Stuff like fully serviced by ford etc, good paint, that's all a given unfortunately. You only get marked DOWN if it isn't, no bonus points for good tyres, good paint and full service history. Never been in accident - given. Always used Premium - sorry can't prove. It's great and it would honestly appear like a well looked after car and be a great buy, but those things unforutnately do bugger all. You might as well just give the year, the k's, the overall condition (i.e. excellent, good, fair) and the factory 16" wheels. Beyond that, y'all ain't getting no more money.

No idea on price, just wanted to help so you didn't expect too much.

How old is it, how many k's, what build year and what is the RRP including the rims? What did you then pay for it after discount?
Old 01-02-2006, 11:28 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

$13,000 id say.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:14 AM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
$13,000 id say.
Pretty sure someone in Adelaide just sold an LX with my rims for $15,500... So, i guess the premium price starts from there!

And Matt, i totally understand you. I wouldn't advertise it as i wrote here... Just giving everyone on the forum a description of it all. I think the cruncher will be that it is immaculate condition and well looked after. And yes, the tyres are going - I'll put 195s back on it. And the suspension will be stock once more.

I was thinking

2004 Ford Fiesta Zetec - manual
Aquarius
26,500km (yes, there is a mistake on the original post - again cannot edit that!)
Tint
16 inch optional ford wheels
Rear Spoiler
Dealer-fitted upgrade alarm

HOPEFULLY $18,000 o.n.o (Ideally somewhere from $16,000 to $18,000) - I know dealer cars are no representation, but Ford has a Black Zetec with 15,000km for about $18,990 i think - and it is stock as

Old 02-02-2006, 12:17 AM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

OH, and also - this is all hypothetical for now. I'm just weighting up all my options.

Still have to factor into my decision:
- new or used
- how much $$ should i have first?
- loan or novated lease
- future employment options
- lease provider
- If a lease; the car will be under my name. So, hence insurance will be a KILLER

Old 02-02-2006, 06:07 AM   #9
na01

I'm not entirely sure how much second hand Fiesta's are worth but I was expecting to sell mine at towards end of year and thinking around $17,000 was going to be a decent if could get that much....
It will be stock 05 model (late Nov) manual Blk Zetec, should have about 10K~13K (I'm trying to keep the K's down), Fords optional body kit including spoiler, Rims and tint.
It'll be nice if I could fetch more but don't know if you could...

I'm really looking forward to updgrading to a sports car!!

oops didn't mean to hijack this thread but when the selling time come I hope you get what you're after teki
na01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 07:57 AM   #10
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Its the old story, seller wants top dollars. Buyer wants a bargain. You run into problems selling a car when you ask for the same or more than you can buy a new one for. Even if the new car is a lower model with less options fitted. Good luck with it though..... You mentioned novated leasing a car. Good way to go, that is how I have my BF XR8 set up.
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:01 PM   #11
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yea... I have a few months to go. However, the car I would like to purchase has finished production - and supply is slowing disappearing. So - at the moment I just need to save as much $$$ as possible so i can sell the Fiesta. Sure, I would like $17,000. But I will settle for less i guess. Really just depends how desperate I become and how cheap I can buy the car I want for.

Old 02-02-2006, 12:30 PM   #12
Stampy

My wife wants a Auto Zetec with body kit and 16" wheels , I haven't found the perfect one but prices are about 16k
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:34 PM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampy
My wife wants a Auto Zetec with body kit and 16" wheels , I haven't found the perfect one but prices are about 16k
Manual is more fun...

Old 02-02-2006, 02:30 PM   #14
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Its time, how much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Manual is more fun...

His wife wants the car, most women prefer autos ESPECIALLY in the city.
Plus thats 16k for an auto which is more expensive to start off with,plus the bodykit and the 16 inch alloys.

So if there are auto zetecs with bodykits going for 16 (guess it depends on kms aswwell) then i guess for a manual zetec with the optional 16s might go for a little less seeing almost 30 thousand kms is quite alot for such a new car.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 05:06 PM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yes, true Mitch - but the majority of Fiestas i see are $16K-$18K.... thats not to say I haven't seen them for more! I've seen a black Fiesta Zetec in manual for $19,990.

Hatchback world in Haberfield - Red Zetec Manual - 10000km and it is on the market for $16,999... and has been in a rear end accident (quite evident on the rear hatch if you look closely). So, I'm going to Aim for around the $17,000 mark

2004 Zetec White - 17000km for $18,990
2005 Zetec Sublime (yellow) - 22000km for $18,990
2004 Zetec White - 28000km for $16,990
2004 Zetec Aquarius - 26000km for $16,500
2004 Zetec Silver - 8200km for $16,000

Old 02-02-2006, 06:05 PM   #16
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

I think 17k would be a good place to start. Depends on whos buying of course.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 01:17 AM   #17
Mezetec
Blue Bunny

Exclamation Omg?

to giv u an idea as a buyer... i bought my zetec in NOV 05 (used) it had 14000ks and it is a SEPT 04 AQUArious also i paid $15300 with 12mnths reg.

i cant believe that red zetec is still for sale @haberfield!!! i looked at it in OCT and my bf noticed the bump in the back and the dealer told me it had never been in an accident which is the reason i neva went back (LIAR) ing_sm :gren:
Mezetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 01:48 AM   #18
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezetec
to giv u an idea as a buyer... i bought my zetec in NOV 05 (used) it had 14000ks and it is a SEPT 04 AQUArious also i paid $15300 with 12mnths reg.

i cant believe that red zetec is still for sale @haberfield!!! i looked at it in OCT and my bf noticed the bump in the back and the dealer told me it had never been in an accident which is the reason i neva went back (LIAR) ing_sm :gren:
Haha - lucky you too realised. Pretty bad job they did of that rear hatch. The black surrounding to the window is even scratched... between the glass and metal! Those guys there are pathetic. When i was looking at the Fiesta, I gave them a list of cars i would consider, low Kms... and how much. I got no phone call from them. When i got my car i went there and teased him.

"Oh, your back again. Still looking?"
"Nope, that's mine over there!"
"Oh, how much did that set you back?"
"The same as i was willing to pay for the SRi 2.2L or Pug 306 XSi"
"Oh right"

The expression on his face was hilarious. Lost business? Definetly!

Old 03-02-2006, 01:49 AM   #19
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Hey Mezetec,

You wouldn't happen to be the Fiesta that was parked behind me ages ago behind Norton Street? (7/11 side)... in that street with heaps of speed humps running parallel to Norton Street.

Steven

Old 04-02-2006, 06:31 PM   #20
Mezetec
Blue Bunny

i know where u are talkin bout leichhardt but my fez hasnt been there as yet i dont think.

Anyways i went past hatchback world today on the way to Bob jane and the red fiesta is still there!!!! What losers...
Mezetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 12:43 AM   #21
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezetec
Anyways i went past hatchback world today on the way to Bob jane and the red fiesta is still there!!!! What losers...
Still there.... for $16,990 with rear damage!

Old 14-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #22
whippet_zetec
Supes

mm...for me I reckon you'd be doing good to get $15,500 or a little above for it...I figure if dealers are selling em at the prices you have above I'd be wanting to knock down $2,000-$1,500 off those prices before I'd buy.

In addition to that, we've seen you on cruises dont forget, we know how you drive :P
Old 14-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #23
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet_zetec
mm...for me I reckon you'd be doing good to get $15,500 or a little above for it...I figure if dealers are selling em at the prices you have above I'd be wanting to knock down $2,000-$1,500 off those prices before I'd buy.

In addition to that, we've seen you on cruises dont forget, we know how you drive :P
I'm an enthusiast though... So at the same time, i look after my car. NO chance I'm dropping down the price, as i have new tyres worth $210 each a corner. Not to mention other stuff i have done to it...

And, when i compare it to the private sales... i am about $490 more expensive then some on one site, and smack in the middle on another site. So... pretty good value. Will see how i go!