Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-04-2020, 07:49 PM   #1
CJR09
RPO 77

Default Sim Rigs

So with the apparent success of the iRacing series for Supercars, Carts, Nascar etc I thought it was prudent to have a crack.

I'm sure there must be some in here that are probably into it hard out - so I had a quick search but didnt come up with anything...

I harken from the days of c64, amiga500 etc - transitioned to ps1 & 2 when they came along but that is about where it was left...

So I dug out an old desktop that was left over from some study a few years ago, nothing spectacular and i didn't really think it would have the specs required to run the sim.

But turns out its not too bad - HP Elite 8300, i5, 500gb hdd with 8gb ram.

I have ordered a logitech g29, hopefully arrive next week, ill just use the lounge tv for now

I am going to throw a graphics card at it so would like to know if this one is suitable - https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/VGA...I-E-Graphics-C

Are they fairly generic things where doesn't really matter which you buy they all fit and work or are there traps - like i imagine with the age of this setup i can probably only go a certain size before it's maxxed out?

Happy enough to spend up to a couple hundy - looks like i could get 4gb for that - maybe that's overkill?

Help and advice appreciated

Please feel free to give examples of your own rigs and pics if you want - I'm going to look at a cockpit and triple screen setup once the tower is sorted

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: