Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 18-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
smally289
growing up is optional

Default Show Us Your Man Cave

Like the title suggests, throw up some pics of your Man Cave.
I'm buying a house with a lined single garage that is a bit of a blank canvas and intend to turn it into a Man Cave. Finally I will have somewhere to put my die cast cars, posters and other bits I have collected over the years. A TV, lounge suite and bar will also have to be in there too. Basically I'm after ideas for the layout and colour schemes, so show me what you've got!

Old 18-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Show Us Your Man Cave

I'm keen to see this thread progress

I'm in the process of building mine, but I'm not big on the bar and lounge thing so basicaly it will have a beer firdge and a few chairs and basicaly be my hot rod shop with a truck load of tools and a stereo, but I'm keen to see others Ideas

heres a cool video of a place in the states
http://bcove.me/a52ky1yi

and some art work our own Jabair has in his shed

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/jab65/IMGP0953.jpg[/img]

I have a few toys to trow in and arround it though, I picked up my self a 50's Glibarco petrol bowser and a few other autobillia peices so it will be more than just my shed, and as I have recently wound up my fathers busienss after he passed away I will be using all the old signage from his workshop right down to the MTA licence number sign

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)

Last edited by The Yeti; 18-08-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 18-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #3
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I’ll take some pics tonight…

My man cave is my entire place. 1 bedroom townhouse…

Lounge = couch, big LCD, PS3, table setup permanently with my Logitech wheel, coffee table with laptop always open and on, surround sound.
Dining area = Table doesn’t get used for eating just piles of clean clothes, mountain bike leaning against table, brushless 1:10 RC car on one chair.
Kitchen = Deep fryer always out, assortment of alcohol lining one splashback, slab of xxxx summers on an unused part of bench, cast iron pan always ready to go on cooktop.
Bedroom (upstairs) = king size bed with one side always made because I only sleep on one side, desk full of crap, mirror for ‘mirin myself, dvds out the wazoo, built in robe with enough clothes to put a girls ‘drobe to shame, box of frangers within arms reach of bed.
Bathroom = Clothes on the floor I’m too lazy to take downstairs and wash, shaving stuff on bench, enough toilet paper to last an apocalypse.

It’s always funny when a girl comes around cos they always make a remark about how you can tell it’s a single guys house. Hahah.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 18-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
I’ll take some pics tonight…

My man cave is my entire place. 1 bedroom townhouse…

Lounge = couch, big LCD, PS3, table setup permanently with my Logitech wheel, coffee table with laptop always open and on, surround sound.
Dining area = Table doesn’t get used for eating just piles of clean clothes, mountain bike leaning against table, brushless 1:10 RC car on one chair.
Kitchen = Deep fryer always out, assortment of alcohol lining one splashback, slab of xxxx summers on an unused part of bench, cast iron pan always ready to go on cooktop.
Bedroom (upstairs) = king size bed with one side always made because I only sleep on one side, desk full of crap, mirror for ‘mirin myself, dvds out the wazoo, built in robe with enough clothes to put a girls ‘drobe to shame, box of frangers within arms reach of bed.
Bathroom = Clothes on the floor I’m too lazy to take downstairs and wash, shaving stuff on bench, enough toilet paper to last an apocalypse.

It’s always funny when a girl comes around cos they always make a remark about how you can tell it’s a single guys house. Hahah.

Old 18-08-2011, 01:35 PM   #5
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11193378

Already a thread on this guys
Old 18-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't really have my own, we got my mates garage though which is our group of friends 'camp fire'

It's called the Pirate bar and we've been using it since we were about 15, we're all 23 now. First off started as a few deck chairs surrounding a few old steelies stacked on top of each other with an ash tray on top and a stereo and we'd just sit down and drink a few beers and smoke lol Every Wednesday night we'd be in there, starting to die off nowdays but still get a 'bit' sloshed in there once a month usually. Eventually the steelies were replaced with an empty keg

Gradually it got better and better. We've all donated bits and pieces to the Pirate Bar. Now there's a TV, PS2, A 16ft boat (the 2nd one, first was tossed after we put it into another mates pool and got drunk in it. This ones a work in progress - not yet seaworthy) 2 different stereos, 2 leather lounges, another cloth lounge, a coffee table (with a wood top, we broke the glass one lol), posters, about 200 drawings we've done when we're messed up and feeling "creative", flags, a spear gun, a train set tied to the roof but we've never used it, a fridge, cupboard for cups and yeah.. I've just brought back 3 Vargas Pinup drawings from Paris to classy up the place haha

We've been through about 3 rugs because we spill beer and it gets mouldy lol
Jezzaa the owner. I gotta get some more photos
Old 18-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Agreed, one is enough, but a good topic though so lets see the other one steam ahead.