Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 25-09-2021, 08:50 PM   #15301
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Not at all mate but I think you are missing the point.

What is true in the reporting of these protests, who is doing it and why?

Rebel news were there on the scene, they released the 'shocking footage' and continue to run with the line it was an elderly woman.

Why no interview with the victim? No follow up story with the family, how their beloved Ganny was attacked on the way to the shops?

Rebel news did not follow up on the story because they know full well it is BS.

Rebel news could have set it up.

You are being lied to mate, you are being stooged.
Rebel news is as reliable as mainstream news. They all frame it in whatever way suits them on the day.
This user likes this post:
Old 25-09-2021, 09:23 PM   #15302
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Not surprised. Roads look busier than it has been for a long long time.

The road map to the next phase of restrictions being eased in contingent on vax rate. It doesn't mention anything on number of cases. So for a lot of people, especially those vaxxed, they are starting to go do their own thing. And cops are too busy catching the insurrectors.

Funny, this morning I was out walking the dog on a section of the yarra trail. There was no one around at that time so I had my mask down. Out of no where two cops showed up, and I thought I was done. Both gave a nod and a "gday" and kept going.
I do plenty of walking for exercise and never wear my mask but do carry it with me and I have never been stopped by police but I will put it on if approaching other walkers.
3 users like this post:
Old 25-09-2021, 09:26 PM   #15303
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Rebel news is as reliable as mainstream news. They all frame it in whatever way suits them on the day.
Exactly! every news outlet will set its own agenda with reporting news.
Old 25-09-2021, 11:18 PM   #15304
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Every time I see your username I can't help but answer "Mario!"

The difference with media is the smaller it is the more it conforms to a single persons agenda. Before murdoch/fox said it was entertainment and didn't actually need to be factual, the larger news outlets had a more neutral agenda.
I'm not here to defend media as most of them are rubbish now, but the smaller the news org the worse it is.

A single person or a few people with a stream on the internet show = garbage still is guaranteed. They are only doing it for one reason - to find an audience. You could say that about any media and I'm not trying to defend it all, but lower the stakes the more BS you'll find.

That guy sure seemed keen to split unions/workers from labor for example, that was his agenda and it was clear.
Old 25-09-2021, 11:50 PM   #15305
nstg8a

Old 26-09-2021, 12:11 AM   #15306
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Increasingly, the conduct of Sydneians is suggesting they’re over lockdown and aren’t too fussed with strictly following the remaining rules. The generally unregulated large crowds at a couple of beaches into Friday night, perhaps the most public example to date. If you use Waze for a while you can see the policing trends and they’re not hard to work around if you desire.
Old 26-09-2021, 12:13 AM   #15307
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

2nd AZ shot got me feeling like Danny Zuko...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 26-09-2021, 12:21 AM   #15308
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
Apart from the moot point that the plural of hero is heroes, the point is well made but then there were no vaccines last year so they couldn't have had one anyway.

Also, to be accurate, Victoria, NSW, WA, Tasmania and Queensland have made COVID-19 vaccinations mandatory for healthcare workers, and also included GP and medical clinic staff in those mandates and then we get back to that word 'choice' again and much as the health care workers on the front-line deserve our respect and admiration for the job they have done, those are the rules under which they are employed in the future and if they choose not to adhere to those requirements then they choose to be unemployed.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 26-09-2021, 01:26 AM   #15309
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Not at all mate but I think you are missing the point.

What is true in the reporting of these protests, who is doing it and why?

Rebel news were there on the scene, they released the 'shocking footage' and continue to run with the line it was an elderly woman.

Why no interview with the victim? No follow up story with the family, how their beloved Ganny was attacked on the way to the shops?

Rebel news did not follow up on the story because they know full well it is BS.

Rebel news could have set it up.

You are being lied to mate, you are being stooged.
I think you’re missing the point. The footage doesn’t lie.
What do you mean it was set up by rebel news? Did rebel news get their mates to dress up as police and start beating protestors?

A person is standing still in the middle of the street when they are violently pushed over and pepper sprayed. Have you seen all the stories over the past several decades about people being punched or pushed over and being killed by a single blow to the head? It’s risky to do that to anyone.
The genderless person was not committing any violence towards anyone when they were attacked.
They may have been breaking the law, but trained professionals shouldn’t be committing violence because they are frustrated with people breaking laws.

You’re being stooged thinking this is acceptable behaviour by trained professionals.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2021, 01:56 AM   #15310
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you go down that route I have to say you never spoke out as being pro BLM r against cops when the victims were different.

E: For the record all your comments back then were pro right wing, pro avi and right wing media, pro cops, anti left etc.
So what you're saying is disingenuous and only to suit your own beliefs. IE it means nothing compared to people that have consistent views and don't twist things to suit their story.

Last edited by oldel; 26-09-2021 at 02:09 AM.
Old 26-09-2021, 08:22 AM   #15311
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IMHO, the reason why these so called media channels, like Rebel, get a look in with the public is because there is a lot of gutter journalism in MSM, from both sides of the coin. People have lost faith, and naturally then jump on the internet looking for alternative facts that suits their views. People tend to believe what they expect.

For example, there has been lots of publicity of police spraying the she who could be a he, but those articles never show what happened moments beforehand...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1440092520143228936

https://twitter.com/i/status/1439109028257222659

Despite MSM being in the gutter these days, they at least have to abide by a code of conduct and are somewhat regulated. Hence why we keep seeing Sky News presenters having to issue formal apologies and/or have their channels banned.

I haven't really followed this Rukshan fella, but he doesn't seem to be as fringe as Rebel. I see he is getting some publicity over in the US though with Fox News, not surprising. Scomo's facebook account was also recently seen logging into Rukshan's live feed during his US trip haha.....

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 26-09-2021, 11:02 AM   #15312
slowsnake
Banned

I think the problem with modern media, past 20 years when all this digital phone stuff come along, it's just that every man and his dog is now an "on the spot reporter and cameraman".....
Medical doctors, nurses, dentists etc, etc all take an oath to do no harm, of course it's meaningless to the former if they are narcissistic psychopaths, and believe me I've met them, lots of them, and police officers and the clergy!.......

Well journalist's who are really " Clayton's " journalists take no such oath, and they can also hide behind a user name, and if they do it from the dark net you will not identify em!
Take everything with a pinch of salt if it's media related, so sad

Cheers Billy
3 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2021, 12:18 PM   #15313
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Good result from NSW respective to it’s recent testing counts. Will we high-five Victoria as one state passes the other?

And a side note, less acknowledged but of significance. Vaccine-related clotting deaths in Australia have apparently been remarkably low compared to extrapolation from the trends in other countries. It seems that we’ve taken their experiences on board to do a Good Job with this. I would expect this gain in facility will assist in fast, effective treatment of other clotting events with different origins.
Old 26-09-2021, 12:54 PM   #15314
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT September 25th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,856 new cases for Australia and 12 deaths so the CMR is 1.274%.

18 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.649%.

The UK had 29,746 cases yesterday and 122 deaths for a CMR of 1.784%.

132,803 new cases in the USA yesterday and 2,004 deaths sees CMR at 1.615%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global cases pass 232M, the last 1M in 2 days;
Asia passes 75M cases;

Brunei (326);
Syria (442);
Angola (515); and
South Korea
(3,273)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 26-09-2021 at 01:02 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2021, 01:02 PM   #15315
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

NSW/VIC

NSW records 964 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9701 (from 0.9834) while the actual line is a bit above the predictive trend line and based on the 4th order polynomial, that trend line now has a downward curve.

VIC records 779 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0459 (from 1.0732 while the actual line is now slightly below the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 26-09-2021, 06:21 PM   #15316
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Good result from NSW respective to it’s recent testing counts. Will we high-five Victoria as one state passes the other?

And a side note, less acknowledged but of significance. Vaccine-related clotting deaths in Australia have apparently been remarkably low compared to extrapolation from the trends in other countries. It seems that we’ve taken their experiences on board to do a Good Job with this. I would expect this gain in facility will assist in fast, effective treatment of other clotting events with different origins.
We get less blood clots in the antipodes because it's hot and we are warm blooded, that lot who live in the Northern hemisphere are more prone to being cold blooded, hence the clots, blood clots, not clot clots..

Cheers Billio
Old 27-09-2021, 09:30 AM   #15317
Trevor 57
is now there

I hear people cry all the time about bull-**** lock-downs, even the ****head Victorian opposition and business leaders, but not one, not one has come up with an alternative. I am ****ing sick of hearing people cry about but offer nothing as an alternative.

It must suck to have a Government concerned with keeping us alive
Old 27-09-2021, 11:04 AM   #15318
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Having spent a lot of time outdoors over the weekend, it would seem some local councils are really starting to learn / experiment with "living with it". Some of the popular strips on the inner east were busy as, social distancing was basically non existent outside some of the shops. Since when did selling pot plants, decor and the likes become essential? But it was good to be out, good weather, and seeing people somewhat enjoying themselves. And well done to the Dees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I hear people cry all the time about bull-**** lock-downs, even the ****head Victorian opposition and business leaders, but not one, not one has come up with an alternative. I am ****ing sick of hearing people cry about but offer nothing as an alternative.

Looks like it is just in Victoria, cos there doesn't seem to be the same unhelpful bs being thrown anywhere else. However, if you believe the newspoll results released over the weekend, Victorian aren't buying it.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 27-09-2021, 12:05 PM   #15319
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

NSW/VIC

NSW records 788 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9556 (from 0.9701) while the actual line is a bit below the predictive trend line and based on the 4th order polynomial, that trend line now has a downward curve.

VIC records 705 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 1.0370 (from 1.0459) while the actual line is falling further below the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2021, 12:53 PM   #15320
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT September 26th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

1,752 new cases for Australia and 11 deaths so the CMR is 1.262%.

21 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.645%.

The UK had 32,997 cases yesterday and 63 deaths for a CMR of 1.777%.

55,150 new cases in the USA yesterday and 765 deaths sees CMR at 1.615%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)

Barbados (175); and
Singapore (1,939)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and Japan drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 27-09-2021 at 01:20 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2021, 01:40 PM   #15321
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Trevor that is a fair comment but is Daniel Andrews and his government going to be prepared to listen to other political parties or business leaders?
Matter of fact this can said for any state government or feds.
Old 27-09-2021, 01:58 PM   #15322
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

What a bloody shame:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-...urne/100482978

Aside from that - it’s been heartening to see the NSW “road map” loses a good portion of the distinguishing elements per vaccination status in December.
Old 27-09-2021, 01:58 PM   #15323
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
is that an Australian photo?
Old 27-09-2021, 02:00 PM   #15324
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Looks like it is just in Victoria, cos there doesn't seem to be the same unhelpful bs being thrown anywhere else. However, if you believe the newspoll results released over the weekend, Victorian aren't buying it.
interesting that there was a requirement for 'tradies' to be vaccinated in Sydney and no uproar or protests, so why did this happen in Melbourne?
Old 27-09-2021, 02:34 PM   #15325
hayseed

Quote:
is that an Australian photo?
According to Google, it's from the Good Old USA (Maybe Arizona)
Old 27-09-2021, 02:41 PM   #15326
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Re the 4th order polynomial predictive trendline, what’s the little “kick” at the end due to?
Old 27-09-2021, 04:24 PM   #15327
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

The upturn at the end of the 4th order trend is the higher number of cases in NSW at the end of last week but that should flatten out again if numbers stay below 1k this week.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2021, 05:23 PM   #15328
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
interesting that there was a requirement for 'tradies' to be vaccinated in Sydney and no uproar or protests, so why did this happen in Melbourne?
Well....I think the answer is right in front of us, and I hope there will be a capitol hill type inquiry into the insurrection.

I have now heard several accounts from people who were either there on the first couple of days, or know of someone who went. These people went with a legitimate intent, but as soon as they realised what was really happening, they got out of there quick smart. I think we'll hear more. I'm hearing 25% were there for the cause, 75% were there for another purpose.

Rides (past and present)

3 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2021, 05:29 PM   #15329
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
According to Google, it's from the Good Old USA (Maybe Arizona)
thought so, surprising how many people automatically claim it as ours to suit their agenda - "if it is on the internet it must be true"
Old 27-09-2021, 05:32 PM   #15330
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Well....I think the answer is right in front of us, and I hope there will be a capitol hill type inquiry into the insurrection.

I have now heard several accounts from people who were either there on the first couple of days, or know of someone who went. These people went with a legitimate intent, but as soon as they realised what was really happening, they got out of there quick smart. I think we'll hear more. I'm hearing 25% were there for the cause, 75% were there for another purpose.
from what I have heard, the CFMEU members were there from the morning having a peaceful protest, then the right wing anti-everything thugs showed up and started the trouble, I think some CFMEU members got caught up in it as they thought it was their comrades, but as soon as the truth came out the smart ones high-tailed out of there. Friday about 750, Saturday about 150, yesterday none. As soon as they went to the Shrine they lost all support
Closed Thread