Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 21-06-2021, 11:40 AM   #1
adyadad

Default Cryptic dash message

Hi all.
This popped up on the dash the other day after driving out of the garage. The car stopped as per the stop start but then didn't start until placed into park and manually started again. It hasn't done it since but still curious as to what it is.
2015 Mondeo TDCI.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dash Message.jpg (48.8 KB, 54 views)
adyadad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2021, 09:44 PM   #2
Mondaveo

Default Re: Cryptic dash message

Probably a temporary glitch in some computer system - it may have seen a parameter or sensor value it didn't like, that made it impossible to continue automatically and needed a manual restart.

I had a similar experience years ago, where the dash spontaneously displayed the message "Transmission limited function" and the gearbox went into neutral. Pulled up, shut down and restarted the engine, and all was back to normal. It never did it again (although I went on to have other gearbox symptoms). We subsequently found out that one of the gearbox input speed sensors was bad and had to be replaced.

It'd likely be possible to see more information by connecting an OBDii scanner and retrieving the fault codes, but without it we know no more than the message on the dash; and if you didn't do it at the time of the fault then there probably is no record of it kept after restarting (there wasn't in my case).

According to the Mighty Car Mods crew, VAG vehicles (VW, Audi) do keep a historical record of fault codes, so there might be a reason to get one of them if you're the kind who likes to get to the bottom of every warning and error message...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-06-2021, 11:43 PM   #3
adyadad

Default Re: Cryptic dash message

Thanks Mondaveo. The temporary glitch was my first thought too. It's my daughter's car so I wasn't there when it happened.
I do have a dongle and use it it monitor the dpf regen in my Amarok but I also have Torque pro for the codes.
I haven't caught up with her since before it happened so I haven't been able to check for code history but I've trained her right and she keeps on top of these sorts of things.
She's had no problems since, and no messages.
We all know that these cars are just lots of electronics and can glitch occasionally, although less than Microsoft Windows.
Cheers.
adyadad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post