Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-05-2015, 12:22 PM   #1
GT 276
KarlFromWa

Default Smartlock remote locking

I have a 2001 au xr8 ute.

I brought it without remote. I brought a remote from
Ford yesterday and when I try program it as soon as I do the
Demisters 3 times nothing happens., I tried all afternoon
And all morning.

I've akways just Locked doors using the key, also worth
Mentioning when I push the lock door button inside it makes the
Noise and I can hear something in the door sound like it's working
Okay but the locks dont move.

Anyone have any ideas?

WORK UTE: 2001 Au2 Xr8 ute.. Vortech supercharger @ 12 psi.. Rip shift.. 19" Speedy Cheetahs.. 450rwhp

FUN: 2013 FG GT Mk2 No: 1317 White.. 6 Speed Manual.. Leather.. street fighter kit .. Full custom stainless steel.. 680rwhp
GT 276 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2015, 05:27 PM   #2
dunky
Starter Motor

Default Re: Smartlock remote locking

When I did my ute, I tried for ages and nothing happened until I locked then unlocked the doors(both closed) with the internal button on the dash. I then hit the demister three times within 5 seconds then pressed the new remote and thankfully it worked. Might be worth a try. I was just about to take mine back for a refund. Bob
dunky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #3
dunky
Starter Motor

How did you go getting the remote to work? I just thought of a couple of things that you might have misunderstood. Get into the drivers seat and close both doors. Turn the key to accessories.....not ignition. Lock then unlock the doors using the dash lock button which I believe is in all utes of this era. Push the demister button 3 times only.....that's on then off then on again.......not on/off 3 times! Do that within 5 seconds. Then press a button (I pressed the lock button) on the remote and you should hear the locks clicking in and out. Turn the key off and jump out and try it. Hope this helps. Bob
dunky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-05-2015, 12:42 AM   #4
GT 276
KarlFromWa

It's not the remote.

Cause when I press Demister 3 times nothing happens . Also then I press central locking button on dash locks don't move but makes all the right noises

WORK UTE: 2001 Au2 Xr8 ute.. Vortech supercharger @ 12 psi.. Rip shift.. 19" Speedy Cheetahs.. 450rwhp

FUN: 2013 FG GT Mk2 No: 1317 White.. 6 Speed Manual.. Leather.. street fighter kit .. Full custom stainless steel.. 680rwhp
Old 31-05-2015, 01:57 PM   #5
Spurious

A ford tech programmed a new remote for me (AU2) a few years ago.

Turn ignition to ACC
Push demister button 3 times, indicators will flash to signify that the system is in learn mode.
Push a remote button down & hold for 3 to 4 seconds 'til indicators flash again. New remote should be programmed.

If that doesn't work, repeat the process but this time push the demister 4 times.

It was either one method or the other, honestly the ford tech did it so fast that I barely got a glimpse!

If this doesn't work then you may have a seperate issue with the central locking that's interfering with the process.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2015, 02:00 PM   #6
Spurious

On my AU2, if I push the central lock dash button whilst door is open, the locks cycle,... they lock then unlock again instantly.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2015, 09:44 PM   #7
GT 276
KarlFromWa

I know how to program a remote..
My issue is central locking not working in dash which I think is playing a part in it not
Programming, as above when I push the lock button nothing happens but makes all the
Right noises