Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-11-2006, 10:29 PM   #1
philut
XR8 driver

Default Caution when buying wheels

Hi all. Just thought I would let eveyone know to be very careful dealing with Tempe Tyres and Wheels if you buy from interstate. I have paid good money for a set of Zenneti Kaotics and have recieved one damaged wheel. The guys here in Brisbane personally took wheel back to Sydney and were told that it's not they're problem. So just be extremely careful of these people. I would hate to see someone else go the same road.

Phil

philut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 11:09 PM   #2
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I thought Tempe Tyres were huge...........

Did you pay extra for postal insurance?

I have never heard of anyone speaking anything bad of them before.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 04-11-2006 at 01:09 AM. Reason: unsponsored link
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 11:42 PM   #3
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Thanks, was thinkin of buyin from them, one of my mates bought some 18's for his van, and worked out ok... if there was some kind of damage insurance it would be ok...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 11:51 PM   #4
Mi$$awsome4.0
Banned

ive heard of this happening to a few people
Mi$$awsome4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 01:08 AM   #5
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi$$awsome4.0
ive heard of this happening to a few people
Yes it’s not the 1st time we have read about these types of dealings with Tempe Tyres.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 12:55 PM   #6
majin_andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by philut
Hi all. Just thought I would let eveyone know to be very careful dealing with Tempe Tyres and Wheels if you buy from interstate. I have paid good money for a set of Zenneti Kaotics and have recieved one damaged wheel. The guys here in Brisbane personally took wheel back to Sydney and were told that it's not they're problem. So just be extremely careful of these people. I would hate to see someone else go the same road.

Phil
Thanks mate
majin_andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 10:34 PM   #7
philut
XR8 driver

All the boxes were undamaged and unopened. So the damage was done before they were packed. The guys I ordered them through recieved the wheels from the courier in perfectly undamaged boxes, but when we opened them one wheel was chipped and scratched. The guys here in Brisbane personally took the wheel back to Sydney on Wednesday while he was in Sydney for something else. They had no luck over the phone with it all. Apparently they had to put the studs in before they were sent. That's probably when they were marked. These wheels cost me $1600.00 dollars and one wheel is scratched and marked. I have wasted this money. I am looking at taking it further with legal advice. I will let you know how it goes.

Phil
philut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 12:05 AM   #8
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah good luck with it. How can it be not their problem if it was unmarked/opened. had to be damaged before it was packed as you have said.

Someone has done a dodgey!
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 01:16 AM   #9
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
All the boxes were undamaged and unopened. So the damage was done before they were packed. The guys I ordered them through recieved the wheels from the courier in perfectly undamaged boxes, but when we opened them one wheel was chipped and scratched. The guys here in Brisbane personally took the wheel back to Sydney on Wednesday while he was in Sydney for something else. They had no luck over the phone with it all. Apparently they had to put the studs in before they were sent. That's probably when they were marked. These wheels cost me $1600.00 dollars and one wheel is scratched and marked. I have wasted this money. I am looking at taking it further with legal advice. I will let you know how it goes.

Phil
How bloody dodgy is that! Packing something they know is not up to scratch (no jokes intended) Just tell them you will go to consumer affairs or something of the like.

No one wants bad word of mouth, especially a business. I'd say go for some sort of insurance next time as some sort of safeguard.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 07:54 AM   #10
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dodgy indeed.

Sorry to hear that, man. I hope you get all your money back!

No Tempe Tyres for me, i'll be right.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 09:06 AM   #11
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

I've had this same experience with wheels direct on ebay. They drilled new stud patterns to suit my car in the front two which scratced and chipped the wheels beyond belief and now they have 10 holes .For 1750 dollar rims. Then has proceeded to fill me full of crap about getting me replacements for the last 3 months. Pm me for photo's if anyones interested.
AU-MUSTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #12
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I have bought 6 sets of wheels thru Tempe for myself and friends and have found them to be excellent.. The customer service, ease of ordering and prompt delivery let alone the price has always been first class.

I can understand Tempe being guarded if they have gone thru another shop before you recieved them.. Why didnt you deal with them directly yourself?

I will add that every set of wheels I have got come with tyres and are never boxed up but plastic wrapped face to face with foam sheeting and strapped to a small pallet

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 10:17 AM   #13
Xrsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
I have bought 6 sets of wheels thru Tempe for myself and friends and have found them to be excellent.. The customer service, ease of ordering and prompt delivery let alone the price has always been first class.

I can understand Tempe being guarded if they have gone thru another shop before you recieved them.. Why didnt you deal with them directly yourself?

I will add that every set of wheels I have got come with tyres and are never boxed up but plastic wrapped face to face with foam sheeting and strapped to a small pallet
Well I'm glad someone has defended them as I have bouhgt a few sets of wheels of them from Melb and same deal plastic bubble wrap with plenty of cushioning and strapped to a pallet so nothing moves and on one occasion when i did have a problem with a leaking stud a replacement mag was delivered the next day and the return of the damaged wheel was all promptly dealt with no fuss, just an unbiased opinion!
Xrsick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 12:37 PM   #14
BlackLS

Tempe can be hit and miss. Their cheap and usually OK, sometimes you hear dodgy stuff (cardboard spacers anyone?)

Its really Cavet Emptor.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 01:36 PM   #15
martO
meh

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his efforts in creating the monthly Photoshop competitions and advice/tips on how to use Photoshop. 

Two of my mates have both bought a set of rims each for their cars from Tempe Tyres. One of them received a phone call and was told that one was damaged in transit, so they upgraded the wheels to chrome as he had paid for insurance, and all was sweet. The other mate received his set with no hassles what so ever.

If you get insurance I don't see the problem, they have prices that not many wheel places can beat.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:39 PM   #16
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Phil
Thanks for heads up mate did you pay for insurance? If so I wouldnt think there would be any problems

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post