Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2007, 11:35 AM   #1
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Default Need help with an old game

After not having played Carmageddon (the original) for something like 8 years, for some reason I decided I wanted to play it again. When I first purchased it, I only had a 686 with 16mg ram and a 4 meg video card, so I was forced to play it in low res mode (640x480).

Now obviously our computers have well surpassed that specification, so I was hoping to play in "hi-res" mode which i believe is 1024x768. Anyway, the problem is that you need to play it through dos if you want it in hires mode. And my problem is, it just doesn't want to play through dos.

It says that there isn't any file or folder like that! I've even tried installing it through dos, but it wont because some "pif" does not exist. I know I'm writing the right directory and all that in, so I'm just not sure why it won't work.

It's a long shot, but I'm hoping someone on here has experience with this game, playing it through dos, and more importantly, has played it in hi res mode (through dos obviously) in windsows XP.

Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post