Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-05-2005, 10:07 AM   #1
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Angry Worst Duty at Work...

For the millions of us that work, I have a question.

What's the worst duty you perform at work?

Keep your minds out of the gutter here

For me, it would have to be these wheel things the boss got from Korea and is flogging them nationwide.

They're called PLIWS, and I have to fix the wheels, displays, burn CD and DVD promos, gives me the sh*ts.
Old 18-05-2005, 10:12 AM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_SE_Ute
Having to show up :

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 10:32 AM   #3
Twisted
Contributing Member

Having to make sense out of non english speaking people as well as old old old people. Trying to explain anything to them is impossible.

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 10:42 AM   #4
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

We have a pitt at work that gets cleaned every week depending on who starts where on the floor gets to clean it. It gets filled up with all the crap that comes out of the dye vats and Stompers, ie wool and rubbish. At the end of the week the pitt smells like a urinal combined with rust, old chemicals and shit, I swear to god it does.
So when the new week starts I make sure I start on the floor where I'm not going to have to clean it hahahaha
Havn't had to do it in nearly 2 months & we're spose to take turns once a month LMFAO!!!
Yum-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 10:43 AM   #5
3Toed
The Smoking Sloth™

Quote:
Having to deal with Management™.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
Having to show up :
ROFL! Too true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted
Having to make sense out of non english speaking people as well as old old old people. Trying to explain anything to them is impossible.
Put on your best Sam Jackson voice and quote Jules from Pulp Fiction, "English Mother****er! Do you speak it?!"
Amen Brother.
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 10:54 AM   #6
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Unpacking the daily delivery, but it can have its good points to, and dealing with F*^ktard customers that think they know best.

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED

Back in a Ford XR. MA XR5 Mondeo

TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 11:06 AM   #7
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmmm... lifting numerous boxes non stop for 4 hours+ on a 40 degree day, in a factory which soon turns into an oven (especially on the upper levels). Atleast they give us a 200ml bottle of generic brand water to keep us hydrated... LMFAO.
Old 18-05-2005, 11:08 AM   #8
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKFD6
Unpacking the daily delivery, but it can have its good points to, and dealing with F*^ktard customers that think they know best.
You might enjoy this site.

http://www.customerssuck.com/
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 11:20 AM   #9
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Well, not too bad nowadays.... worst part about current job is leaving the office at 7pm.

But previously.... I used to work in an ophthalmic lab... crappy jobs were a dime a dozen... when i started there, i used to stand at a sink and scrub hardened lens polish off of plastic boxes for 8 hours a day. Then moved onto the tools that are fitted to the polishing machines - remove the grinding/polishing pad and put the tool back into it's correct spot - they were sorted by the curve on the face of the tool, i.e. +0.00 +0.25 went before +0.00 +0.50... there was about 6000 of these tools, lol.

Memories....
Old 18-05-2005, 11:22 AM   #10
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted
EXACTLY THIS.

Look I'm not racist but can't people speak english?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 11:27 AM   #11
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Hahaahha, nice, retail would really be good if it wasnt for the customers.
:P

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED

Back in a Ford XR. MA XR5 Mondeo

TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 11:31 AM   #12
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:
Having to deal with rude customers.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 11:55 AM   #13
neb
hibernating

Filing... its easy but boring and repetitive and I get alot of it.
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 12:25 PM   #14
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Customers. Sometimes you want to knock them out. Some can be very greedy. Have this african guy who comes in and doesnt open his mouth to talk. Very hard to understand. You would think if they are in Australia they should be able to speak english. ****ing American accents **** me off to no end aswell
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 12:29 PM   #15
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Putting up with rude customers sh*ts me no end. Kit customers especially.

Reckon they know how to put up a shed but when it gets down to it, they've got NFI.
Old 18-05-2005, 12:33 PM   #16
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Being woken up at 2am to work on some inhouse equipment that we've outsourced to Malaysia, spending an hour on the phone to figure out what the hell is going on and only being able to understand 1 in every 4 words, to end up have to drive to the office and find out the clown behind him shutdown the server without telling him.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 12:49 PM   #17
Discovery
"Jlywrslr" ;)

My job is great. The most difficult thing I have to do is when I take groups of non english speaking visitors on a tour of the Centre. Try explaining the history of the Ford Motor Company in Australia to 40 people through one interpreter! It's still fun though ;)
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 01:37 PM   #18
XRated
Shoot.

Cleaning the damn toilets.. Why do people feel the need to do some of the disgusting things they do???

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 01:41 PM   #19
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Being told that I'm booked to fly to another city for a week in 2 days time, getting there, nothings organised and the client is already in "kill the consultant" mood.

Travel for work fun? NOT BLOODY LIKELY!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 01:42 PM   #20
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

Sweeping the back lane.
Old 18-05-2005, 01:50 PM   #21
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Getting told your possible promotion is going to be sought for externally as the department you are in can not afford to lose you at the moment. That is always fantastic. I wonder how they will go when I leave completely, oh not really what you asked but you get my drift.
Old 18-05-2005, 01:51 PM   #22
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Having to do something and then a day or 2 later change it back again because the manager didn't think it through. And then they make changes to cut costs while ****ing it away through their mistakes.

Dealing with people whose english suddenly declines when they know they've done something wrong. I work in transport - Recently a memo was released to the drivers in English........ and Turkish - because a number of runs are sub-contracted out to one guy/company, and he employs all his Turk mates, some who struggle with English - yet their job is to deliver freight, which means they deal directly with customers all day. They even got their own customer service person in to converse in Turkish to the drivers.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 02:03 PM   #23
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davocol
Getting told your possible promotion is going to be sought for externally as the department you are in can not afford to lose you at the moment. That is always fantastic. I wonder how they will go when I leave completely, oh not really what you asked but you get my drift.
Then you find the sucessful candidate has no grasp of english let alone any personal or hygeine skill, a person who cannot even breathe with having to resort to all 4 volumes of the manual.
But then you relaise the selection criteria, a degree (even if its from the university of timbucktoo) and the ability to lie through their teeth about their actual ability.

Most management will gladly offer telephone number salaries to a new broom or an unknown quantitiy but will cry murder rather than reward an existing well performing employee. Walk!! Its very rare you will find a position where employees are actually valued, so sell your services to the highest bidder.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 02:26 PM   #24
AdzT3-146
own the road

putting up with whingeing colleagues.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 03:25 PM   #25
Leah
www.madel.com.au

Im an non-smoker, and a personal assistant to the CEO. My office is directly outside her door. She sits there in her office (with no windows) and smokes easily 20 cigarettes a day. That part i can handle. But when i get in in the morning, and clear all her glasses, bottles and crap out of her office, I have to empty the ashtray out. She doesnt just expect it emptied, she expects it cleaned. So out come the tissues and I have to wipe out the ashtray. ERRRK!

There is nothing worse than stinky cigarette buts that sit there smouldering all night & day old half filled latte glasses. I swear i hold back the spew every morning.

I think that is probly the worst thing. The other is when she sends me to safeway to buy her a roast & vegies for her dinner, then complains when the roast isnt good enough. grr!
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 06:54 PM   #26
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Dealing with my ******** foreman who can barely speak english, can't drive for crap and I have doubts about his understanding of internal combustion engines.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 07:25 PM   #27
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah
Im an non-smoker, and a personal assistant to the CEO. My office is directly outside her door. She sits there in her office (with no windows) and smokes easily 20 cigarettes a day.
I thought all offices were smoke-free???

And tell her if she doesn't like her roast to bend over... you can show her a nice place to put it I'm sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 07:59 PM   #28
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

My turn! Well considering atm my job is full time mother/housewife, I can give you a list a mile long...

Worst job? In between scrubbing toilets and cleaning up baked beans that were found under my daughter's bed and have an entire mould colony growing in them, well it's hard to tell actually. Probably IRONING : the iron and I have a bit of a system going... I turn it on, it burns me and the clothes, then I turn it off, go to hospital to get the wounds dressed, then I do it all again a few days later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 08:11 PM   #29
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fixing other peoples f#*k ups. Our 4th year is a lazy pr@!k & doesn't know s%$t is always making a half arsed effort at doing anything which often ends up being a comeback.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 08:17 PM   #30
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

There is no single worst part.
The starting at 6am everyday. The price changes I have to put up that then get changed back the next day. Especially if it's only a 1c change.
The reps that come in and expect me to drop what I'm doing to do something for them.
The other staff who expect the same. Replacing tickets that get taken/fall off, or putting tickets on displays/products that were built/cut in then abandoned, and left for me, especially when I'm not told about it, and expected to be a mind reader.
And also the repetitive nature of the job.
Just last week I sat down with the department manual and worked out that I need 84 hours a week to do the basic routine, as well as the few new jobs that have been given to me.
Then the boss cut the hours in my department to 47 a week. 38 of which are mine.
I haven't been on holidays in nearly 5 years now. There is no one trained to cover for me if I'm off sick. In fact they will call me at home and ask me to explain step by step how to do the most basic things.
Oh and then my boss went on holidays and made me do her job as well as my own for 3 weeks.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post