Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Default iPod Configurations

I know I am deaf, but I can't hear anything, sometimes I enjoy the vibrations of the music out of the speakers but my friend who I work with, listens to the music in my car every morning.

He plugged his Ipod classic via his USB connection to my USB system in the car, but he was unable to get the music to play -- no sound, but works fine with the radio and the radio transmission via his ipod --- is there a way to get it working or have to add a audito jack to make it work, no? Appreciate any assistance here. :evil3:

Old 03-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Yeah you need this.

It's a bit of a pain because it's only a short lead and quite stiff, leaving you no where to rest the ipod.

But it does as you say, it's a Y adapter that splits into a USB and 3.5mm. USB for the info and 3.5mm for the audio.

msnealo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Fantastic, I am an idiot. Cheers for that!

Jake
Old 03-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
phoenix555
n00b

I got the Y-cable for my iPod Nano and I concur - it's stiff and a bit unworkable in terms of finding a nice position to rest the iPod. Not long enough to go forward into the centre console front hollow - not long enough to rest in the centre console centre hollow (drink holders) - and too stiff to fold into the recess where it all plugs in! Annoying!

I tried out the USB stick option and I'm planning to buy a few, load them up with different styles of music etc. Cheaper, smaller, neater and out of the way, doesn't matter if I lose one, chop and change at will, still have stalk audio control, if I forget to take it out then I don't have to peak that someone's going to break in and steal it (despite the perimeter alarm!).

Just another opinion
phoenix555 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post