Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-01-2023, 08:57 PM   #1
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Bollore quits Jaguar after 2 years

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...just-two-years

I tend to follow Jag as my grandfather had an XJ and as such there is that 'inspiration'. The last couple of years have been painful to watch, especially killing the new XJ close to launch, forgetting to keep developing the current models, and particularly announcing they are all toast in 2025 and will be replaced by 2 or 3 SUV/electric cars at a much higher price point where traditional customers don't shop. Stuffing up with semiconductors seems to have occurred too, to the extent they have got single digit sales figures in the months VFACTS. Perhaps there is more to it than that.

In his favour he seems to have controlled losses, he was honest on quality, and his focus on quality is the right one and beginning to yield results, apparently.

What is the vox pop from the folks here: was this a hatchet job? Does it look similar to the Ford Australia CEOs after Polites?
Old 16-01-2023, 09:00 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Bollore quits Jaguar after 2 years

Quote:
In an announcement released overnight the firm said Bollore was leaving the company for “personal reasons”
Jumped before he was pushed, might be taking a role as the CEO of the local sheltered workshop.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2023, 11:45 AM   #3
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Spending a billion dollars to develop a vehicle and not launch it, is about as brilliant as Dan Andrews pay $1 billion to not build a road that was only going to cost that much.

I don't know how management could come to that decision. The money had already been spent, they will never get the chance to recoup that investment.

It seems to me Jaguar has lost it's way and wants to be something it's not. Built an image of being "space, pace and grace" and now wants to move away from it.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-01-2023, 01:00 PM   #4
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was the next XJ going to have an EV version...if yes that would have put it out on the market ahead of the Germans back then (only) if I'm correct?

The camo's shots I could find seemed to show a car with a great stance, and a great wheel arch/window/shoulder line balance.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2023, 02:53 PM   #5
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes the new XJ was going to be an EV - from memory both ICE and EV versions would be offered, which seems like a smart hedge.

If you look at how the XJ was reimagined in 2010, they nailed it, the interior will be remembered very well, it's astounding.

They broke ground with the I-Pace, then did not much with it.

"Space, Grace and Pace" - agree BossXR8, that's where the brand should be. Unfathomable why he would scrap the F-Pace, for that marries those ideals with the current preference for SUVs. Surely just hybrid and electrify that model, JLR has that drivetrain in the Range Rovers including the Velar which shares the F-Pace's platform.

Hence why I wonder if it was a deliberate implosion. Geoff Polites at Ford Australia shows what happens when you have passionate management who came from that area, and strongly back the company and it's product. Not a merry go round of international CEOs who jump ship to other companies and industries.
Old 17-01-2023, 05:30 PM   #6
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

I kinda see their point of elevating beyond their current space and in to the Bentley/Rolls area, competing with the likes of BMW/Mercedes/Audi in the sedan/coupe game doesn't seem to have done it, so why not?
Old 18-01-2023, 08:49 PM   #7
janddbone
B1 - J & D Services
Donating Member1

It was a big call, but given what has happened with COVID and BREXIT I dont blame him. Castle Bromwich has been slated for downsizing since Tata took over as three palnts across the two brands was borderline viable. However much they lost, the pin was pulled before it was updated for MLA prodction.
2000 Ford Falcon Wagon Egas
1999 Subaru Imprezza Sportwagon
1998 Holden Suburban 2500
1995 Land Rover Discovery TDI
1994 XG XR6 Longreach
1983 Holden Rodeo
1982 ZK Fairlane 302 six seater
1975 Datsun 120Y wagon
1970 MG Midget
1967 Rover 2000TC
Soon: Model T.
janddbone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2023, 12:18 AM   #8
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What do Jag even have in the pipeline at the moment? It seemed like they were going all in on EVs, but without having any real runs on that board. I've yet to see an i-Pace on the road.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2023, 07:31 AM   #9
janddbone
B1 - J & D Services
Donating Member1

Nothing but run out special editions. New reveals were scheduled for '24 and production in '25. They were aiming for low volume production of only 50,000 units.

Whatever happens in future at least the interim CEO Adrian Mardell is a Jaguar man, that should at least assist.

Land Rover has 200,000 units on order! They just can't get the electrical parts. A real ****show...
2000 Ford Falcon Wagon Egas
1999 Subaru Imprezza Sportwagon
1998 Holden Suburban 2500
1995 Land Rover Discovery TDI
1994 XG XR6 Longreach
1983 Holden Rodeo
1982 ZK Fairlane 302 six seater
1975 Datsun 120Y wagon
1970 MG Midget
1967 Rover 2000TC
Soon: Model T.
janddbone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post