Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-02-2005, 08:13 PM   #31
shane3
FPV GT 0915

It's nice to see that you don't need to speak, read or write the Australian language to get an Australian drivers licence!!!

I'm sorry to ask, but what car do you have? And why didn't you get full comp insurance? as I was told and have all ways done, IF you can't afford the insurance you cant afford the car!
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..

Last edited by shane3; 17-02-2005 at 08:17 PM.
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 08:18 PM   #32
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Don't let them get away with it.

I had a panel and indicator cleaned up by a truck while I was parked. I replaced the indicator with new and got a panel from the wreckers the next day, the guy was being a cockhead and ignoring everything for a few months, in the end I just gave up, wasn't worth the $125.

However I've now got a slightly off coloured panel and this ****er got off scot free.

As said, tear em a new one. If you don't the'll just do it again. If you do they won't have a car to do it in again.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 08:34 PM   #33
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you could also buy a bomb and have a propper crash into whats left of their car and say sorry no insurance and me no speak england and no cash,

why doesn't REGO include accident cover? the 3rd party stuff only costs around $150 a year, lets all band together and go on strike from paying rego till insurance is included.
disclaimer disregard anything mentioned by me in this post.
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 09:15 PM   #34
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Jem,
Read your PM's
Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2005, 10:24 PM   #35
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
It's nice to see that you don't need to speak, read or write the Australian language to get an Australian drivers licence!!!
/snip
Does she have a licence?? Putting the shoe on the wrong foot I can see why she is taking this course of action. Do nothing, ignore all the solicitors letters and worst case scenario she will have to pay the $3K to get your car fixed. Be responsible, pay her debt and she's still up for $3K.
Its worth considering Comprehensive insurance even if your car is only worth $5K or so. Shannons etc have rates that are not that much dearer than 3rd party property insurance and then it's their headache.

Regards,
Tote
Old 17-02-2005, 11:38 PM   #36
xceler8shun
Ford Fanatic

take it to your local smash repairer and get them to send the bill to the lady who crashed into you
xceler8shun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2005, 02:43 PM   #37
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcel
take it to your local smash repairer and get them to send the bill to the lady who crashed into you

I thinks he already has had sevreal quotes sent to her, which were all igonred.
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2005, 05:02 PM   #38
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Thanks all for the replies.

I went to the Pharan Police station this morning to confirm my position in the case that it did go to court. I spoke with a Senior Constable and i must say he was very helpful.

His advise based on the situation, that it was technically her fault, but an unfortuante situation where a judge or whoever could sympathise with her also, was to take it up more seriously with AAMI as he thinks my chances in court for recovering all the money wouldn't be good (maybe 60/40) and just wouldn't be worth it.

I have had some great advise from people here that will head me down a different path and may prove to be more reasonable and sucessful, and hopelly less stressful.

Thanks again!
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2005, 05:07 PM   #39
Chris
AFF.com.au

lets load up and go down there f*ck this shit im bored lets go after calder
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #40
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

You would still be running down the straight while the rest of us would be tucking into some grub!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2005, 05:36 PM   #41
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

1/Go down to your local court.

2/Ask to speak to a chamber magistrate.

3/ Lodge a statement of liquidated claim against the old bat.

4/ Also get the court to get a signature when the sherrif serves the statemant to her.Yes the sherrif will serve the statement.It will be very intimidating for them.

5/If that dick son is there and gets cocky on the sherrif he may be charged or arrested.

6/ From memory they must lodge a notice to defend your claim.In the event they do not formally make a move.You get what is called default judgement. Correct me if I am wrong but then the sherrif goes to her house in a group.Take her television,stereo ,oven and stuff like that.Then they sell it at auction and you get your money.

Please double check what I have said as I am going by my experience some 7 years ago..laws may have changed.

But it is a good way to force them into action...

The senior constable you spoke to may be a top guy but dont listen to him.Normally the site of a sherrif asking for them in front of the neighbours makes them know that you are serious.

I am a nice guy too but its time for the nice guys to give the bad guys a message.....we are going to give as good as we get!!! So lets get it on!!

Last edited by Stav; 18-02-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2005, 05:33 PM   #42
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
lets load up and go down there f*ck this shit im bored lets go after calder
Whats your weapon of choice Chris, ask and one shall provide. the ute would make for a good get away car if it could provide a decent smoke screen as we leave.

Lucky we dont live over in the states as this would actually happen, not bad when anyone car walk into K Mart and buy a gun. Show some id preferablly fake and you can go home with a new Glock 18, your choice of semi or full auto. And only the same size of a standard issue police glock.

Last edited by XRQTOR; 19-02-2005 at 05:37 PM.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post