Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
BruceT

Exclamation Phone Voice Control - trap for the unwary

After getting my new WS Zetec and reading the manual thoroughly, I rushed out and bought a compatible bluetooth mobile phone (Nokia 6120) and bonded it to the car.

I programmed in a few key numbers for voice recognition - things like "DIAL HOME".

A day later in the garage I thought I'd try "phoning home". So after my mobile checking it was bonded, I pressed the mode button and said, "PHONE". I then forgot the key word, "DIAL", but I remembered the system will list the available options when you say "HELP", so I said, "HELP!".

The next thing I heard was, "Ring, ring...ring, ring...ring, ring...<answering sound>..."Blacktown Police, hello"...<pause, then repeat>..."Blacktown Police".
I pressed the hang-up button.

I've decided if they track me down, I'm going to blame my 3 year old. She was after all sitting in a booster seat in the back seat at the time!!!

Sheeesh!!!! This is a true story.

BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post