Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
btf-ford
Starter Motor

Default Sagging roof headlining

hi. the roof lining on my ford Festive has began to sag.

The lining design is suspended and not a fabric glued to the roof. Held up by a wire rod.

I am not sure if a clip has come loose or what ever. Any information on how the roof lining is held up and any tips in having it repaired.

I have tried doing a search but without luck. It seems as if the support rod has popped out or a gust of wind got under the liner and popped it.

I have tied to search information on how the liner is held up and any installation tips but without success,

Thanks in advance

Last edited by btf-ford; 15-11-2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: More information
btf-ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: Sagging roof headlining

Model? Year? Festiva or Fiesta?
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Hi, not sure what year model you have but I came across this which I thought might be useful for you, http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/.../message/14071 if you're confident tackling the job yourself then hopefully it might get you out of trouble, if not I would suggest trying a motor vehicle upholsterer / trimmer and getting a quote from them to repair it for you
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69 View Post
Model? Year? Festiva or Fiesta?
He does say Festiva (Festive actually )
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
He does say Festiva (Festive actually )
Yes, wasn't sure what a Festive was.... It is almost Xmas tho
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
btf-ford
Starter Motor

Yes it is a 1997 ford festiva (sorry typo before) i looked at the link provided a above, thanks.

It was not that clear. I m wondering if he plastic clips that hold one roof lining wire has come out. I am it sure as I wold have o remove he whole liner to look at it. I was oping someone it give me a heads up description as to how he liner is connected and what to look for. I can get at the wire and the clips by removing the door seal that holds the liner in place but I am to sure what I am looking for. I can only partially access the clips and the wire but not sure were and how they connect to the car. I can try and look at one next time I am at the wreckers.

Is there any diagrams or phosphor showing how the lining is connected? Thanks again

Last edited by btf-ford; 16-11-2012 at 08:06 PM.
btf-ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post