Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
4dlvr
4dlvr

Default changing head lights

06 fiesta

when changing head lights do i need to undo the screws behind the light???
or do i just pull out the rubber protector behind it and go from there???

cheers

4dlvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dlvr
06 fiesta

when changing head lights do i need to undo the screws behind the light???
or do i just pull out the rubber protector behind it and go from there???

cheers
I would imagine its a simple matter of pulling out the rubber moisture seal and then unhook the wire holding the bulb and hey presto. Unless you've got one of those small (H1's I think?) that has a wire connected to it then you might have to unscrew something.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
Ben85

Just have to move the coolant overflow so you can get to it. Remove the rubber and unhook the wire, the wire can be a bastard to undo and do back up. But thats about all you have to do.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2009, 01:42 AM   #4
4dlvr
4dlvr

thanx ben.. reason why i asked was iv herd of people screwing up there light direction and auto director thingi
4dlvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #5
Ben85

Your welcome mate. I have changed the bulbs in my car heaps of times, and have never screwed it up.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post