Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #1
Paddyboy

Default Just got Grand Final tickets!

I got in the line yesterday at 2:00pm and waited overnight but I got 5 tickets to the GF! cant wait should be a good game, so excited. Any Saints or cats fans in here?

Old 21-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
phildee

Big Cats fan, what a fantastic game on Saturday, Bring on the grand final... missed out in the ticket ballot tho... not happy
phildee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No, but Go Saints. I like seen the teams who havent had success for a long time do well. Shame it couldnt have been a Bullies and Saints Granny. Hope Melbourne does well over the next few years too.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddyboy
I got in the line yesterday at 2:00pm and waited overnight but I got 5 tickets to the GF! cant wait should be a good game, so excited. Any Saints or cats fans in here?
Which team do you support???

Old 21-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh my manager told me this morning that he got tickets today in the ballot so he is happy as a pig i the proverbial you know what

i hope the saints win but with how Geelong went i cant see the sainters winning

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
Paddyboy

I support Richmond, but i've been an AFL member for 15 years. so I can still get tickets
Old 21-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Willing to sell two of them?...LOL. Im hunting for a couple.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #8
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Got my Tix in the Ballot today too.....

Go Cats... Smash the Saints !!
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #9
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I support Richmond, but i've been an AFL member for 15 years. so I can still get tickets
Please don't take this as a swipe mate, because id love to go as well and im an Essendon supporter, but it would be nice to see the MCG on Grand Final day filled with supporters of the teams actually playing first and foremost before all the corporate and non supporters get tickets..
So many passionate supporters miss out on seeing their own team because of the corporitisation of tickets now.

Old 21-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #10
Paddyboy

Quote:
Please don't take this as a swipe mate, because id love to go as well and im an Essendon supporter, but it would be nice to see the MCG on Grand Final day filled with supporters of the teams actually playing first and foremost before all the corporate and non supporters get tickets..
So many passionate supporters miss out on seeing their own team because of the corporitisation of tickets now.
no offence taken, I agree, I think they reward afl members too much. They should allocate more to the 2 clubs in the final. I think off the top of my head they allocate 25,000 to the two teams, and then 25,000 to the rest of afl members, I think it should be more like 40,000 and 10,000. But its the way it and if there is a chance for me to get a ticket, ill go for it. But I do understand your point.
Old 21-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #11
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
no offence taken, I agree, I think they reward afl members too much. They should allocate more to the 2 clubs in the final. I think off the top of my head they allocate 25,000 to the two teams, and then 25,000 to the rest of afl members, I think it should be more like 40,000 and 10,000. But its the way it and if there is a chance for me to get a ticket, ill go for it. But I do understand your point.
I agree and would do the same.
I think each club should get 35000 tickets which are avaliable for 24hrs first and the rest and balance of untaken tickets should go to the sponsors and AFL members.
There is often criticism that the crowd's at the GF are less vocal and passionate than the prelim crowds which are more "supporter" based...
The participating Club's members and supporters should be looked after first and foremost.

Old 21-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #12
Hally

Must admit i have been extremely lucky and am going courtesy of a corporate gig. My first GF and can't wait.

I do feel guilty that being an ex-Sydneysider I get to go when other diehards do not.
Hally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #13
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Thank You!

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 12:38 AM   #14
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done to Junior the Ablett Gary winning the Brownlow.
Absolutely rapt for him.
Of all the current players, I cannot think of anybody who would have had it harder growing up given his father's reputation on and off the field.
He has handled himself magnificently despite all that and I am absolutely stoked that he has finally plucked it.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #15
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

I'm a massive Cats fan. Totally agree with 4vman, my mums a GFC member and has missed out on Grand final tickets 3 years in a row now. It's ridiculous and totally unfair that someone who goes to every match in Victoria (and sometimes in SA) can't go to even one of the 3 Grand Finals that their team is in.

Anyway, great that you got tickets mate, it's certainly the way to go if you want GF tickets. I have been tempted a couple of times to get an AFL membership but I just can't support more money and control going into the AFL. They are robbing from the Clubs and the fans as a result.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2009, 03:09 AM   #16
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

(taken from footy forum)
MCC gets 22,500
AFL members get 21,500
Medaliion members get 5000
Every AFL players gets 2 tickets = 1300
1000 go to 'AFL entitlements'.

Each club gets 1000 tickets = 16,000. Very few of these are offered at face value to members. Most are packaged up in expensive deals eg $1500 breakfasts.

7500 goes to sponsors and corporates.

The rest is divided by the competing clubs.

Because demand far outstrips supply a ballot system takes place for the members, then your at the mercy of th gods..
Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post