Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-12-2021, 10:53 PM   #4081
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Cool Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I finally signed up for an etag. Main reason is theyre jerks, they say 3 days to pay, however the site would never say i had made any trips then 3 weeks later id cop a fine.
It used to not be an issue because ive had the same numberplates for ever and it was linked to my dads accou t. But my dads a bit to dead these days.
I dont hit the toll roads often these days. I don't even drive that often, i filled up for the first time in maybe 9 weeks, that cost $108. And paying a $4.50 toll i cannot untill the letter saying its now $118. Thats just dumb.
You need to get this, then you can pay as you go......

https://www.linkt.com.au/accounts-an...linktgo/sydney
Old 18-12-2021, 10:54 PM   #4082
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
I finally signed up for an etag. Main reason is theyre jerks, they say 3 days to pay, however the site would never say i had made any trips then 3 weeks later id cop a fine.
It used to not be an issue because ive had the same numberplates for ever and it was linked to my dads accou t. But my dads a bit to dead these days.
I dont hit the toll roads often these days. I don't even drive that often, i filled up for the first time in maybe 9 weeks, that cost $108. And paying a $4.50 toll i cannot untill the letter saying its now $118. Thats just dumb.

Welcome to 2003
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2021, 10:59 PM   #4083
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

You can add anyone’s vehicle (registration) to a tag account if they don’t have an existing arrangement; any state. I carry my ex-inlaws’ cars, and a few other people. It’s easier than helping them out of a hole later.

I also think it’s pretty stupid there isn’t a smartphone app to replace the tags. You’d only have to toggle it between driver/not driver so the correct one was read.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2021, 11:03 PM   #4084
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
You can add anyone’s vehicle (registration) to a tag account if they don’t have an existing arrangement; any state. I carry my ex-inlaws’ cars, and a few other people. It’s easier than helping them out of a hole later.

I also think it’s pretty stupid there isn’t a smartphone app to replace the tags. You’d only have to toggle it between driver/not driver so the correct one was read.
See my post
Old 18-12-2021, 11:58 PM   #4085
.:4:.
Kicking back

What really got up me today was my brother. Dunno if its pride or whatever. So, working on the rear suspension of his ute. We needed an 18mm socket. I have one. But he was all pig headed as to say socket sets dont have 18s. So im an ex tradie and not super orginised but it took me 30 seconds to find my 18mm. My brother took 10 minutes to find his. Same business with a 22mm. Only this time i knew exactly where that was, so 30 seconds was 20. Apparently 22mm is also an oddball size, yet i have one too? Cant be too odd.
The amount of time wasted baffled me. Jobs not done.
Im used to getting **** done not tomfoolery or **** farting around. Its changing shocks and leaf springs, its a nut and bolt job. Yes safety first, but we have that, its the timewastery that does my head in.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-12-2021, 10:00 AM   #4086
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
What really got up me today was my brother. Dunno if its pride or whatever. So, working on the rear suspension of his ute. We needed an 18mm socket. I have one. But he was all pig headed as to say socket sets dont have 18s. So im an ex tradie and not super orginised but it took me 30 seconds to find my 18mm. My brother took 10 minutes to find his. Same business with a 22mm. Only this time i knew exactly where that was, so 30 seconds was 20. Apparently 22mm is also an oddball size, yet i have one too? Cant be too odd.
Im used to getting **** done not tomfoolery or **** farting around. Its changing shocks and leaf springs, its a nut and bolt job. Yes safety first, but we have that, its the timewastery that does my head in.
Geez you have an oddball brother, 22mm is 7/8ths imperial, but I have Metric and imperial fittings on my AU2 Fairmont, but you post some good stuff about your family number 4, it's very enjoyable to read!
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2021, 10:15 AM   #4087
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Im used to getting **** done not tomfoolery or **** farting around. Its changing shocks and leaf springs, its a nut and bolt job. Yes safety first, but we have that, its the time wastery that does my head in.
I use to be quick once but have definitely slowed down these days due to my age, I still like tinkering on cars but more so at a leisurely pace.
Cut your brother some slack especially if he is older than you.

PS: I agree with you on the tools as I know exactly where everything is as they are sorted out in their place in my garage,

Cheers
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2021, 07:13 PM   #4088
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

LAZINESS!

Arrived at work this morning to find the place had been left in a mess from yesterday's "crew". Hoses left out on paths causing a tripping hazard, plants wilted from lack of water, stock left untidy. All left for me to fix this morning.

I know I have high standards, but I can't stand sloppy, lazy work ethics. Quite appropriate that a thunderstorm was brewing in the distance as this was happening!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2021, 07:49 PM   #4089
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
LAZINESS!

Arrived at work this morning to find the place had been left in a mess from yesterday's "crew". Hoses left out on paths causing a tripping hazard, plants wilted from lack of water, stock left untidy. All left for me to fix this morning.

I know I have high standards, but I can't stand sloppy, lazy work ethics. Quite appropriate that a thunderstorm was brewing in the distance as this was happening!
The one thing i always done, never complain to the boss about lazy workers. 2 reasons. First is you don't want to lose any respect from other workers, second the lazy workers will get caught out and sacked. So yeah, they'll use every excuse in the book, but when that book runs out of pages lies insue, and when that happens the instruction to them is don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Old 19-12-2021, 08:00 PM   #4090
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
The one thing i always done, never complain to the boss about lazy workers. 2 reasons. First is you don't want to lose any respect from other workers, second the lazy workers will get caught out and sacked. So yeah, they'll use every excuse in the book, but when that book runs out of pages lies insue, and when that happens the instruction to them is don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Lazy workers don't get sacked in a "family" business. I'm one of three non-family employees, so complaining would be pointless and win-less situation.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2021, 08:05 PM   #4091
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
I never worry about lazy workers either, they make me look real good in the eyes of management plus it stops others talking about me.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2021, 08:09 PM   #4092
Kicking back

Quote:
Lazy workers don't get sacked in a "family" business. I'm one of three non-family employees, so complaining would be pointless and win-less situation.
Yeah they can, i worked at a place where the boss sacked his sister and brother. But they both were completely incompetent for their roles and cost the company money as opposed to making the company money.
But if the boss of a family run business has his emerald glasses on and you're the outsider, sorry mate. You're the guy who walks behind the elephant with a shovel cleaning up the ****. Sometimes blood runs thicker then common sense.
3 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2021, 11:49 PM   #4093
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Simon and Garfunkel earworm (Sound of Silence).
2 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2021, 09:30 AM   #4094
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Yeah they can, i worked at a place where the boss sacked his sister and brother. But they both were completely incompetent for their roles and cost the company money as opposed to making the company money.
But if the boss of a family run business has his emerald glasses on and you're the outsider, sorry mate. You're the guy who walks behind the elephant with a shovel cleaning up the ****. Sometimes blood runs thicker then common sense.
Yes blood is thicker than water!.....guess what?..so is sh.t
Old 20-12-2021, 05:47 PM   #4095
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Selling an old car on marketplace for $1500, reminds me why I shouldn’t in future.
The endless one and done messages- Is it still available? Yes! *crickets.
Will you take $700? * anyone with an afghani sounding name.
Then the million questions, phuark! It’s a $1.5k car, if you want it come fkn look at it!

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 20-12-2021, 05:58 PM   #4096
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
Selling an old car on marketplace for $1500, reminds me why I shouldn’t in future.
The endless one and done messages- Is it still available? Yes! *crickets.
Will you take $700? * anyone with an afghani sounding name.
Then the million questions, phuark! It’s a $1.5k car, if you want it come fkn look at it!
That reminds me of a few years back. A lady i knew bought an 84 maybe 85 toyota. 3 months rego, tyres were ok, it ran and drove. So it was $500. She took it back to the seller infuriated because the aircon didnt work. What do you expect for a $500 car? The rego and scrap value alone is worth 500$.
Old 20-12-2021, 06:03 PM   #4097
leesa

Geez I hate when you're looking at items on the shelf at the grocery store and someone approaches with a trolley so you take a step back to let them pass..... and they pull up right infront of you to look at and block off the same items you were looking at.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2021, 06:19 PM   #4098
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Or, worse, they reach out and take the exact pieces of fruit/veg you were visually (hands-off, because you weren’t sure yet) comparing with each other. After fondling the lot.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2021, 11:13 PM   #4099
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
That reminds me of a few years back. A lady i knew bought an 84 maybe 85 toyota. 3 months rego, tyres were ok, it ran and drove. So it was $500. She took it back to the seller infuriated because the aircon didnt work. What do you expect for a $500 car? The rego and scrap value alone is worth 500$.
" but the aircon dident work? "......
Old 21-12-2021, 06:42 AM   #4100
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Geez I hate when you're looking at items on the shelf at the grocery store and someone approaches with a trolley so you take a step back to let them pass..... and they pull up right infront of you to look at and block off the same items you were looking at.
I'm hearing ya, I use to fall for that trick but not anymore as people can wait until I finish what I'm doing in the aisle, they can go around behind me.
Old 21-12-2021, 02:51 PM   #4101
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Or the store pick n packers with their big trolleys packed with big green oversized shopping baskets, 2 in the same shopping isle is "kamikaze" shopping!
Old 21-12-2021, 03:02 PM   #4102
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
" but the aircon dident work? "......
on the same note, but slightly off track (sorry) I offered my ZL fairlane, with (less than 20K motor and gearbox ) as a freebie - give away, as a project car.
I said air con, handbrake and power windows, not working. I was asked if I could fix them first, by a number of 'interested' folk. It's a give away!!
Take it or not.

That wasn't on this forum.

17 yr old boy and his dad grabbed it as a 'father son project'
which was the sort of thing I was hoping for...
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2021, 03:39 PM   #4103
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefargo View Post
on the same note, but slightly off track (sorry) I offered my ZL fairlane, with (less than 20K motor and gearbox ) as a freebie - give away, as a project car.
I said air con, handbrake and power windows, not working. I was asked if I could fix them first, by a number of 'interested' folk. It's a give away!!
Take it or not.

That wasn't on this forum.

17 yr old boy and his dad grabbed it as a 'father son project'
which was the sort of thing I was hoping for...
It's just so amazing, the expectations of some folk!...the cheekiness of it really, imagine the upbringing they had and the parents who "educated" them to be what they are today

The mind boggles, and sadly, it's everyone I know, or 90% of the folk I meet, so saddening when you think about it, but preventable.

Glad it went to a deserving Dad and son, tell em to keep you posted on the rebuild!
Old 21-12-2021, 09:51 PM   #4104
Kicking back

So i drove my brother out to his mates place this morning because the phone he lost the saturday past, i was right after being told its not in his mates car. I was right.
Anyhow, my brothers mate is is a semi retired dentist who does fake tooths and stuff, but their friendship is social rides on their motorcycles. So i drove my brother out there as the agreed location of said lost phone was the letter box.
It wasnt there so we left. His mate was at work fixing the teeth of die hard johnny farnham fans or something.
So my brother has another phone, no issue there, he just wants the photos off the old one.
His mate called my brother up very annoyed at himself for not remembering the ageed deal. But then said, or atleast what my brother said to me, swear all you like on a call, but never swear in a text.
I understand that, its his business phone.
If anything legal ever happens, its not outlandish to be asked for records, i know from personal experience.
So tomorrow morning for myself its drive 15km to then drive 30km the opposite direction. Hmmmmmmmm
Old 21-12-2021, 10:25 PM   #4105
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
So i drove my brother out to his mates place this morning because the phone he lost the saturday past, i was right after being told its not in his mates car. I was right.
Anyhow, my brothers mate is is a semi retired dentist who does fake tooths and stuff, but their friendship is social rides on their motorcycles. So i drove my brother out there as the agreed location of said lost phone was the letter box.
It wasnt there so we left. His mate was at work fixing the teeth of die hard johnny farnham fans or something.
So my brother has another phone, no issue there, he just wants the photos off the old one.
His mate called my brother up very annoyed at himself for not remembering the ageed deal. But then said, or atleast what my brother said to me, swear all you like on a call, but never swear in a text.
I understand that, its his business phone.
If anything legal ever happens, its not outlandish to be asked for records, i know from personal experience.
So tomorrow morning for myself its drive 15km to then drive 30km the opposite direction. Hmmmmmmmm
You have a very interesting family number 4, but its always a good read
Old 22-12-2021, 06:43 AM   #4106
slowsnake
Banned

Geez I hate businesses big or small who think the bottom line is big easy profit!
The amount of folk killed, injured or maimed because of bad work practices, shonky non caring inspectors, who should not be in such a powerful position, think the tragedy at Waterworld, or Dream-world where all these poor folk died because people were not qualified for the job they were doing, multitasking it's called now, when in the good old days of the Unions, when the worker had a "bit" of a say they called it demarcation!

And no one got injured because only people qualified for a particular job actually did that job!...and any injury was covered up by management.
But when you are working in a non work environment in a public arena, do they the companies give passers-by a 10 second induction course, a safety course, everyday that a "cowboy outfit" is allowed to carry-on, uninterrupted, we will get more deaths, young and old!

You can report that if you like ��
Old 22-12-2021, 05:58 PM   #4107
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Work Christmas do's! Hate them with a passion. I spend all day with these people, why would I want to spend my evening with them too!

Aren't I a nice person!
And now I'm expected to have "pre" Christmas Eve (ie 23rd) drinks.

1. I don't drink, and the only non alcoholic drink is always water. I can drink a cold glass of water at home, after a nice shower and in my own company.

2. I don't do small talk, its a waste of time, and especially a waste of time when you don't even like the people. I trade my time for money, that's it!

3. I don't want to be asked the same bunch of awkward questions I have been asked for the last 15 years. Nor do I have any interest in what these people do outside of work, because there is no outside of work for them. Even when they have a day off, they still come in. So, again, why would I want to talk about work, after work?

4. Leave me alone. I do my job to a very high standard, that's all they should expect of me. Don't expect me to hang around and chat at the end of the day and engage in pointless and demeaning banter. I don't waste time, and nor should you.

Now, excuse me while I go and come up with an excuse...........again, aren't I a beautiful person.
Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2021, 06:43 PM   #4108
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
And now I'm expected to have "pre" Christmas Eve (ie 23rd) drinks.

1. I don't drink, and the only non alcoholic drink is always water. I can drink a cold glass of water at home, after a nice shower and in my own company.

2. I don't do small talk, its a waste of time, and especially a waste of time when you don't even like the people. I trade my time for money, that's it!

3. I don't want to be asked the same bunch of awkward questions I have been asked for the last 15 years. Nor do I have any interest in what these people do outside of work, because there is no outside of work for them. Even when they have a day off, they still come in. So, again, why would I want to talk about work, after work?

4. Leave me alone. I do my job to a very high standard, that's all they should expect of me. Don't expect me to hang around and chat at the end of the day and engage in pointless and demeaning banter. I don't waste time, and nor should you.

Now, excuse me while I go and come up with an excuse...........again, aren't I a beautiful person.
Straight to the point tell them why you won't go "I did this many years ago" where I could not tolerate the drunken foolhardy B.S.actions of some.
They may be work associates but definitely not friends.
Cheers
2 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2021, 08:25 PM   #4109
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Hate is the right word for this.
My best mate (for over 50 years) was undergoing chemo for Pancreatic cancer.
He'd already fought and beaten Prostrate and Bowel cancers.
He went to see his doc yesterday and it looks like the chemo has been a waste of time.
There's now several tumours in his liver.
It just ain't fair!

Just found out there's no coming back from this one...
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2021, 08:57 PM   #4110
slowsnake
Banned

Patrick Swayze's wife, Lisa Niemi wrote a book after Patrick succumbed to pancreatic cancer, it's a good read, may help you!

It's called " Worth Fighting For "

Regards Billy.