Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-08-2005, 01:00 PM   #1
Bayliss_AU

Default Newbie!

Hey everyone! Ive just joint this forum thingy you have here...

You see, i just bought myself an AUII Sedan (Forte), and i am currently looking at doing some mods. Eventually i would like to have all of the following done:

- Bodykit
- Stereo System
- Wheels
- Performance Exhaust/Intake
- Performace chip
- etc....etc....

I am in melbourne, so if people can recommend me places to go for these, it would be much appreciated... Also, any recommendations on what parts/manufacturers are the best would be awesome!

Thanks

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 01:02 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Performance = Jim Mock Motorsport.

I'll leave the others to help with the rest.

Welcome to the forums, careful, its addictive.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 02:16 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Performance in Melbourne - no brainer. Casper has already answered and you would be mad to go anywhere else based on JMMs PROVEN results (eh, Laminge?).

Body kit = AWC (site sponsor - click on the link at the top of the page)

Stereo gear - JB Hifi, Strathfield, Autobarn etc sell and install stereo gear (or buy from them and install yourself)

Speakers - all are 5X7. Do a search on 5X7 on AFF - there is a thread somewhere listing speaker options. Mods - any chance of making the speaker option thread a "sticky" in AUFalcon section?

Wheels - the choice is yours. Legally you can go to an 18 x 8 on an AU2 Forte (2" larger diameter and 1" wider than standard). The Wheel King, Bob Jane, even Ford all sell a wide variety of wheels (though Ford only sell Ford ones). Shop around - use the net to find the wheels you want and then comparte price. Or just wait for a set to come up in the For Sale section of the forum. You can now get a set of second hand BA XR 18s for around the $1500 mark.

etc, etc - ebay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCXR8
Here's a list I put together awhile ago. Knock yourselves out!

Speakers: Listed in rough price order
Aerpro APS57 @ around $20 - $25. They are better than standard but that's about it.
Kicker 05ES68 @ $99
JBL GTO8626 @ $129
Pioneer TSA 5713 @ $149
Clarion SRC5715 @ $149 (Use Quick Product Search to search on SRC5715)
Boston S85 @ US$120 (approx $160)
Polk Audio DB570 @ US$120 (approx $160)
JL Audio TR570-CXi @ $189 and the ZR570-CSi (Special order) @ $1489 pair - not a misprint!!
Boston NX87 @ US$180 (approx $240)
JBL P75 @ $249.00.
Clif Designs PX5.7 @ $249.00.
Phoenix Gold TX57.0COAX @ $249.00.
Polk Audio MMC570 @ US$200 (approx $265)
Blaupunkt TSx 573 (couldn't get a price for these)
Rockford Fosgate T682S/T1682S this is a 6x8 which apparently fits in the 5x7 space - somehow. Couldn't find a price easily.
Infinity REF6810CS this is a 6x8 but lists 5x7 as well!?! No price.
Eclipse SE8375 No price.
Alpine SPR-571A No price.
Alpine SPR-57LS & SPR-57LP No price.
Kenwood KFC-5708 US$60 (approx AUD$90 + shipping)
Fusion FPS572 $181
Fusion FPS572P $181
Fusion FPC572 $329

I have the Pioneer and am very happy with them. Also, most 6" and some 6.5" speakers will also fit in the 5x7 holes in the doors and parcel shelf, but obviously you would need to drill new screw holes to mount them and you need to be sure they are not too deep (in the doors). I had a pair of 6.5" US Audio speakers in the front of my AU1 XR6.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 04:08 PM   #4
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCXR8
Wheels - the choice is yours. Legally you can go to an 18 x 8 on an AU2 Forte (2" larger diameter and 1" wider than standard). The Wheel King, Bob Jane, even Ford all sell a wide variety of wheels (though Ford only sell Ford ones). Shop around - use the net to find the wheels you want and then comparte price. Or just wait for a set to come up in the For Sale section of the forum. You can now get a set of second hand BA XR 18s for around the $1500 mark.
JC has summed up your options and the best places to go perfectly.

Just a side note though, technically you "could" legally fit 20" rims as the AU had an 18" option and the law states 2 inches larger than the lagest for that model (AU1,2 and 3 are all classified as 1 model). Trying to get that past an insurance company is a different story and JC is right..18" is more practical.

Old 15-08-2005, 05:04 PM   #5
Abacus
Life's a Gas

[QUOTE=Casper]Performance = Jim Mock Motorsport.

Who would you suggest as the best one-stop performance shop in Sydney?
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 05:06 PM   #6
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

[QUOTE=Abacus]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Performance = Jim Mock Motorsport.

LOL, JMM of course. :
Get the stuff sent to you and then take it to Spiro's (autotech engineering) and have it all fitted!

Old 15-08-2005, 05:10 PM   #7
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Actually, to be honest, I know of a couple people who have driven their cars all the way from Sydney and Adelaide so that it could be fitted at the JMM workshop. They never regretted it.

Old 15-08-2005, 06:10 PM   #8
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Autotech Engineering @ Granville or Crescent Motors @ Liverpool.

Omega Automotive who are the Battens Performance dealer also look to be a good choice. I haven't had work done there but their service is top notch.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 07:58 PM   #9
Bayliss_AU

Thanks to you all for your help. Should have a picture of The Beast up here soon...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2005, 08:35 PM   #10
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Check out the AU Thread (click here) in the Showroom. You will be required to add before and after shots.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 12:29 AM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Speak to Joe at Crescent Motorsport in Liverpool ... excellent work there ... and a top bloke as well.

They are under Crescent Motors in Macquarie Street Liverpool (in the phone book)
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post