Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
Crazifpv
Starter Motor

Angry Bathurst campsites sold out

Hi guys I'm new to the site anyway I missed last years Bathurst race as I had a bloody wedding so I coundnt get my site from the year before. The sites for this year went on sale today for the public and has already sold out not happy. Hope they will release more sites.

Crazifpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #2
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bathurst campsites sold out

contact Bathurst Council or tourist information. They usually have camping on some other parks & Sports Ovals in town. Its not the track but its better than nothing & you will still be camping with other rev heads
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I registered on their website a month ago, I was on their website at 11.58 am yesterday and as soon as they opened at 12 midday I got 2 sites side by side in Reid Park.

They sold out in 33 minutes.

V8SC are talking to Bathurst City Council to see where else they can use.

Media release re Bathurst Camping
Old 18-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

See you there Big Trev. We got a site at Reid Park at 12.03pm !!
Old 18-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Big problem is, if you don't get a campsite on the side of the track, you can't bring your own alcohol to the track. We used to rent one of any number of private homes while we were there. We lasted 2 years after they brought that rule in, got sick of $6 plastic cup light beer and haven't been back since.

IMHO, it's not worth it going to Bathurst any more if you don't get a site, or you're taking kids for that once every half dozen year major trip. I get better race updates on the big LCD screen at home these days anyway.

Lukeyson
Old 19-04-2012, 04:56 AM   #6
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trev
They sold out in 33 minutes.
I'm glad I'm connected!
Old 19-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #7
ELFalcon_XR8
Starter Motor

It was absolutley crazy. I camped up there last year but the sites I had were my wife's frineds brothers sites. He forgot to tell me the dates for the right of refusal period so I couldnt get those sites back. So at 12:00pm tuesday armed with my credit card I logged onto the net and hoped to god I could get a site. I got 2 sites in Max Cameron camp ground down near Hell corner and by 12:11pm all sites in that campground were sold out. Then 20 minutes later, the whole mountain was sold out! At least I get first dibs next year when the right of refusal period happens as I now have my name on 2 sites. The most annoying thing is that Mum and Dad live 200 metres from the track but they rent their house out every year!
ELFalcon_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #8
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELFalcon_XR8
It was absolutley crazy. I camped up there last year but the sites I had were my wife's frineds brothers sites. He forgot to tell me the dates for the right of refusal period so I couldnt get those sites back. So at 12:00pm tuesday armed with my credit card I logged onto the net and hoped to god I could get a site. I got 2 sites in Max Cameron camp ground down near Hell corner and by 12:11pm all sites in that campground were sold out. Then 20 minutes later, the whole mountain was sold out! At least I get first dibs next year when the right of refusal period happens as I now have my name on 2 sites. The most annoying thing is that Mum and Dad live 200 metres from the track but they rent their house out every year!
just pay the rent
davenl5l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
ELFalcon_XR8
Starter Motor

Haha yeah I wish. The same blokes have been renting it out for the last 20 years. Mum and Dad have a pretty good agreement with him. According to dad the guys though are getting on and they said their days going to the race are numbered. I told Mum and Dad that I can get 10 mates straight away that can give them the same money if not more to use it. The guys that rent it out are part of the fire marshals for the race.
ELFalcon_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #10
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELFalcon_XR8
Haha yeah I wish. The same blokes have been renting it out for the last 20 years. Mum and Dad have a pretty good agreement with him. According to dad the guys though are getting on and they said their days going to the race are numbered. I told Mum and Dad that I can get 10 mates straight away that can give them the same money if not more to use it. The guys that rent it out are part of the fire marshals for the race.
sub rent the back yard from them lol
Old 19-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #11
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenl5l
sub rent the back yard from them lol
I was thinking of mentioning that earlier